KQ 412 Nairobi – Entebbe
5Y-KQH Boeing 737-700
Business Class – 2D
Sunday 16th September 2007
ETD 12:55 pm ATD 1:13 pm
ETA 2:10 pm ATA 2:04 pm
Flight time – 55 minutes

Check In

Security prior to the check in desks was smooth, although there is only one point, and with 6 flights departing, it could have taken time.

For Business Class, and Flying Dutchman Platinum and Gold Check in Desks, there were only two desks open. There were 32 passengers waiting in one line for check—in. The second line was for baggage drop off only. The wait was approximately 17 minutes (unacceptable for Business Class). The actual check in took 7 minutes, even though I had telephone checked in the night before.

Immigration took less than 3 minutes.

Kenya Airways Simba Lounge

This is an exclusive lounge for Business Class Passengers only, and is located near the arrivals immigration area. There are sofas for 14, table seating 20, and bar stools for 8. A variety of drinks were available, including beer, soft drinks, spirits and wine. Tea and coffee is also self service, however specialty coffees are served. There were sandwiches, nuts, pastries, crisps and fruit available.

The flight was called at 12:25 pm.

Boarding

Once I got to gate 4 and cleared security, I waited around 7 minutes in the holding area, before the flight was called for boarding. We had to walk across the tarmac to board the aircraft.

I found my seat, and waited for everyone to board. The front door was used to board both J and Y class passengers. Once everyone was settled, sparkling wine, orange juice, apple juice and water was offered. Then newspapers, followed by the air hostess taking the order for a light meal.

Menu

Hot Light Meal
Chicken Thigh stuffed with creamed Spinach, Potato Wedges, Sugar Snap Peas and Turned Carrots

Or

Penne Pasta Bolognaise

Or

Vegetable Curry, White Steamed Rice, Palak Paneer

Assorted Bread Rolls

Choice of Regular or herbal Tea and Coffee

Beverage List

Bar Service

Aperitifs

Campari
Port

Spirits

Scotch Whisky
Vodka
Gin
Brandy

Wines

White Wine

Chablis – Laroche Chablis
Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc – Nederburg Estate, South Africa
Boschendal – Grand Vin Blanc, South Africa

Red Wine

Medoc Cru Bourgeois – Château D’escot
Rupert and Rothschild Vignerons – Costal Region, South Africa
Nederburg Cabernet Sauvignon – Nederburg Estate, South Africa

Beers

Liqueurs

Cointreau
Benedictine
Amarula

Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Orange, Apple or Tomato Juices
Assorted Soft Drinks

I asked for the chicken and Rupert and Rothschild red wine. The chicken was moist (bit fatty with the skin on), the potato wedges crisp, and vegetables fresh. I had 5 glasses of the Rupert and Rothschild red wine. The wine was superb.

After take off, a hot towel was offered, and then the meal. Service was fast. Tea and Coffee was not offered. The cabin was full (2-2 x 4 rows). Service was excellent, the meal fantastic.

We landed at 2:04 pm, and I was first in line for a Visa. This took less then 5 minutes.

I had checked in 3 banners. Two came off first, and the third one came about 6 minutes later. I was in a Serena Hotel taxi by 2:30 pm, heading for Kampala.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Very nice to read something about KQ's intra-African flights. I've also used them several times between EBB and NBO, and agree that they offer a decent product for such a short sector. However, I share your observations regarding the elite check-in line in NBO, the wait is very often unacceptably long. They should really open more counters here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.