Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What is left? No more Gold VIP benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is left? No more Gold VIP benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Hyatt will give HHonors Gold a status match to Hyatt Diamond (their top-tier). Starwood will match Hyatt Diamond with Starwood Platinum (their top-tier).

Status at InterContinental hotels can be bought. $150 gets you IC Ambassador status + Priority Club Gold (mid-tier) status.
Are you saying you've been ablt to get Hyatt to match HHonors Gold, and then get Starwood to match that? I thought Starwood wants to see activity on your statement, not just status. Sorry if I've misunderstood. Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:08 pm

that will be nice if we can use our HH gold to match with hyatt diamond. how to do it?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Hyatt will give HHonors Gold a status match to Hyatt Diamond (their top-tier). Starwood will match Hyatt Diamond with Starwood Platinum (their top-tier).

Status at InterContinental hotels can be bought. $150 gets you IC Ambassador status + Priority Club Gold (mid-tier) status.
Originally Posted by rrgg
Are you saying you've been ablt to get Hyatt to match HHonors Gold, and then get Starwood to match that? I thought Starwood wants to see activity on your statement, not just status. Sorry if I've misunderstood. Thanks.

In theory you could do this. Keep in mind this is a ONE TIME DEAL. and you will have to maintain status going forward. Also, in this day and age, I've noticed that not only are marketing programs asking for your status, they are also asking for a certain amount of stays. So if you don't have the stays, they can figure you got top tier elite status without working towards it.

Originally Posted by anchor79
that will be nice if we can use our HH gold to match with hyatt diamond. how to do it?
Please do a search in this thread and the miles buzz thread using the words Status Match. In this forum there is a "status match master thread" in the miles buzz forum there is a hotel status match master thread.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And "no exec floor means no exec lounge access" is clearly written in the TOS.
Guess I haven't looked at the TOS lately. Is that Hilton Euro TOS or overall Hilton TOS? If it's the latter, then most of us even at the US properties shouldn't be getting lounge access either. I know I could go to Hilton website to check, but the thing takes so long to load/is a pain to get through. But that's a dif thread topic

For me really the only reason I go for Gold is for the exec lounge access. Clients can't always afford exec level rooms, and at Hiltons even non-exec level rooms can be pricey. If it looks like EL access isn't going to be readily available in Europe, then staying at Marriott properties probably will make more sense for me in the future since I'm Plat status on them and get EL access regardless of the floor/room I've been assigned.

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I could not agree more. And some properties should forget about treating Golds like Diamonds. This could solve quite a bit of the dilemma.
Are there really a group of hotels treating Golds like Diamonds?

I see Diamonds not getting what they expect, but Golds as a rule getting more than justified? I just don't see it. Repeat customers to the same property sometimes receiving that little extra (more than your first-time visitor), yes, but this seems to be status-independent.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Guess I haven't looked at the TOS lately. Is that Hilton Euro TOS or overall Hilton TOS? If it's the latter, then most of us even at the US properties shouldn't be getting lounge access either. I know I could go to Hilton website to check, but the thing takes so long to load/is a pain to get through. But that's a dif thread topic

Cheers.
Just for the record see the following for GOLD:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/gold.do

Hilton® Hotels in North America 1000 points or

Upgrade to Executive Floor (if available), OR
Executive Floor Lounge access (if the hotel has a Lounge), OR
High Speed Internet Access (available in the US and select locations in Mexico and Canada), OR
complimentary continental breakfast for the member and one guest each day of the stay.
If the rate already includes breakfast, a special food and beverage amenity will be presented.

Hilton® Hotels outside North America (No 1000 point option

Upgrade to Executive Level or to the next best available room type (does not include suites). Upgraded rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and only guests that receive an upgrade to the Executive Level will be given access to the Executive Lounge.

At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodations or an upgrade is not available, Gold VIPs will receive additional amenities and/or services, which vary by property.

The benefits for Diamonds are a little different

Each Hilton family brand offeres different benefits so it pays to carry a copy of the T&C

MODS - perhaps we should post the link for Diamonds, Golds and Silver benefits as a sticky as it is important that we all have the proper level of expectations
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There are still benefits as outlined, but there are increasing tales of no exec level floor room, no exec level lounge access in some of the European properties. Varies by property. I know some Diamonds who have experienced it as well. Even in the US (NYHilton in particular) that's occuring. YVMV. Cheers.
True, because there is NO entitlement to an Executive Level room OR lounge access. In Europe, all they have to provide is an upgraded room, which can mean just about anything - higher floor, corner room, etc.

Last edited by DCBob; Jun 15, 2007 at 4:13 pm
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
Executive Lounge Door Shut at these two Places?

We're Diamonds and we are planning to stay at the Rome Cavilieri and the Hilton Vienna Plaza. The Vienna Plaza treated us spectacularly when we stated there as Gold three years ago, and we have heard great things about the Cavilieri (I am sorry if I am mis-spelling the word). Has anyone heard if either property has denied executive lounge access to Diamond members who are not staying on the executive floor.

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
By the Way

I just noticed that my profile says that I am a Hilton HHonors "Platinum".I have no one to blame for this mistake but myself. I hope Hilton does not take away my Diamond status for this egregious error (especially after all the money Hilton spent on designing its HHonors program).
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
....getting Diamond in Europe is somehow more expensive.
Usually, but not always.

We had people in Europe qualifying for Gold and Diamond, with and without fast tracks, on European stays alone on the very cheap. Scandic Hotels, Scandic Hotels .... while they last in the HHonors program. I don't think we could have pulled it off so cheaply in the US as we did in Europe. Actually, I'm sure in some cases we definitely would not be able to do it even one penny cheaper anywhere in the US.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question , I have just received a Hilton gold card(by some link with Flying Blue) never having stayed in a Hilton. Does this do much for me? reading threads on here it appears very variable. Or are they just degrading the card in hope of attracting more business? I am happy with Intercontinentals but might thing of Hiltons over an HI or CP, is it worth it?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I have just received a Hilton gold card(by some link with Flying Blue) never having stayed in a Hilton.
Congratulations on getting Gold for nothing, but to think some wonder why the programme is being devalued.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 5:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Grog
Are there really a group of hotels treating Golds like Diamonds?
Many of them treat Golds like Diamonds. That's the problem.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 6:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Congratulations on getting Gold for nothing, but to think some wonder why the programme is being devalued.
Hilton does seem to have cut back on giving Gold away as easily in the US as it used to a couple of years ago, but the perks are harder to come by even as Hilton has gotten tighter with giving Gold away in some markets. This situation is not a surprise -- regardless of whether Hilton gives Gold away or not -- for the hotel industry is at the occupancy levels it is at currently in many markets and so delivering in the way it used to for elite members, regardless of how they got the status, is just not as critical for the hotels to get customers. When the occupancy levels drop, then the game will be different.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question , I have just received a Hilton gold card(by some link with Flying Blue) never having stayed in a Hilton. Does this do much for me? reading threads on here it appears very variable. Or are they just degrading the card in hope of attracting more business? I am happy with Intercontinentals but might thing of Hiltons over an HI or CP, is it worth it?
I'd vote Conrad > IC on average but I'd quickly add I've only been to both in a handful of locations (most recently, singapore). A very new HI could outdo a dated Hilton, but on avg a Hilton is better than HI IMHO. Many Hiltons have Gold/Plat lounges, I haven't seen one to date at HI.

I used to be exclusively HH Honors but it's easier to earn awards in Priority Club so I had to diversify. All else being equal I prefer HH properties v. their PC counterparts, starting with Hampton Inn through Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.