Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some T5 lounge info

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ian001
I had thought that myself, and I wonder whether not having seperate lounges for CW and CE may mean that the lounge offering for CW pax may not be radically different to what is on offer at the moment.
I've seen pictures of "The Galeries" concept for Club pax and Silvers and it is outstanding. Easily 100x better than British Airways best lounge today and coniderably better than any lounge I've ever used on any airline.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by I Class
I've seen pictures of "The Galeries" concept for Club pax and Silvers and it is outstanding. Easily 100x better than British Airways best lounge today and coniderably better than any lounge I've ever used on any airline.
Hi,

Ooh!! Now you are teasing us!!

If it is even better than the VS LHR clubhouse then it must be really something special!

When will pictures be released?

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

If it is even better than the VS LHR clubhouse then it must be really something special!

Regards

TBS

There are pictures available now in a BA distributed pamphlet on the move to T5.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Does it seem strange other OW carriers will let BA have a "special" lounge not open to OW emeralds? I always thought they got away with it because CR was sort of a leftover.
Not really, the CCR like the arrivals lounges falls outside of the alliance offerings. I am under the impression that carriers are able to restrict certain benefits if there is a local restriction, but they have to advise the OW panel.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:42 am

Hi,

Regards

TBS
Actually, if it lives up to the presentations that I have seen it will beat Clubhouse. But then as Victoria Wood once said, Chernobil looked good in the brochure....
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
All sounds very encouraging. ^

Worth noting that those who feel somewhat disillusioned with BA at the moment may want to ensure they still have their status by March 2008.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Sorry to ask the question again, but any other OW carriers using T5?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Sorry to ask the question again, but any other OW carriers using T5?
No, there isn't room. QF was supposed to be in T5 but is now going to T3, along with BA flights operating under the JSA with QF (so BA will have a dozen flights in T3 instead of just MIA). T3 will be renovated and house all the OW airlines (along with VS, who is staying in T3). I suppose T3-T5 transfers will not be any worse than now (but not any better). T5 is clearly meant to benefit BA and not OW.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Right. So that means SIN & BKK flights in T3. And presumably a new lounge?

So where to all the *A carrier move to?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right. So that means SIN & BKK flights in T3. And presumably a new lounge?

So where to all the *A carrier move to?
Hi,

I have heard *A will move to T1 ( and Skyteam to T4)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:24 pm

Hi,

I have heard *A will move to T1 ( and Skyteam to T4)

Regards

TBS
Great. So with any luck *A takes over the BA lounge and does something worthwhile with it. Unlikely, I guess, but just imagine if LH did something similar to the F terminal in FRA. I bet it would get a handsome slice of long haul business, save for the fact that you have to do the connecting flight first.

Last edited by virtualtroy; Feb 3, 2007 at 12:32 pm
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by I Class
There are pictures available now in a BA distributed pamphlet on the move to T5.
Similar to this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593826
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fraser
Hi,

Many thanks for that Fraser! ^

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 3, 2007, 2:15 pm

Great. So with any luck *A takes over the BA lounge and does something worthwhile with it. Unlikely, I guess, but just imagine if LH did something similar to the F terminal in FRA. I bet it would get a handsome slice of long haul business, save for the fact that you have to do the connecting flight first.
It's not a slum now is it? Anyway, the current BA lounge will have to be half demolished as the back of it is in the Queens buiding and that is being knocked down. Once the queens building is down T2 goes and LHR east is going to be built, a slightly smaller mini T5 which will link into a heavily revamped T1 remnant. Rumour has it that VS will happily move into it, along with *A.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you talking about the T1 Lounge?

I think the T1 Terraces is great. ^

And the F Lounge is great too, only a little crowded. ^
(am therefore a supporter of the strictly one guest policy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.