Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Elite-Level Members: Please Answer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

US Airways Elite-Level Members: Please Answer

I am conducting research for an upcoming article in InsideFlyer magazine about elite-level memberships and would like your answers to the following questions. Either respond here or at [email protected].

Thank you!

1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in Dividend Miles do you value the most?

2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered?

3) If you could ask one question of the managers of the elite program, what would it be?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by lynda_insideflyer
I am conducting research for an upcoming article in InsideFlyer magazine about elite-level memberships and would like your answers to the following questions. Either respond here or at [email protected].

Thank you!

1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in Dividend Miles do you value the most?

2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered?

3) If you could ask one question of the managers of the elite program, what would it be?
1. Unlimited domestic upgrades based on availability (although the upgrade process at US is currently quite irregular with the two reservations systems operating).

2. I would like the opportunity to to actually use my complimentary transatlantic upgrades without paying a fortune on the eligible, upgradeable coach fares. I usually end up trading those complimentary upgrades in for miles instead. It is often less expensive to book ineligible coach class and upgrade with the GoEnvoy program at $500 than it is to buy eligible coach class and upgrade "for free."

3. What has happened to consistent, quality, and prompt customer service for elites that we used to have? Customer service has deteriorated greatly since the merger.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:28 pm

1. Unlimited domestic upgrades based on availability (copy and paste from me4yankees)
2. Waived $25 standby (Move-Up) fee
3. Why is US removing first class seats and adding coach seats when other worldwide carriers are either expanding/upgrading their first class product or increasing leg room in coach (JetBlue, UA's E+)?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: US - Platinum, HHonors - Diamond

Bypassing lines: Counter, security, and boarding early

Ability to use my miles if a seat is available.

Why do high dollar customers get the same service as low dollar customers? For example, why should I get stuck in a middle seat when I pay 3 times the price for a ticket simply because someone else purchased sooner than I did and the flight is full? As a plat I should never be stuck in the middle, period, end of story.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
  1. Unlimited domestic E-UGs & elite tiered queuing for UGs
  2. Ability to actually utilize the TA UG coupons ( both being able to successfully queue in the UG queue & to find a reasonably-priced off-season TA M/H/Q fare)
  3. Is US Air truely committed to maintaining a credible DM product given shrinking F and Envoy cabin configs, GoFirst/GoEnvoy & marketing DM as an open-ended revenue-oriented "non-flying" FF program -- where do your real fliyng elites stand with US?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Unlimited upgrades to F.
Mileage award opportunity if a seat is available.
Why are F class amenities so poor compared to F on UA or CO?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:56 pm

I look forward to reading this article.

Unlimited domestic and carib/ lat am upgrades when available.

Simple: Provide a realistic opportunity to upgrade on European flights. The trans-Atlantic upgrade scheme as it is now is just too expensive and offers no advantage to the elite flyer. This is a promised benefit, but not a delivered one.

Why would you be reducing F seats? This truly negates the benefit of offering upgrades in the first place. A reasonable chance for an elite to u/g is about the only thing this airline has going for it right now; without a real chance at this US offers a very un-competitive product overall.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor

Preboarding

Mileage awards at reduced miles

Regarding the "everything counts" promotion, why the push to have so many other elite travelers in the program when it seems you can hardly support the ones you have (for example, in approximately 40 transcontinental flights last year, I was upgraded about 4 times) (but I already know the answer to this question).
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in SkyMiles do you value the most?
Domestic Upgrades

A web site that works…..

Why don’t you try running the airline you have before you bite off another one? So far you have shown me you don’t know how. Oh BTW, if you want to have lunch in a couple weeks, PM me. I’m going to be in your area…….
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:52 pm

Unlimited UGs
'Saver' priced mileage awards whenever a seat is available
How about some lifetime awards like AA has?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club

Elite check in and security lines.

Being able to change a flight schedule for free on a space available basis.

Why do they continue to devalue the benefits for elites when they are responsible for such a large volume of their business.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:14 pm

1. First class upgrades and chairman preferred phone lines
2. No charge for stand by
3. Why reduce the size of First class cabins
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Ability to confirm exit row/bulkhead seating in Y at the time of booking. (Note: Once the East Airbus re-configurations are complete this benefit will no longer apply, as the extra legroom in exit row will be eliminated.)

The ability to upgrade translatlantic flights on all fare classes.

Do you realize how many elites will leave (and have already left) US because you are reducing the pitch in F & Y on the East Airbii, and what an impact it will have on your bottom line???
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:29 pm

Reasonable redemption of miles in both availability and mileage requirements.

A Million Mile Club

What message do you think it is sending to your loyal higher-paying customers to pull out first-class seats? I'll regularly choose US over any other carrier due to mileage program loyalties. Watering down the benefits in any way causes me to reconsider paying US $50-$150 more at times than I pay other carriers OR to reconsider making a connection at the same price verses a non-stop with another carrier.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
1. Unlimited domestic upgrades based on availability (I ran 94% in 2006 ) ^

2. I would like the opportunity to actually use International Award Miles for Business or F Trans Pacific This is probably the reason I will end up moving my current business away from US to AA or UAL. 750,000 miles with US have been languishing because they are only good for economy seats if three of us want to travel trans Pacific in anything but "torture seats." We have been aggressively trying to use them for for 12+ months. And though we fly to Europe a few times/yr, we would never consider flying US Trans Atlantic due to their extremely poor Int'l Business service.

3. What has happened to their service focus for elites? Reducing the number of F seats coupled with the continued "give away everything counts" programs to boost Elite member numbers ala old US East tells me that US Tempe doesn't really value Elite customers' business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.