TLV-STN & LHR-TLV El Al Business Class Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL

Hey,

Well you guys said you weren't getting enough El Al trip reports, so here is a report from me.

Over this weekend I flew to London for some holiday, flew in on Thursday on LY213 to STN and then back home on LY318 from LHR.

Well let me get started.

Thursday morning, 2:30AM phone rings, wake up call, Time to get ready, everything already packed, did a quick shower and at 3AM I left for the airport. This time instead of using my normal Taxi service to the airport we took the car, and left it in the long term parking area (first time doing it), It's quite nice, Don't know why we haven't done that before.

Well we got to the airport at 3:15AM, and went to the check in @ 3:20AM, Platinum/Shalom Service check in was empty, only 2 counters were open, quite surprising for Thursday morning. I guess elal must be doing bad lately haha.

Flight Details:

Flight Number: LY213
Seat: 2A
Aircraft / Reg: B757-200 / 4X-EBU
Route: TLV-STN
Departure: 5:08AM
Arrival: 8:10AM
Date: 31.9.06

After check in we continued to Passport Control and then to the business lounge, which was also empty, and then left for the plane.

I was happy to be onboard the EBU, and not EBT or EBS (oldies)...

We were offered some pre-flight drinks, and just settled myself in my seat with my iPod to get some rest.

We pushed back on time, taxied to runway 26, and left for Stansted.

20 min after departure we were offered Breakfast, the choices were:

Omelette with a cheese plate and some vegetables

OR

Kish with a cheese plate

OR

Health Breakfast, including a salad, fruit salad, granola and some other stuff.

I chose the Omelette, was okay, not too good, Lufthansa's B'fast is much better!

A pic of the meal:

I then watched one of the movies that was on display, 16 Blocks, nice movie!

And the rest of the flight was calm. No highlights.

Cabin picture (!Sorry for the poor quality!):

We landed at STN before schedule, we taxied to our gate and I deboarded the plane quickly, and for my surprise, I found STN to be much nicer then LHR, I think next time I'll fly to London I'll fly to STN again.

Some pics:

We then proceeded to Immigration which went quickly and then to the Stansted Express, and then off to London.

In London we stayed at the Hilton Paddington, very nice hotel, not like the Hilton Park Lane, but indeed a nice hotel, the location is excellent transportation wise, the underground is just across the street.

Just a really nice sunset I thought you guys would like to see:

Flight back -

Well our flight back was on Saturday evening, LY318.

We got a late check-out, and we left the hotel at 7:40 for LHR, with the Heathrow Express, we arrived to Heathrow at 7:55 and continued to check in.

Details:

Flight Number: LY318
Seat: 3K
Aircraft / Reg: B767-300 / 4X-EAJ
Route: LHR-TLV
Departure: 10:58PM
Arrival: 04:55AM
Date: 2.9.06

Flight boarded on time, We left the King David lounge for the plane, we got there quickly, and boarded the plane, I went into the cabin and for the first time, I flew in El Al's new 767 Business Class. First impression was so and so, but they were quite nice, Lie-Flat seats, nice seats to sleep on. This flight for me was uneventful, I slept the whole flight, my only complain was that the leg rest isn't going up enough for them to be real lie-flat seats.

A quick pic I took of the cabin:

Hope you've enjoyed this report. More to come.

Royi
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:32 pm

Really liked your photos! Any chance you could post the menu for your return flight to TLV? I'm sure there are many menu mavens like me who would appreciate it - thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.