Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R Class availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: Continental, American Airlines, Alitalia, Iberia, Jetblue,Starwood Gold,Hilton Honors
Lightbulb R's are back now lets save the Privledge Packs!

Originally Posted by hockey7711
It's working again.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Maybe they decided it wasn't such a good idea to piss off their best customers!
Im glad that the Onepass members didnt take it lying dow ^ ^
I see they actually listen to us amazing !

Now how about getting the Privledge Packs back from oblivion!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:18 pm

It's great to have the ability to see the R class again! If it were a glitch, glad it's over! If it was initially intentional to remove visibility, thank you to whomever changed their mind! I think this is very, very important and helpful to your most loyal and frequent travelers, Continental. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:55 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<Deleted>

Last edited by KVS; Aug 4, 2006 at 3:35 pm
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KVS
Regretfully, earlier this morning, AUA has pulled the plug on their Amadeus booking engine (the one that was showing CO's R class), replacing it with a dumbed-down version.
The end of an era.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million Miler, UA 1K, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Am I Missing Something about R Class?

Greetings,

Using KVS, SABRE-ITN, I was able to pull up R Class, is this not what you were looking for?

[KVS Availability Tool 2.2.4/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/US-AX1]
Code:
IAH  Houston George Bush Intercnt'l TX US [KIAH]
EWR  Newark Int'l NJ US [KEWR]
SAT  19 Aug 2006

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- -- -------------------- 
CO        89     IAH  06:30     EWR  11:00     738  0  A7 D7 Z4 R0 Y9 H9 K9
CO        52     IAH  07:55     EWR  12:35     762  0  A9 D9 Z9 R9 Y9 H9 K9
CO        510    IAH  08:55     EWR  13:35     735  0  A5 D5 Z0 R0 Y9 H9 K9
CO        40     IAH  10:50     EWR  15:35     762  0  A9 D9 Z5 R1 Y9 H9 K9
CO        152    IAH  12:05     EWR  16:55     762  0  A6 D6 Z3 R0 Y9 H9 K9
CO        50     IAH  13:20     EWR  18:20     752  0  A0 D0 Z0 R0 Y9 H9 K9
CO        62     IAH  14:27     EWR  19:25     752  0  A5 D5 Z0 R0 Y9 H9 K9
CO        210    IAH  15:35     EWR  20:30     762  0  A9 D9 Z9 R9 Y9 H9 K9
CO        1010   IAH  17:50     EWR  22:38     733  0  A9 D9 Z6 R2 Y9 H9 K9
CO        310    IAH  19:15     EWR  00:03 +1       0  A9 D9 Z9 R9 Y9 H9 K9
CO        410    IAH  21:08     EWR  01:38 +1  739  0  A9 D9 Z9 R9 Y9 H9 K9
Michael
Old Aug 4, 2006, 3:34 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdjtlj
Using KVS, SABRE-ITN, I was able to pull up R Class, is this not what you were looking for?
Yes, it is! I don't believe Sabre-ITN was showing it before -- great news indeed -- thanks for noticing it ^.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 3:37 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation CO R Class

CO's R class is now available via the Sabre: ITN method of the KVS Tool, instead of Amadeus: AUA.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 4:25 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Heads-up, we're going to be switching some letters around

For those of you availability-watchers out there, we're making some changes starting next week (7-Aug) you're going to want to take note of. These changes will apply to flights on or after 20-Sep 2006.
- F class will be the class of service used for mileage and Elite upgrades (replacing R class)
- EN class will be the class of service used for First/BusinessFirst free ticket awards redeemed by Elites (replacing F class)
The actual availability of these classes will not be impacted, only the letters will be changing.
There will be no change to the E class designation (First/BusinessFirst free ticket awards for non-Elites). After this change, R class will be used for some retail First/BusinessFirst fares.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO Insider
F class will be the class of service used for mileage and Elite upgrades (replacing R class)
Cool, thanks! F was actually used for mileage/elite upgrades until a few years ago.

Originally Posted by KVS
CO's R class is now available via the Sabre: ITN method of the KVS Tool, instead of Amadeus: AUA
And apparently, ExpertFlyer is now showing "R" inventory as well!!! ^ ^ ^
(Although I don't think "E" or "G" inventory shows - )

Last edited by ijgordon; Aug 4, 2006 at 4:40 pm
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:22 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Cool, thanks! F was actually used for mileage/elite upgrades until a few years ago.

And apparently, ExpertFlyer is now showing "R" inventory as well!!! ^ ^ ^
(Although I don't think "E" or "G" inventory shows - )
Yes, it is on ExpertFlyer as well.

But, our sense is this is going to be short lived and as CO Insider has stated, R will be replaced by F (which is not showing on any tool) after 20-Sept. So if you are seeing R after Sept 20th it would seem to us that this is not an upgrade bucket but a revenue bucket. CO is very protective of their award/upgrade inventory exposure. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:03 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Inportant Change to ExpertFlyer for CO

We have done more research on this R class issue and have found the following:

- The Sabre (or Sabre/ITN) availability data, for whatever reason, for R class inventory is not consistent with the data when direct connecting to CO. We believe the CO direct connect data to be the most accurate.

- We have changed our access method for all CO flight availability to directly access CO to achieve the most accurate data.

- As a result of this change, you must specifiy "R" in the Class box when doing a Flight Availability query on ExpertFlyer. This will then respond with all classes, including R. Failure to specify R in the Class box will return all buckets but not R.

- Keep in mind that the meaning of R data for flights as of Sept 20th is, according to CO Insider a revenue fare.

We will keep an eye on this situation and make changes, if possible, as necessary to provide the most accurate information and let you know accordingly. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you all for your support,
EFV

Edited to add: If you specify R in Class, CO will attempt to provide a response where there is R class availability between your specifed city pairs which may be through connections instead of more direct or n/s routes. This should be interpreted as R class inventory being currently zero for the direct routes within the time window specified. Try moving the Departure time forward 6-10 hours as this may expose R availability on more direct routes. If no R inventory is returned on CO then it just is not available for what was specified.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Aug 5, 2006 at 10:11 am
Old Aug 5, 2006, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update, EFV!
Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: CO OP Serf
E bucket?

Has anyone else noticed that the E fare bucket is showing up on Sabre:ITN now? I know that according to the most up to date info I've found on here that it is for non-Elite economy rewards. Anyone happen to know if they're changing the E bucket?

CO Insider, I'm looking at you.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 4:27 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by thenewflesh
Has anyone else noticed that the E fare bucket is showing up on Sabre:ITN now? I know that according to the most up to date info I've found on here that it is for non-Elite economy rewards. Anyone happen to know if they're changing the E bucket?

CO Insider, I'm looking at you.
There are no current plans to change the E bucket. E class will continue to be used for First/BusinessFirst class free ticket awards for non-Elites. If you can see E, this will be your indication that EN (used for Elites) is also available, since E is always a subset of EN.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 4:31 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by CO Insider
There are no current plans to change the E bucket. E class will continue to be used for First/BusinessFirst class free ticket awards for non-Elites. If you can see E, this will be your indication that EN (used for Elites) is also available, since E is always a subset of EN.
OT but when will Rev Mgmt release standard rewards? I'm held up in some reward travel for next year and the only thing CO lists is Easy Pass and I'm told that Rev Mgmt is still holding up releasing the new coded standard reward seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.