Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Grande Golf Villas, Phuket - Good Place for a Group of Ladies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

I belong to a Ladies travel group and we're planning a trip to Phuket using timeshares. We were pretty much set on the Marriott until someone spotted the 3 bdr Grande Golf Villas. Has anyone stayed in the timeshare section? I can only find a few references to the Golf Villas but there is not a lot of info from folks who have been there. Is it in a good location? Are the units as nice as they look? Any advice is appreciated.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're dirt cheap and the top room category. That'd be more than fine with me personally (I was looking at them when considering joining some friends on a trip, decided to plan a separate trip instead)

There are also some similar multi BR rooms at other properties in Thailand, if I remember correctly.

I thought there were a few people discussing them on one of the recent Thailand threads.. maybe not.

Also Tripadvisor MIGHT have something on them, probably not though.

EDIT - Sorry! I must have been remembering prices from some other property.. $945 was definitely not what I was thinking.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 27, 2006 at 10:17 pm
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

I did try TripAdvisor but only found a sentence or 2. Dirt Cheap? The website shows the rate at $945/night!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[marked for deletion]

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 27, 2006 at 10:16 pm
Old Jun 30, 2006, 3:04 pm
Yub

I am writing this from one of the Sheraton Grande Laguna Golf Villas. We checked in just about 13 hours ago.

We are extremely pleased with the golf villa. Having a private pool is very cool. There are two floorplans -- Baan Anchana and Baan Bangtao. Take a look at their website for more information on the golf villas and residences: http://www.sheraton.phuket.com/golf-...residences.htm. The general floorplan for the golf villas are at http://www.sheraton.phuket.com/plan-gvilla.htm.

Our villa has a king bed in the master bedroom. One bedroom has two twin beds, and the other has a queen bed. Downstairs, there is bedroom/study with a double-size sofa bed.

We walked down the street by other golf villas, and it appears that not all are owned by the Sheraton. Some appear to be private homes. One had a "For Rent" sign up in the front. The villa at the end of the street has flags indicating that it is the model home, so it appears that there are some are still available for sale.

We dropped off our luggage early in the day and went into town to do some shopping. When we returned, we were taken to the villa by the chief concierge, and all check-in tasks were done in the villa. Our luggage had already been delivered to the villa. The chief concierge has been very attentive to us and has really provided a very nice personal touch to the service here.

The villa is not on the grounds of the hotel, although it is located within the Laguna resort. It is not within convenient walking distance, but mountain bikes and helmets are provided with the villa. The Laguna resort also has convenient free shuttle service.

Other than dinner on the beach, we haven't ventured out around the resort to know if it is in a good location. However, there appears to be more to do and see at this resort compared to the Marriott. The Marriott itself is an excellent property and the service is wonderful, but there is nothing in the immediate area outside of the property. For more information on the Laguna resort, see http://www.lagunaphuket.com/.

The best deal that I could find for the golf villa is $369/night, and includes breakfast for up to 6 people and cocktails and hors d'oeuvres from 5:30 - 6:30 PM. The rate should be available on SPG.com under the "Great Deal" rate plan. The rack rate for the golf villa is something like $955/night, so this rate plan is better than using an SPG50 certificate.

We just finished 7 nights at the Marriott Phuket Beach Club, which we also enjoyed very much. The grounds and facilities are shared with the JW Marriott Hotel. Each Beach Club unit has two bedrooms, with a king bed in the master bedroom, and two doubles in the other bedroom. The beds at the Marriott are nicer than the beds at the Sheraton's golf villas. The golf villas do not have the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. Each Marriott unit has a washer and dryer, which is very convenient. The service at the Marriott was great. I think that you can get a rate of $169/night for the Marriott Beach Club.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Yub, thanks for all that great info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.