Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How BA 15 SIN-SYD tuned into EK 432 F class SIN-BNE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

How BA 15 SIN-SYD tuned into EK 432 F class SIN-BNE

Well for all of you FT out there.. Here is story for the best of you..

Last week, I was suppose to fly from SIN-SYD on BA 15. The flight was to leave SIN at 8:05PM. I was REALLY looking forward to flying FIRST on BA. HOWEVER, 20 minutes before the flight was to take off from gate C1 at SIN a voice came over the intercom that said:
" The number one engine is not working and this aircraft( B-747 ) is not going anywhere." The entire lounge bacame a mob scened as the gate agent stated that the only other flight to SYD was on SQ and in COACH only.
Not wanting to wait in line for untold number of hours... I headed up to the combined QF/BA lounge where I gave the attendant my boarding pass. Literally within 5 minutes the line was out the door with other first and business class passengers that needed to be re-routed to SYD. The attendant gave me the following option... take Emirates first class to BNE and QF from BNE-SYD in J class...

I ran to the "D" Transfer Desk where yet another line was in evidence. The EK flight left in 35 minutes from gate D32. I really felt very rushed.... but the desk was able to give me boarding passed for SIN-BNE . I rushed to gate D32 where the 777 was parked. I entered the flight to see a very comfortable first class section of 12 seats filling up. I had an aisle seat without someone sitting next to me. The FA began pouring arabic coffee and offered carrott juice or orange juice.. The trip was ready to begin.. Here is the menu

CANAPES
Selection of deep fried vegetable parcel, chicken thigh with tomato salsa, grilled beef brochette and seafood siw mai

APPETIZERS
Iranian Caviar
Prawn and Glass Noodle Salad
Roasted Beef Tendeloin with creamy mustard dressing

SOUP AND SALAD
ARABIC Lentil Soup
Salad with vinaigrette dressing

MAIN COURSE
Salmon Fillet Wellington
Thai Chicken Curry
Fettucini with Green Asparagus
Braised Lamb Shanks
All entrees were served form the trolley. We were all encouraged to take as much as possible. The food was sensational. All courses were accompanied by Dom Perignon.

DESSERTS
Almond and Cardamom Pudding
Natural Cappucino Ice Cream

CHEESEBOARD

FRUIT
Chocolates

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Juice
Appetizers
Fruit Yoghurt and Cereals

Cheese
Bread Basket

Tea and Coffee

Suffice to say the meal was incredible. The seats were the old style of first class seats. There were no sleeper suits given out but the amenity kits were excellent. This experience was an unexpected delight, despite all of the hastle in getting there. This was the first time that I have flown EK incidentally. Hopefully it will not be the last...
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Nice report! I'm glad you got such good resolution.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the report. ^ Glad you enjoyed EK F so much. I thought it was nothing in comparison to BA F.

Cheers
Old Apr 8, 2006, 4:48 pm

Thanks for the report.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I don't usually wish for mechanical cancellations on any of my flights, but if the "reward" were a First Class suite plus dinner on Emirates, I'd be praying for it! Thanks for the report. ^
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Very nice, glad you enjoyed the meal on EK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.