Luxury in the sky: Emirates F JFK-DXB on the A345

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury in the sky: Emirates F JFK-DXB on the A345

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
That food menu looks great! I will be taking the same aircraft next month on the much shorter ZRH-DXB flight and we will be in F.....I have a feeling I will wish the flight was much longer after reading your report!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
*sigh* LOVING this!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:43 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
For those wanting to experience the 345 in F, an inexpensive way is to buy an F ticket CMB-DXB-KIX. The RT is ~$1400 with the CMB-DXB vv segments in C. The DXB-KIX-DXB is 9/11 hours on the 345.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Savage25
For those wanting to experience the 345 in F, an inexpensive way is to buy an F ticket CMB-DXB-KIX. The RT is ~$1400 with the CMB-DXB vv segments in C. The DXB-KIX-DXB is 9/11 hours on the 345.
Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:29 am

Bring it on!!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:25 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Oh lala, reading the menu is mouthwatering.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Savage25
For those on an even smaller budget, who just want a little "teaser" , the A340-500 does the MEL-AKL-MEL and SYD-CHC-SYD routes daily, with some very attractive fares.

Cheers
Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Even better in the other direction
Old Mar 12, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Even better in the other direction

Just stepped off the plane EK JFK-DXB-DOH in F with around 80 pictures of the JFK-DXB flight. Since we left the darn cord at home...I'll be putting them up in about 8 days. Hopefully, SAN took some shots as her experience sounds wonderful.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
SD1k, this sounds absolutely wonderful - please post more! But then again... everytime I see that EK A345 at ZRH, it will make me feel so depressed not to board it...
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:35 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Wow, the menu seems to be fantastic. I am looking forward to the rest of the report.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Can you tell us what kind of prices you've found for these routes? I might be taking one of them in June anyway....
Thanks!

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
For those on an even smaller budget, who just want a little "teaser" , the A340-500 does the MEL-AKL-MEL and SYD-CHC-SYD routes daily, with some very attractive fares.

Cheers
Old Mar 12, 2006, 1:04 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

On the ground in DXB

Arrival in DXB
The F passengers deplaned from the front door, and were quickly on our way. It was a long hike to immigration, down halls and stairways. Immigration itself was a breeze; UAE doesn't require any kind of entry paperwork.

Once thru baggage claim, the office to meet the Emirates limo driver is to the right. First, I needed an ATM. Basically, I walked straight ahead and a bit to the left to the ATM - very convenient. My driver was ready as soon as I walked into the limo office, and I was whisked off to the Park Hyatt Dubai. It was a brief 10 minute drive.

I think that F passengers are entitled to limo delivery anywhere in the Kingdom. This would be a very comfortable way to get to somewhere more remote than Dubai. Also, the air ticket allows a stopover, and I would explore that if I had enough points for another trip. (I don't.) I had focused entirely on getting the JFK-DXB RT, but the ticket could be leveraged quite a bit more.

I had FFNs for the Hyatt, and was well pleased with my stay there.

Departure from Dubai
My limo pickup was scheduled for 6am from the Park Hyatt. The driver showed up about 20 minutes early, always reassuring for a person like me who is compulsively punctual. I was at the airport by 6am.

Emirates has a check in lounge specifically for business and first class passengers to JFK. It has an adjacent large check in area for business and first class to other points. I was quickly checked in and headed thru security to the lounge.

Dubai Emirates F Lounge
I was disappointed to find the F lounge subpar to the JFK lounge. It was smaller, had far more people using it, the food offerings were adequate for breakfast but so-so quality, and the internet was slow. There were just 5 terminals on the first floor. (I didn't make it to the 2nd floor, as I didn't feel like hauling my roller up the stairs.) I literally spent one hour trying to check in for my UA ps flight, JFK-LAX, with no success. Yet when I powered up my laptop, I could easily check in - little good that it did me, due to inability to print from it.

At the Gate
There was no special treatment for the premium classes at the gate. We formed one long queue to go thru security and x-rays again. Then we headed down the jetway together, before getting to turn off at the F entrance.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 1:58 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

First Class Menu: Dubai – New York

A la Carte Dining

Juice
Fruit Juices

Appetizers
Assorted Fruit
Of seasonal fruits

Yoghurt
Natural or fruit

Assorted Cereals

Entrees
Creamy Mushroom Omelette
Served with grilled beef tenderloin, fried potato wedges, baked beans, sautéed asparagus and cherry tomatoes

American Style Pan-Cakes
American style pan-cakes, served with apple and raisin compote, accompanied with grilled turkey bacon and maple syrup

Masala Fried Egg
Pan-fried masala egg, served on sautéed spinach, accompanied with potato baji, mushrooms and grilled tomato

Bread
Bread Basket
Selection of bread, croissants, bagels and donuts, served with butter and preservers

Cheese
Cold Breakfast Option
Your choice of cold breakfast will be smoked salmon bagel served with American cream cheese

Sandwiches and Snacks
A Selection of Sandwiches
A selection of sandwiches, which includes chicken tikka bake, spicy chilli beef quesadilla, Mediterranean baked vegetable sandwich

Hot snacks
Selection of hot snacks available at anytime

Lobster and Garden Vegetable Ragout
Lobster and garden vegetable ragout, topped with a pastry cover, served with assorted vegetables

Hot Open Face Steak Sandwich
Grilled short rib steak, served on farmhouse bread, topped with a cheese sauce, accompanied with sautéed mushrooms and grilled sweet corn

Seasonal Greens with Grilled Chicken
Fresh seasonal salad greens, topped with grilled Cajun chicken, tandoori prawns, served with a creamy Caesar dressing

Hors D’ouevres
Cocktails with Canapés
A selection of hot and cold canapés, which includes chicken sumac skewer, tulip dim sum, spinach sambousik, stuffed green olives with basil pesto and parmesan cheese

Iranian Caviar
Served with traditional accompaniments, including blini

Selection of Mezze
A traditional selection of Arabic mezze, which includes grilled halloumi cheese, hommous, Oriental salad, bamia bil zeit and lentil salad

Salmon Pastrami
Cured salmon pastrami, served with potato and egg salad marinated with dill and cucumber mayonnaise

Soup and Salad
Cheese and Tomato Soup
Cheese flavoured tomato soup, served with bread sticks and crème fraiche

Freshly prepared salad
Served with a creamy dressing, virgin olive oil, or balsamic vinaigrette

Entrees
Surf and Turf
Grilled beef tenderloin, lobster tail and scallops, served with a teriyaki ponzu sauce, accompanied with wasabe mashed potatoes and sautéed seasonal vegetables

Chorizo Crusted Veal
Chorizo crusted veal, served with caramelized shallots, accompanied with fondant potatoes and green asparagus

Fillet of Red Snapper
Coriander pan-seared red snapper fillet, served with a spicy fennel, endive and tomato compote, accompanied with saffron basmati rice and fresh curried vegetables

Chicken Breast
Your choice of a low calorie meal will be poached chicken breast, cooked in a double strength chicken stock, served with fine vegetable noodles

Vegetarian Entrees
Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini
Handmade pasta cases filled with spinach and ricotta, topped with a bell pepper cream coulis, served with grated parmesan

A la carte vegetables
Alternative choice of vegetables, which includes piped potatoes, saffron rice, broccoli and roasted pumpkin

Desserts
Mini Desserts
A selection of mini desserts, which includes orange filo pastry, cappuccino brownies, chocolate cream Black Forest

Chocolate and Banana Pudding
Baked chocolate and banana pudding, served with vanilla sauce

Petit Fours
Selection of petit four

Cheese
International Cheeseboard
International cheese selection, served with crackers, grapes and crudités

Fruits
Selection of Seasonal Fruits
Seasonal cut fresh fruits
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Wow. Sounds great so far! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.