Wiki Posts
Search

CX First Class Solo Trip TPE-HKG-NRT Excellent

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up CX First Class Solo Trip TPE-HKG-NRT Excellent

Hi all,

Here is the next report on CX’s First class service. Originally I planned to do a more comprehensive review of CX First class seat later when I am flying on CX 888/9 in March (award ticket… and I assume that the YVR transit time can be used doing a photo shoot). However, I was lucky enough to be the only F passenger on the next two flights, and the CX 504 daytime departure allows me better photo-taking opportunities. So I take advantage of it. So for the second link, you can see CX seats in all positions. The service was superb as I was the only one. The F/As were all friendly and helpful, and even got me lots of extra menus. The food was excellent and I like CX Kaiseki meal. I know it was possibly not too overly Japanese authentic, but the dishes are definitely designed with the typical Chinese folks in mind.

February 2, 2006
CX 451 TPE-HKG Lv2000 Arr2145 Boeing 747-400 B-HKF
Link:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8QbNHDNy5bsie

The inbound flight arrived early from NRT and boarding commenced at 7:25pm. The F/A immediately welcomed me and the newspapers were all there in the middle console, as well as a Chinese New Year Candy Lacquer Box. The F/A insisted me having some candies. Then I was offered a pre-takeoff beverage with a tray of warmed cashews. The F/As mingled with me a bit, as I was the only one. I remained at seat 1A and my entrée order was taken prior to takeoff.

We pushed back at 7:58pm and headed towards R/W6. We took off at 8:12pm and climbed towards 39,000feet. Due to the short flight, F/A served the appetizer after seat belt sign was turned off. Then more champagne for me! The appetizer was beautifully presented and the king prawn and smoked salmon worked great together. Then there was the entrée. I had the Abalone entrée, which consists of two crepes (made with egg whites and flours) filled with minced pork, and chopped abalone topped with a light sauce. It was very delicious and a perfect evening entrée. Followed the entrée, I could not resist the dessert, which was just decadent and sumptuous.

Wine List
Champagne
Cuvee William Deutz 1996

White Wines
Puligny Montrachet Les Grandes Marches 2002
Frankland River Chardonnay 2002

Red Wines
Chateau Branaire-Ducru 1998, 4eme Cru Classe
Carton Grand Cru Louis Max 1996
Tignanello 2000

Port
Ramos Pinto Quinto da Ervamoira 10 Years Old Tawny Port

Dinner
CX 451-1-5105F <FEB/MAR/APR>
Appetizer
Seared King Prawn with Smoked Salmon

Main Courses
Abalone Danities Coated with Crab Roe
Grilled Beef Fillet with Mixed Mushrooms served with Red Wine Cream sauce

Accompaniments
Roasted New Potato Wedges or Fried Rice Chiu Chow Style
Selection of Western or Oriental Vegetables

Dessert
Warm Rice Chocolate Pudding served with Vanilla sauce

Bread Basket
Tea and Coffee

Descent soon began at 9:05pm and this flight was definitely too short. We landed on R/W7L at 9:33pm and parked at gate 64, next to B-HUB heading to SFO.

February 3, 2006
CX 504 HKG-NRT Lv0910 Arr1355 Boeing 747-400 B-HOY Asia’s World City
A relatively early start, and back to the same gate, 64, in the morning. I used the Wing for a quick breakfast, but did not want to each too much, as I wanted to try out the Kaiseki meal.

Link:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8QbNHDNy5bsi8

Here is a list of planes for the morning:
CX 333 B-HLR to SYD in the morning, CX 343 B-HXE arriving from YYZ, SQ 744 9V-SPB as SQ 1/2, CX 744 B-HOP at gate 22, B-HOW at 62, CX 343 B-HXD heading to LHR as the first morning flight, and CX 333 B-HLW heading to NRT, and B-HQA 346 heading to JFK.

The flight was not full in any of the cabin classes as the Chinese New Year rush was over. Boarding began at 8:40am and pre-takeoff beverage was offered with a palte of Japanese mixed nuts and crackers. I had a glass of OJ as usual, while reading a number of Hong Kong papers. Perfect way to start your morning. Door was closed at 9am, and we pushed back fourteen minutes later, due to some traffic. It was the morning rush hour and after the SYD flight took off, we took our turn at R/W7R and lifted off at 9:36am. Flying time was a too quick three hours and ten minutes, with an initial attitude of 37,000feet, as we headed towards Taichung, and then 39,000feet, as we passed Kagoshima, Miyazaki and Mount Fuji. The service was impeccable and no one was rushing. I was offered ample amount of food and my champagne glass remained filled. The F/A team, Jun, Nori, and Cecillia, were exceptional and thanks to Nori for playing photographer role for a few minutes. The meal was excellent and you can tell from the pictures.

Brunch CX504-JAPF <FEB/MAR/APR>
Juice Selection

Appetizer
Seared Marguro, Japanese Tuna, Green Beans, Potatoes, and Californian Olives with Wasabi Mayonnaise

Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Soup served with Mini Garlic Baguette

Main Courses
Sauteed Shrimps and Jade Melon with Marinated Pork
Mini Glutinous Rice Dumpling and Assorted Dim Sum
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Natural Gravy

Accompaniments
Kipfler Potatoes or Egg Fried Rice with Spring Onion
Selection of Western or Oriental Vegetables

Cheese and Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Dessert
Apple Cinnamon Crumble served with Ice Cream

Bread Basket
Assorted Bread and Rolls

Tea and Coffee
Pralines

Japanese Meal
Cathay Pacific is pleased to offer a Seasonal Japanese meal, in traditional Kaiseki Style, as an alternative choice.

Canapes
Sweet Broad Beans
Shrimp and Eel Roll Skewer
Braised Fish wrapped with Lotus Root
Egg Sheet rolled with Squid and Salmon

Liqeur
Choya Ume Liqueur

Appetizer
Sliced Salmon Belly
Ice Fish with Wasabi Taste
Sillago Fillet
The salmon was delicious, as well as other fish.

Clear Soup
Fish Ball with Bamboo Shoot
Soaked Wakame Seaweed
Lily Bulk Shaped in Cherry Blossom Petals
Kinome
I love the soup course…

Braised Dish
Pumpkin Cake
Chicken meat with Tasty Sauce
Braised Carrot Cherry Blossom Petal
Bracken Head
Rape Blossoms
Bamboo Shoot

Hot Dish
Baked Seafood with Mayonnaise Sauce
Seabass, scallop, and king prawn were featured.

Vinegar Dish
Assorted Shell meat with Tasazu Vinegar Sauce

Noodles
Cherry Leaf Noodle and White Buckwheat Noodle

Rice Dish
Steamed Rice
Miso Soup

Assorted Pickles
Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Beverage
Mango, melon, cantaloupe and strawberry

After the meal, I watched Kath and Kim again, and we began our decent at 12:21pm HK time/1:21pm Tokyo time. We landed on R/W34L at 1:46pm and parked at gate 14 a few minutes later. Due to long transit time, here is the list of planes spotted!

N670US NW 744 to DTW
N856NW NW A332 to SFO
N549US NW 757
AZ 772 EI-DBK
N858NW A332 heading to SEA
N855NW heading to PDX
BA 744 G-BNLA delayed flight to LHR
KE 772 HL7574 to LAX
NW 332 N852NW heading to PEK
SQ 744 9V-SPI heading to SIN SQ 11
CX 744 B-HUJ from TPE and to HKG as CX 450 and 505

Carfield
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:37 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Thanks for your report + great pictures.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: some
woaw, I'm jealous ;-)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Very impressive wines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.