Search

VS LHR-LAX Upper Class Short but suite report

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

VS LHR-LAX Upper Class Short but suite report

Virgin Atlantic trip report VS 007 Jan 28, 2008

Arrival
I Stayed overnight at the Berekely Hotel in London. Had a wonderful night there after having dinner with SanDiego 1K at Rules restaurant in London. Terminal 3 was especially busy this Saturday morning. Check in was in area A, where the Upper Class line was quite short. Then took escalator upstairs where I went to the fabulous CLUBHOUSE. This is an experience that every FT should have. The food options are fabulous; the treatment is great as well. I had an order of Eggs Benedict, mango yogurt and a diet coke. The bar was open and there were quite a few people drinking wine and champagne at 9 AM. One interesting comment. In March I will be taking VS 24 and have a 6 hour layover before taking a Jet Airways flight to Mumbai. I asked and was given permission to use the CLUBHOUSE during my layover at Heathrow. The staff could not have been nicer. They arranged for my name to be put on a guest list which will allow me to use the lounge. Great service.. Too bad I did not have a later flight as the lunch and dinner menu in the club looked absolutely fantastic. I am surprised that people can eat onboard after the incredible amount of food that was offered here. Incidentally, there was a sauna and whirlpool that was offered. I plan to take advantage of this during my long layover in March.

Departure
Our gate was 32, and our aircraft was an airbus 343-600. This aircraft was equipped with the upper class suite product. I have not flown Virgin in 6 years. What an improvement these suites are to the 2 by 2 seating. First impressions of the suite were good. I was in seat 2K which THE SEAT GURU said was an excellent seat. And they were right. A private area and a unique area to the right for some storage. As many have said before, the suite is great, but a bit small compared to the BA or CX first class suite. Upon arrival at the suite I was immediately offered a beverage of my choice.. Anything I wanted.. All beverages were served in real glasses. The entire section was filled as well. One other comment. The bar area was small, but fully stocked.

Menu
Your favorite drink with some crisps..

STARTERS
Seasoned leaf salad with marinated chicken fillets, Mozzarella and tomato and pesto dressing
Organic cream of broccoli and Stilton soup with a choice of warm breads

MAIN COURSES
Lamb and mint steamed suet pudding with crushed potatoes with leek, roasted shallots, parsnips, carrots and traditional rich gravy
Grilled salmon and hake served with seafood paella, grilled asparagus and lemon and caper butter sauce
Vegetable and ricotta vol-au-vent served with orzo pasta, sun-dried tomatoes and tomato cumin sauce

CHEESE
DESSERT
Chocolate bread and butter pudding served with champagne clotted cream
Vanilla Ice Cream served with winter berry compote

SMALLER BITES
Huomous and roasted vegetable wrap
Bacon, shallot and parmesan twice baked potato
Chicken and mushroom pie

AFTERNOON TEA
Selection of parmesan roll with buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil and sundried tomatoes and poppyseed baton roll with smoked salmon, red onion and watercress
Mixed fruit scone served with strawberry jam and clotted cream
Your choice from the cake stand strawberry tart, chocolate and toffee cheesecake and coffee éclair

CHAMPAGNE
Laurent Perrier Brut

This menu is actually more like a first class, than a business class menu.

Entertainment was VPORT with AVOD and an incredible amount of movie and TV selections.
I was able to watch FLIGHTPLAN and MRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS….great way to spend a transatlantic flight. The suite bed was very comfortable..complete with duvet. All in all, a very good experience.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:52 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm glad to hear the trip was great. It disappoints me all the more that just as I got sufficient Delta points to redeem on VS, VS withdrew from their program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.