Search

LAX-DFW-LGW first and business on AA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

LAX-DFW-LGW first and business on AA

LAX-DFW-LGW AA First and Business Class

Intro
This trip was booked in July when AA had a brief Biz fare sale to London for $2112 RT from LAX-LGW or LHR in business class. Originally I booked a ticket from LAX-DFW-LGW on a combination of a 767-300 domestically and a 777 transatlantic. But when I read all of the positive comments about the 767 versus 777 in business class I tried to get on the ONE DFW-LGW flight on the 767. However it was booked solid. But true to their form the fabulous AA exec desk was able to get me a business class seat on the transatlantic portion of the trip on the 767. But here is the most “unbelievable part of the story. The special biz fare in class I required a Saturday night stay. When I told them that I really needed to get back to LA on Saturday and not Sunday, the EXP desk was able to do a REISSUE with NO penalty charged. If any of the wonderful FT out there, please send me a private email for more “details”. It is for extraordinary feats like this that I will always be loyal to AA. The EXEC desk is fabulous. I will always remember this.

LAX-DFW AA 2416 Seat 3G first class

Arrival
I arrived at the Exec desk early and for those of you not familiar with AA at LAX, there is a dedicated check in line for EXEC Plat and Airpass members. Took a total of 5 minutes for check in and then to the great LAX FLAGSHIP LOUNGE. I am a Qantas Platinum member and as such I get access to the FLAGSHIP lounge no matter where I fly to from LAX on AA.. The breakfast spread was wonderful including bagels, English muffins , fresh fruit, cereal, croissants, and of course an open bar including Moet Chandon Champagne.
I tried to get on the earlier flight to DFW but it was no go. But it was great just to wait in the FLAGSHIP lounge looking over the tarmac.
Boarding was at gate 49 A and our 767-300 was waiting. As I settled into seat 3G, we were told the flying time was 2 hours and 29 minutes. I had begun my “trek” with a apple juice…… Breakfast was a choice of egg quesadilla or a cereal. I chose the cereal which was served with a banana and raspberries. This was served with a choice with bagels or muffins. I had a decaf coffee and before too long the flight was over and we were parked at gate A 26.

DFW-LGW
I arrived and quickly went to the Admirals club which was located by gate A24. The showers were excellent incidentally. Unfortunately there were no FLAGSHIP lounges here which is quite surprising given that DFW is Americans hub. But AA 80 was parked at gate A29 so the walk was minimal. Great and convenient. So I was able to board and my seat 5G was waiting. The entire flight was totally unlike any 777 business class flight that I have been on. The seat pitch was excellent, the amenity kits waiting us at the seat, and the menus were at our seat. The menus were MUCH more extended than the business class 777 is. The menu for today’s selection is…

Warm mixed nuts or mixed olives

Seafood Appetizer
Smoked Salmon, Maine Lobster, and Herb-Marinated Shrimp

Salad
Fresh seasonal Greens with Roma Tomatoes, English Cucumbers, grilled Asparagus, Olives and shaved carrots offered with creamy Caesar Dressing or Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

Bread Basket

Entrees
A Signature Dish by Stephan Piles: COWBOY STEAK
Cowboy Beef Fillet featured with Red Chili Onions accompanied by Corn Bean Ragout

Lamb Shank
Lamb Shank enhanced by an Ale tomato Sauce, offered with Mushroom Risotto, Butternut Squash and Haricots Verts

Chicken Madeira
Herb Chicken accented by a Madeira Demi-Glace, served with Potato Cheddar Gratin, Eggplant Confit and sautéed mixed vegetables.

Pumpkin Ravioli
Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce and a Walnut Crumb Topping

THE CHEESE and DESSERT CART
Caciotta and Cheddar Cheese presented with seasonal Grapes and dried Apricots
Ice Cream Sundaes or Frangelico Poached Pears in Pecan Crust
This menu was incredible as it was business class and not first class.
Individual DVDs were handed out to everyone in business class. These sets are the same that are handed out to the Premium class passengers on AA transcons.
Breakfast included a choice of juices, fruits, Cream Cheese and Chive Omelette, yogurt, cereal , and breakfast breads.
Overall a very impressive flight. If AA flew 763 from LAX I would take it… Until next time
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:43 pm

thanks for your report; the menu choices sound like the new enhAAncements announced in AA's press release earlier this month.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Nice concise report, but if there's ever any question as to why US airlines are struggling to make any money just now, this sort of scenario should answer it - that's something like $5k worth of revenue that AA failed to collect, no!?

Originally Posted by RTW4
But here is the most “unbelievable part of the story. The special biz fare in class I required a Saturday night stay. When I told them that I really needed to get back to LA on Saturday and not Sunday, the EXP desk was able to do a REISSUE with NO penalty charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.