Wiki Posts
Search

Lax-hkg First Class on CX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Lax-hkg First Class on CX

CX 885 First Class LAX – HKG August 6, 2005

I arrived at the LAX AIRPORT at 11:30 AM for a 1:30 PM flight. I have never seen such a crowded terminal on a Saturday afternoon. There were more people than the eye could see. I checked in to the first class line and was given a pass to the Cathay first class LA lounge. After security I went to the fifth floor where I was led to the Qantas and British business class lounge which acted as the CX first class lounge. The food selections were in one word pathetic I would think that CX would want to have a better food selection in a city that has 3 non stop first class flights to HKG daily! No Internet set up either. Oh well..

Boarding
Since I have traveled many times from HKG-LAX on CX flights in first, I was surprised to see the chaos that was associated with the boarding process. All first and business class passengers were required to stand in line for 15 minutes before actual boarding as the CX staff went through our passport info.. NO problem here.. but then we stood in line for another 10 minutes waiting for boarding to begin. But we soon boarded and passed through the business class section. I must say that although the C class section looks wonderful, when I passed into the first class cabin to be seat 2K, I was in heaven . It truly is an oasis.

Before takeoff
Immediately upon arriving at my seat I was offered a plate of cold scallops with mango sauce. Fabulous. Only orange juice, water, or champagne was offered. I could not get a ginger ale before we took off. But the staff were so wonderful that I really could not care about the actual drink as the treatment was absolutely royal when I sat down.. Truly wonderful.

Menu Transcript

Caviar and Fine Fish Delight
Caviar and Fine Smoked Fish with Warm New Potatoes and Crčme Fraiche

Soup
Sweet Corn Chowder served with Cheese Straws

Salad
Caesar Salad

Main Courses
Broiled Lobster with Clarified Butter Fingerling Potatoes and Baby Vegetables
Soy-marinated Chicken Braised with Abalone in Broad Bean Sauce, steamed rice and Chinese green
Roast Lamb Rack with Ginger Lemongrass Crust Creamy Polenta and Seasonal Baby Vegetables
Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli with Portabello Mushroom and Herb Sauce

Cheese Board

Dessert Selection
Vanilla Ice Cream
Double Milk Custard with Ginger
Baked Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce

Bread Basket
Assorted Bread and Rolls

Tea and Coffee

SNACK
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Celery and Blue Cheese Dressing
Noodles in Soup with Wontons and Shui Gaw
Abalone and Mushroom Congee
Rice with Minced Port Patty with Chunky
Black Mushroom in Hot Pot served with
Daily Soup
Ice Cream

REFRESHMENT
Appetizer
Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Main Courses
Broiled New York Steak with Garlic Butter Mashed Red Skin Potatoes and Sauteed Vegetables
Prawn Butterfly wrapped with Bean Curd Skin Egg Fried Rice and Shanghai Pak Choy
Dungeuness Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce and Mesculin Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Dressing

Dessert
Fresh Fruit Flan
Bread Basket

Tea and Coffee

Champagne was Krug and it was flowing…There were 8 out of 12 seats that were occupied and by the time the caviar was served there were two Krug bottles opened…one for each side of the aircraft..
The IFE on this flight was excellent. I saw THE INTERPRETER, as well as a fabulous movie about Ballroom dancing in the New York City school system. I really appreciate AVOD so much more that the traditional cycle of movies that many airlines today show. I hope that you enjoyed this short trip report….
Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for sharing! I took this flight in Y three weeks ago and many passengers had empty seats next to themselves including myself that we were able to lay down alot during the flight. Also from what I have read on another thread as well as what others have said regarding this flight, CX isn't really filling up the seats in the Y cabin.

Lucky you. Three weeks ago, we had to take the long bus ride from the TBIT to the aircraft parked at a remote stand for this flight because gate spaces were limited.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:22 am

Thank you for the report, i am looking foward to my CX F flight in March from JFK to HkG
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the report, a very interesting read

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.