Search

Lax-jfk Aa 40 Fist Class

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Lax-jfk Aa 40 Fist Class

AA FIRST CLASS LAX-JFK

Arrival
I arrived at LAX for the 11:30 AM departure time and between the dedicated EXP line and the quick security line, I was in the Admirals Club in 20 minutes from check in. Now for those of you not familiar with the LAX first class section of the AC it is sensational. For a mid morning snack, not only was there a collection of fruit and pastries, but there was smoked salmon, sour cream, capers, and of course an open bar…The view of the tarmac is also wonderful. The 1PM Qantas flight and the 12:30 PM AA LAX-NRT were close to my departure so there was a nice crowd in the lounge.

Boarding
AA 40 is usually at the same gate as the incoming flight from JFK ( AA 201 ), and today was no exception. As I arrived at gate 46 A, boarding had already commenced. The plane, of course, was a 767-200 three class of service. My seat was 2D . Incidentally, this is part of a first class ticket that originated in London. So this flight was to land at JFK at 7:50 PM and I plan to catch AA 132 from JFK-LHR at 9:30 PM. The first class section had 8/9 seats taken. I love seat 2D as it is the only solo seat on the plane, and it is great for privacy.

FLIGHT
The flight left the gate at exactly 11:30 AM. Flying time was 4 hours and 55 minutes. We were airborne shortly and menus were passed out.

LUNCH
To Start
Warm mixed nuts or fresh Vegetables and Dip to accompany your preferred cocktail or beverage

The Salad Cart
Seasonal mixed Greens with cracked black pepper and romano cheese dressing or orange balsamic vinaigrette
Thinly sliced smoked Salmon with Lemon Wedges
Spicy Mustard Chicken
Cherry Tomato and Haricots Verts Romano Salad

Bread Basket

Entrees
Mango-Cilantro Chicken
Grilled Chicken Breast flavored with a Mango-Cilantro Marinade presented with fresh Asparagus Tips and Sweet Potato

Lobster Corn Bisque
Puff Pastry Crescent over juicy pieces of sautéed Lobster Tail with Tarragon, Corn and Onions

Wild Mushroom Cannelloni
Wil Mushrooms and Cheese-filled Pasta offered with a light Tomato Cream Sauce

The Dessert Cart
Brownie Cheesecake
Or
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with a choice of Hot Fudge, Butterscotch or seasonal Fruit Toppings and fresh Whipped Cream

Cordials

Todays sparking wine is DOMAINE CHANDON

I had the salad with both dressings and really loved it. I also had the Mango chicken . AA’s transcon flagship service is really still IMHO the best way to travel across the country. I should also mention that individual DVD players were given to each passenger. Movie titles included Casablanca, Die another Day, The Bridge over the River Kwai and The Motorcycle Diaries. Great entertainment this month.

Until next time…..
Old May 27, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Sounds very nice. I cant help but wonder how AA compares to UA ps flights. I know they have received good reviews here on FT but have no idea how they compare.
Old May 30, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Nice report ... although, juvenile as I am, I must confess that I only read it because of the titillating typo in the title - I thought the contents were going to be worthy of the infamous GLBT 'Crusing on Flights' thread!
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:13 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by RTW4
AA FIRST CLASS LAX-JFK
Arrival
I arrived at LAX for the 11:30 AM departure time and between the dedicated EXP line and the quick security line, I was in the Admirals Club in 20 minutes from check in. Now for those of you not familiar with the LAX first class section of the AC it is sensational. For a mid morning snack, not only was there a collection of fruit and pastries, but there was smoked salmon, sour cream, capers, and of course an open bar…The view of the tarmac is also wonderful. …..
The LAX FL normally also has sushi available along with udon noodles, and these are quite good (replaced by croissant sandwiches after 1pm). The bar stocks JW Gold and Moet White Star (so you could have had a Moet/Chandon tasting between the lounge and the flight). Also noteworthy is a cappucino machine with perhaps the best coffee you can get in any airport in the US (when it is working right). The lounge also has a full set of showers, for those who stayed up all night partying in LA (or have just arrived from Australia on QF).
The EXP line at LAX is quite a revelation, often there are 50 people in the F line, and 1 in the EXP line -- a huge benefit to have that EXP line, wish AA did this at more airports (ORD has one too, but it is well hidden and a bit busier).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.