Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-FRA LH first class March 2, 2005

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

LAX-FRA LH first class March 2, 2005

Arrival
This ticket was the second part of the ticket that I had which was a Star Alliance partner award ticket. I arrived at LAX at 12 NOON for the 2:40PM departure. TBIT was a zoo. But there was no line for first class check in at Lufthansa. I checked in quickly but had to ask if there was a lounge to relax in. No passes were given to me. I headed through security and was absolutely shocked and dismayed at the lounge facilities for LH first class travellers.

Lounge
LH uses the Air France lounge on the 5th floor of the TBIT. Upon arrival I saw the attendant who checked me in and told me to have a seat. I was a bit hungry but there were only cookies cheese and crackers. I would advise any passenger to grab some lunch before you head on up to the lounge. There was NO wireless internet access, the lounge was very noisy, and a very upsetting event followed. I saw the attendant with a large tray of sandwiches, partaking and then telling the passengers THE SANDWICHES WERE NOT for LH passengers! I was apalled, but what could I do. It seemed to me to be VERY unprofessional

Boarding
LH boarding was fine. First and business class passengers were allowed on the plane first. Business class was located on the lower deck, and first class was located on the upper deck. There were a total of 16 seats with 12 seats being occupied. I had seat 83C which was wonderful. The space between seats was wonderful . Immediately upon boarding we were given macadamia nuts and a drink ( in real crystal ) of our choice. The entire bar was open. I had a ginger ale and my seatmake began her wine tasting. ( She had so many different glasses of wine ,I stopped counting. ) Menus were handed out. Here is the menu transcript.

Menu

Hors d'oeuvre from the Appetizer Cart
Caviar with Corn Cakes and the traditional Garnishes
Parma Ham with shaved Parmesan
Grilled Salmon with Dill Vinaigrette sauteed Shiitake Mushroom and Asparagus
Roasted Vegetable Salad with Scallions
Tomato Mozarella Salad

Salad
Mesclun Mix with yellow Tomatoes and Beets and Garlic Red Wine Vinaigrette or creamy French Dressing
Bread, Rolls, Toast and Butter

Entrees
Braised Beef Short Ribs au Jus roasted vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes
Trout offered with Butter Sauce accompanied by seared Potatoes and Spinach
Herbed Chicken provencale offered with Tomato Olive Ragout, Risotto and Squash Spaghetti
Vegetable Cannelloi with Bell Pepper Sauce and Fennel Corn Medley

Cheese and Dessert
International Cheese
Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Waffles
Raspberry Sorbet

Coffee, Cappuccino, Espresso, and Tea

Specialty Dessert Wines

BREAKFAST BUFFET
Freshly sqeezed Orange Juice
Non fat Yogurt, Musli, Cereal and Milk
Bread, Rolls, Bagels, Croissants and Muffins with Butter, Preserves and Honey
A variety of cold Breakfast specialties featuring smoked Salmon, Ham, Turkey Breast, Salami, Cheddar Emmental and Brie Cheese

Entree
Scrambled Eggs will be freshly prepared upon your request accompanied by your choice of Bacon or Chives

CHAMPAGNE
1997 Comtes de Champagne, Champagne Taittinger, Frankreich

Entertainment
The IFE was OK. There were choices of 15 videos and a couple of movies on the screen. It was adequte but NO comparison to BA, CX, SQ, IMHO

The flight itself was excellent. The food was fantastic. What is incredible is that the appetizer cart including the caviar was passed around not once, not twice, but three times. I was so full that I almost could not eat dinner. Incidentally, I think that corn cakes are very good with caviar and sour cream. The trout was rich and delicious. The flight attendants were wonderful and they were very attentive. Until next time......
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Reminds me of my SQ trip in Raffles last summer. I had 'tastes' of the various wines they were offering. But after all was said and done, I stuck with the Sparkling French stuff.

A close 2nd was the Singapore Sling.

Nice report.

Dan
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:11 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by RTW4
What is incredible is that the appetizer cart including the caviar was passed around not once, not twice, but three times.
This is a Lufthansa tradition ... the caviar always comes around twice, and often 3 times (they open more tins if they have to). However the caviar is no longer very good quality (not as good as served by CX for example, or what you would buy at Caviar House).
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:44 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
RTW4

Thanks for the trip report and especially the menu...it was interesting to compare it to my LH FC ORD-MUC trip in January. And yes sir, bring that appetizer cart around twice ^ .

I have enough US miles left for one more FC trip on a *Alliance carrier...LH was so wonderful I think I'll need to burn the rest of them on as much LH FC flying as possible.

I need to learn from your brevity...my recent trip report says about what you say but I take much longer to do it .

MWP
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by RTW4
Lounge
LH uses the Air France lounge on the 5th floor of the TBIT. Upon arrival I saw the attendant who checked me in and told me to have a seat. I was a bit hungry but there were only cookies cheese and crackers. I would advise any passenger to grab some lunch before you head on up to the lounge. There was NO wireless internet access, the lounge was very noisy, and a very upsetting event followed. I saw the attendant with a large tray of sandwiches, partaking and then telling the passengers THE SANDWICHES WERE NOT for LH passengers! I was apalled, but what could I do. It seemed to me to be VERY unprofessional
You know besides the LH lounge, there are are many other *A lounges you can use in TBIT besides LH with your F class ticket, like NH and SQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.