Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-OAK-HA-NGO-TPE-HKG on CO,EG,CX,UA,AQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Smile LAX-OAK-HA-NGO-TPE-HKG on CO,EG,CX,UA,AQ

Dear all,

Happy Holidays… here is my Christmas trip report, which will involve a report on Aloha, Cathay Pacific, Continental, and Japan Asia Airways. The highlight is definitely the brand new Honolulu to Nagoya service on Continental. I got a nice Z fare from CO with a next day connection to TPE on EG the next day.

December 24, 2004
UA 6504 Operated by Skywest LAX-OAK Lv0852 Arr1016 CRJ-200 N969SQ/7876
Well due to last minute changes, I have to stopover at LA for personal business, so I flew a rather odd routing. I had an AQ ticket and still wanted to fly AQ, so instead of flying the new Reno flight, I flew out of the boring Oakland but flying via Kona. In order to get to OAK, I flew UA into OAK and still tried to avoid WN at any costs. The line at LAX in T1 was nothing but horrific. I would not fly out on WN from LAX unless it was off-peak or LAX decided to give them a larger terminal and more space for offloading. The line for security was into half way between T1 and T2 at 6:45am. But one thing for sure – WN is definitely a profitable airline. After dropping off my cousin at Terminal 5, I headed to T6. The agent was okay – checked me in and my bags… all properly tagged with priority tags, and did not say a word about the slightly heavy suitcases (54lbs). Security line was surprisingly easy for Premier members, but the general line was rather long. Boarding began at 8:39pm at gate 80, and my boarding pass was rejected, as I was given a new seat assignment. I asked the gate agent why I lost my nice exit row seat and she then babbled something about a child traveling in exit row (which was not allowed). She asked if it was a problem and I wanted to say yes. Of course, it was Christmas Eve and I decided to take up this issue with the customer service apartment. Why would they think it is okay to move a Premier executive from his priced window exit row seat, and instead placed a couple with no status there? Yes, their children sat in front of them, but there were some solo travelers around the cabin. The gate agent should have asked for my permission first. I normally would not say no, but I was offended by this assumption. What is “courtesy”? Well I bitterly got to my 9D and jealously looked at the extra inch of legroom in the row in front of me. Push back occurred at 9am and we took off from R/W25R at 9:18am. Flying time was fifty-five minutes with a cruising attitude of 28,000feet. Thankfully, I was flying Skywest, not Mesa today, and the cabin service was so much better – a full beverage service with holiday biscoff and most importantly, a nice smile. A nice scenic ride up the coast! I still did not understand why Mesa could not carry out a full beverage service on a similar fifty minutes flight between San Jose and LAX. Our flight was full too. Descent began at 9:55am and we landed on R/W13 at 10:13am and parked at gate 7 shortly after.

AQ 477 OAK-KOA Lv1215 Arr1545 Boeing 737-700 N742AL with winglet
Photo link:
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...1&sort_order=0

I picked up my bags from UA bag claim and headed to AQ check in counters. (Yes I did not check through my bags because I felt uneasy about check through my bags on such a complicated itinerary, and there was ample connection time). No one was in line and I did not use the kiosk. A not so happy agent checked me in, tagged my bags (but no priority tags), and hurried me off. Today’s Aloha flight was definitely not its best from check-in to the flight itself. I was a bit disappointed to be sure. First, I could not even find a spot at OAK to do some works and the laptop lane decided to close this morning, rather than earning some more bucks. Then I sat at a seat after a nearby Jetblue flight started to board. Jetblue was certainly doing well with a full load to NYC and the agent was joking with passengers. Well our flight began boarding around 11:50am, and the load in F and Y was relatively low. F had nine passengers and I got both seat 1A and C to myself, which was nice. A pre-takeoff beverage of juice, Mai Tai, and water was offered, as well as headset and newspapers (SF Chronicles, and Wall Street Journal)… I was surprised at the newspapers offerings. Door was closed at 12:09pm, and we pushed back at 12:12pm, and took off from R/W29 at 12:20pm. Flying time was four hours and fifty-one minutes with a cruising attitude of 37,000feet.

Aloha staffed four F/As on each flight – two in front and two in back. For some reasons, the F/As in F decided that they were more into chatting, rather than starting the service. It took almost a full fifty minutes before hot towels were passed out, and beverage was served with macadamia nuts. Y cabin had already gotten their first beverage service twenty minutes after takeoff. There was no turbulence at all, but I found it to be totally not “Aloha” at all. Well the second bad news was no paper menus today, only photocopied menus. Anyway, the meals fortunately retained the high standard. Here was the wine list and full menu transcript:

Wines from the Pacific Rim
Expressive and Elegant
Domaine Chandon Brut Classic
Nothing elegant about a cheap American sparkling wine
Classically Crafted
Ferrari-Crano Alexander Valley Chardonnay

Intensely Flavourful
Villa Maria Private Bin Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

Plush and Enticing
Beringer Napa Valley Merlot

Soft and Silky
Hogue Genesis Syrah

A Taste of the Islands
Lunch
Tropical Tending
Hearts of Palm, Avocado, Oranges, Tomatoes and Cucumbers on Mesclun Lettuce Mix with Citrus Black Pepper Vinaigrette
A nice salad served with a honey wheat roll but lacked some seafood or meat toppings that usually came with appetizer

Paradise Found
Shrimp and Scallop Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread Bowl
The chowder was flavorful and the bread bowl survived the oven. The chowder was filled with generous amounts of shrimps and scallops. Scallops retained tender (not overcooked) and an excellent creation…
Or
Roasted Jambalaya Chicken Roll on Saffron Rice, Roasted Tomato Olive Ragout

Island Dessert
Aloha’s Signature Dessert
Premium Ice Cream with your choice of toppings
Vanilla ice cream with the usual hot fudge and chopped macadamia nuts

For economy cabin, the dinner choices were penne pasta with meatballs or chicken with fried rice. After dinner was served, the movie, Princess Diaries II: The Royal Engagement was shown, but surprisingly, no Hawaiian promotions or infomercials were shown. Chocolate chip cookies and milk arrived after movie was shown. Soon descent began at 4:40pm, as well as another round of hot towels. We landed on R/W17 at 3:11pm, and parked at gate 3 a few minutes later. Kona runway was very interesting because it was surrounded with lava rocks. The airport was not busy at all, but a several AQ’s 737 Classics, Dash-8, and HA’s Boeing 717s, plus an odd United Boeing 757. However the airport was nice enough to stay outside. The air was fresh and was already in holiday spirits. The agent suggested me to take the earlier 4pm flight, but my bags would not make it. However, he was pretty sure that they would be there. Looking at the size of the airport – I knew there were no problems. For the next flight, it was a typical Inter-Island flight with an Aloha’s one class Boeing 737-200 N824AL. I had seat 8A and the middle seat was not filled. The service was a choice of guava juice, coke, diet coke, water, beer and wine ($5). When I arrived at the baggage claim, I was shocked to see my bags already on the side. Then I looked at my schedule, and there was a 3:55pm flight to HNL on Island Air’s Dash-8. I was surprised that they would put my bag over there.

I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which was a huge complex for three nights. I took the FT advice to dine at the Wikiki Prince Hotel and the buffet was not a disappointment – with nice tuna sashimi, crab legs, and various hot foods. The roast pork was delicious and matched the Cantonese standard. I also took the Robert’s Hawaii “Star and Stripe” tour. I admitted that I was in my best physical condition, as I vomited the night before and barely had four hours of sleep. The tour was very detailed and I would not recommend to anyone unless you are really into the Battlefield Missouri exhibit and expected someone to describe every single detail about the ship and/or really want to see the captain’s deck or combat control center (only exclusive to Robert’s Hawaii). The National cemetery tour was nice though, the lookout was amazing and also the memorial itself. But I only recommend it if you are really into history, or it will be a long dragged out affair. Well the weather was fine for the few days, until the last day.

December 27, 2004
CO 905 HNL-NGO Lv1415 Arr1845+1 Boeing 767-400 N67052 “052”
The day at Honolulu started with a relatively smooth bus ride on a rainy day at Oahu. We arrived at the airport around 12:35pm, and proceeded to the Continental’s check-in. First the bags went through agricultural check, and then headed to check-in counter. Due to a connecting EG flight, the ticket is a rare CO’s paper ticket. Possibly one of the last paper tickets issued by Continental… since it will go all e-ticket next year. The agent checked me in within minutes and I got my boarding pass, and headed to the President’s Club. The elite access line is available at HNL airport, but not sure if really saves that much time. The President’s Club was okay with a Hawaiian décor and the lounge was not too crowded on a Monday. I got a seat and took advantage of the usual open non-alcoholic and alcoholic bars, as well as the usual fruit (pineapple & grapes), cheese, crackers, harvest mix, and Lay’s BBQ chips buffet. The lounge was rather dark but it is fine for a short wait. Due to the rain, I did not enjoy the open-air layout especially you got sprayed by rain on your walk towards the Central Concourse. Gate 15 was our gate this afternoon. I spotted an Air Canada’s Boeing 767-200 C-FEBF, the usual array of Northwest’s DC-10s and newly addition Boeing 757-300, American’s Boeing 767-300s, United’s Boeing 767-300s, and ATA’s Boeing 757-300s.

The boarding gate was distinctly filled with Japanese passengers heading to Nagoya and I see no Caucasian at all. Real boarding did not begin till 2pm, but door was closed at 2:16pm. The loading was rather disappointing… only about 20 passengers in BF, but I am fine because I get to move to a pair of seats in mid-cabin. There was a pre-takeoff beverage but no alcohol till after takeoff. The F/As immediately came with amenity kits, a copy of private screening, and headsets. No slippers… Then it came the newspapers cart – mostly Japanese newspapers with USA Today. We pushed back three minutes later, and headed towards the Reef runway – R/W8R. After a couple of fighters took off, we lifted off from a cloudy HNL at 2:39pm with two Hawaiian Boeing 767s following (N593HA and N580HA). Flying time was scheduled to be eight hours and fifty-five minutes. Routing took us towards Lihue, Kauai, and then towards the Pacific Ocean. We started at 30,000feet, and then climbed towards 32,000feet after three hours. Around 9:24pm HST, we climbed further to 34,000feet, and then descent towards 26,000feet as we approached the Japanese coast, and then onto Yokohama and then Shizuoka and then descent into Nagoya. We hit chops a couple of times, but nothing too serious.

Seat belt sign was turned off at 3:19pm as the beverage and lunch service took place. Menus were passed out after takeoff and I was looking forward to the legendary BF service. However, I was disappointed that not the full international BF affair was offered but the tuned down Continental Micronesia service. There was no appetizer cart, individual salad cart, and separate cheese, fruit, and dessert service (dessert came in one single trolley). There is no wine list, but here is the menu:

To Begin:
Warm roasted nuts and Japanese snack mix served with your preferred beverage or cocktail

Appetizer Salad
Mixed greens including radicchio, romaine and hearts of Boston lettuce, with red bell pepper, a black Kalamata olive and crumbled feta cheese topped with smoked, peppered Atlantic salmon and salmon roulade with cream cheese
Offered with your choice of Trader Vic’s Japanese vinaigrette or Parmesan peppercorn dressing
Freshly baked sourdough bread, rustic rolls, and multi-grain breadsticks with butter

Main Course
Western Choices
The Chef’s Selection
Grilled Sterling Silver sirloin steak accented by “Indigo’s” special spice blend and Dragon Fire chili sauce
Twice baked potatoes seasoned with rosemary, Baby carrots, and Sauteed spinach
Or
Mahi Mahi
Mahi mahi seasoned with kabayaki and teriyaki sauce, Japanese rice cake with seaweed seasoning and sushi vinegar, Stir-fried Asian vegetables
Or
Breast of Chicken
Free-range chicken seasoned with “indigo’s” special spice blend, raspberry hoisin sauce and apple chutney, Mashed red-skin potatoes with garlic, Zucchini sticks and baby carrots
Or
Japanese Choice
Grilled Lobster with egg yolk vinegar, skewered minced chicken, smoked salmon rolled in cucumber, braised burdock with sake wine and soy sauce, and okra with soybean puree

Clear Soup
Crab Meat and cucumber salad with vinegar dressing
Simmered taro potato with shrimp sauce
Beef sukiyaki featuring beef, Chinese cabbage, onion, shiitake mushroom, scallions, konnyaku noodles and sauce
Steamed rice
Japanese pickles
Well I had the Japanese choice, as the Western course sounds the same as normal Continental’s offering, and the Japanese menu looks more elegant and I was not disappointed. The meal was presented in two courses, with appetizer, which was delicious. The lobster half was presented in a shell, and the presentation was excellent. For the main course, the beef sukiyaki was not over-cooked and the beef actually tasted tender. I think it could be a bit warmer. The clear soup was a nice clear soup with seabass. The meal actually tasted excellent, and Northwest could take some lessons from Continental, its Skyteam partner.

Fruit and cheese
Select cheeses accompanied by fresh seasonal fruit and gourmet crackers served with Port Wine

Ice Cream
Dave’s Hawaiian vanilla ice cream offered with your choice of toppings
Well I honestly think the cheese and fruit should be offered separately. There is no hurry for a daytime flight. The cheese selection is brie, cheddar, and white cheese, with grapes and strawberries. The toppings for ice cream are the usual strawberry, butterscotch, and hot fudge, chopped macadamia nuts, and cherry.

Last edited by Carfield; Jan 5, 2005 at 8:43 am Reason: photo link
Old Jan 2, 2005, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Smile Part II

Movie Treat
Baked on board cookies with milk
It was served around 7:35pm Hawaii times… nice… what more I can say!

Skysnack Station
Brussels cookies, almond delights, Cape cod’s potato chips, and chocolate chip cookies

Well there is not really a station, but the Japanese F/As made two passes with the snacks, and then around 8:35pm, she came with another pass, but Onigri, Japanese rice balls, and instant noodles are also offered on top of other snacks. There was also a beverage service. Then I watched a few more sitcoms. The cycle was really slow and it took almost thirty minutes for a new cycle to start. AVOD is definitely necessary if CO updates the products in the near future. The sleeper seats are quite comfortable, but just a warning, as the seat in front of you reclined, you can hardly cross the neighbor. Other than that, it is fine.

Around 9:54pm, the final meal was served – all on one-tray and the F/A service went downhill at this point. They were hurrying the meal service, despite still a full hour and half prior to arrival, and it was a one-tray affair. There was hot towel prior to meal, followed by meals and one pass of wine and bread (croissants or white rolls), and then tray collected and no separate tea and coffee service. Fruits include papaya, strawberry, and white grapes, and then chocolates are offered by Lily O’Brien – caramel chocolates. The noodle entrée was very disappointing, as it is extremely salty.

Refreshment will be offered prior to arrival
Fresh seasonal fruit
Assorted warmed rolls with butter
Pasta Bowl
Udon noodles and vegetables stir-fried with oyster sauce accompanied by baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms
Chocolates

After the meal, the F/As disappeared, as they ate their dinners as well, and prepared the cabin for arrival. At 11:10pm, the flight began its initial descent, and of course, the purser had to abrupt turned off the system with no warning at all. The impression I got was that “yeah, finally we began descent and let us sit down for landing now.” It was a bit unprofessional. Pilot signaled preparation for landing at 6:18pm HK local time. We landed at R/W34 on 6:29pm and parked at gate 10 and next to us, there was a China Eastern MD-11F B-2173, and on the other end, there was a JALway’s Boeing 747-300 and Australian Airlines’ colorful Boeing 767-300ER. Unlike Narita, Nagoya is a much smaller airport, and as I observed, there were mostly Japanese traveling, so the foreigners’ line saw absolutely no one on line… no one to be on line as well. However, Northwest’s Boeing 747-400 just got in from Detroit, so the scenario might be slightly different. The bags came out within ten minutes and priority tags worked here. After a quick exit, I stored my bags and then took the bus to Hilton Nagoya for the evening.

December 29, 2004
EG 203 NGO-TPE Lv1000 Arr1220 Boeing 767-300 JA8980 New JAL livery
Well I took the 7:20pm express bus back to the airport, and I was the only passenger this morning, and the bus driver was punctual and polite. The airport was very crowded this morning, as one of the busiest travel days in Japan. It was my first and possibly last visit to the airport, as the airport will close in mid-February 2005. The airport was very small and the check-in counters were divided into North and South, and there were lines to get into the check-in counters. But everything was done orderly and then I proceeded to the JAL business class check-in line. There were lines, but not a long wait. The agent checked my bags all the way to Hong Kong and for some strange reasons, they seemed to doubt the authenticity of my electronic ticket receipt. So they called CX and verified my flight information and then even the agent ran over to CX on the other side and got me a CX printout of my electronic ticket. The agent was apologetic and efficient thought. I got an aisle seat and this flight was going to be 100% full front and back. I got the pass to Lounge Nagoya, but knowing how the Japanese lounges were often disappointing, so I decided to visit the Rainbow plaza and paid 100 yen to get into the observation deck. Unfortunately, it was raining and I could not get into the outdoor area for long. The observation deck was amazing though, and here was a list of foreigner airlines’ at NGO this morning (I did not jog down the registration number of the heavy number of Boeing 767-300s) – MH’s A330-200 9M-MKX, Korean’s 744 HL7493, China’s A300-600R B-18577, Orient Thai’s Boeing 757-200 One-Two-Go leased to Kampuchea Airline (chartered flight to Siem Reap) XU-234, Singapore’s Boeing 777-200 9V-SRE Star Alliance livery, and Lufthansa’s A340-300 D-AIFF.

Due to the long security and immigration line, I cut short my time at the deck, and it was indeed a long wait – almost thirty minutes to get to security checkpoints, and BTW, I was at the restricted area, it was around 9:15pm. I had no time to find the location of Lounge Nagoya, and proceeded to the bus gate seven. Boarding began on time at 9:30pm, but the buses were not allowed to off load for a while. Newspapers including Taiwanese papers were offered, and headsets and slippers were already at each seat. However, despite the late boarding, door was closed almost on time at 10:03am. We pushed back three minutes later, and we took off from R/W34 at 10:23am. As a die-hard plane fan, here were the planes prior to our turn at R/W34 – SQ took off to Singapore, J-Air CRJ landed, JL new 763 and JAL’s newly colored A300-600R JA8559 took off.

The pilot already warned us about the strong head wind and turbulence in the climb out. We climbed to 39,000feet and the routing took us towards Kagoshima and then onto Taipei. Flying time was three hours and forty-nine minutes. Seat belt sign was turned off at 10:36am, and the F/As sprang into actions. Hot towels made a quick pass in the cabin and then the beverage trolley rolled out. A bag of Otsumami and dried Natto plum-flavored were offered with the beverage. Then the meals were served around 11:18pm. The meal was served in two-courses – main meal and then dessert. The meals were delicious as usual, and the service was courteous. Wines and teas were offered throughout the meals. Here is the wine list and menu transcript:

Champagne
Piper Heidsieck Brut

White Wines
Chablis Labourne Roi (Bourgogne)
Wehlener Sonneuhr Riesling Spatlese (Bourdeaux)

Red Wines
Chateau Senihac (Bourdeaux)

Japanese Sochu “Goku”

Dai-Ginjoshu
Japanese Sake Dai-Ginjoshu OZEKI [OSAKAYA-CHOUBEI] GEKKEIKAN [HOURIN]

Western
Amuse-Gueule
Vegetable Souffle with Whipped Cream
Interesting dish – like steamed egg with chopped vegetables

Hors d’Oeuvre
Lobster Claw and Smoked Salmon with Raw Ham

Main Dish (Choice)
(We are using beef from Australia)
Grilled Fillet of Beef with Port Wine Sauce
Lyonnaise Sweet Potato/Broccoli & Carrot (528kcal)
Or
JAA Healthy Menu Selection
Chicken Anglaise (429 Kcal)
It was basically a stew based with a puff pastry top (JAA logo). The chicken stew had mushrooms, onions, pieces of chicken thigh meat, and quail eggs. It was delicious.

Salad
Fresh salad
French dressing
Basic salad – lettuce, cucumbers and tomato

Roll
Assorted Special Breads and Butter
Garlic bread and great soft rolls – wonderful bread

Or Japanese
Hors D’Oeurvre
Braised Stuffed Squid with Spicy Cod Roe
Shrimp Stuffed with Fish Mousse
Fried Stuffed Lotus Root with Minced Pork meat

Sunomono
Globefish Fillet “Sashimi”
Soft Boiled Octopus with Sea Urchin Sauce
Marinated Rape Blossom rolled with Radish

Kobachi
Peanut Curd

Mushimono
Fried Red Snapper/Rolled Congee Eel teriyaki with Burdock

Dannomono
Fried Marlin with Spicy Sweet and Sour Sauce
Steamed Rice

Wan
Japanese Clear Soup
Japanese Pickles

Dessert Plate
Tiramisu with Crepe (133kcal)

After the meal, duty free service was carried out, followed by occasional beverage requests. I had ginger ale and this really kind purser kept on asking me if I wanted more. I believe that is called “service.” Before she collected an empty glass, she will look into your eyes and then asked if you wanted another one – not just collecting the empty glasses unless I asked. The F/A should be the one taking the initiative, not me as passengers. That is “real” service. Throughout the flight, Japanese NHK, Chinese TVBS news and a promo video about Taipei 101 were shown. Sky Map made it to the screen for no more than fifteen minutes in total. Around 1:25pm, the F/A made a round with water, oolong tea, or Pocari Sweet health drink, and then descent began at 1:40pm. The cabin was prepared at 1:58pm, and we landed at R/W5 at 1:12pm Taipei local time (Taiwan was an hour behind form Japan). We parked at gate A7 shortly after.

CX 565 TPE-HKG Lv1420 Arr1610 Boeing 777-300 B-HNF
Well due to the late arrival, my transit was less smooth, and I wasted no time to head to Transit B area, which was a ten minutes walk and lots of climbing up and down stairs. When I approached CX transit counter, an agent approached me from behind, and asked I was Mr. Carfield. My boarding pass was already issued with lounge pass. Then the agent quickly wrote down my luggage tag number, and off I went. That was efficient. I bought some duty free goods and then headed to the lounge, as I needed to email my dad about my arrival time. I had a glass of ice-cold Perrier and then it was time to head back out again.

Boarding had already begun as I arrived at the gate. Business class cabin had a light load, and almost no middle seats were occupied. I had the last row – 18K, and no neighbor, but a window was missing. I had to look in front or behind my seat for a view. As usual, CX F/As did their newspapers round, followed by headsets, beverage (OJ/Champagne/Water), and then a round of hot towels. The purser did her quick round with menus, and I was glad to report that hot main courses were offered now but no choice of entrée though.

We took off from R/W06 at 2:42pm. Flying time was an hour and thirty-six minutes with the typical Makung routing and 39,000feet.

Here is the wine list and menu transcript
Champagne
Champagne Deutz, Brut Classic

White Wines
Louis Max Saint Veran 2001
Jamiesons Run Limestone Coast Chardonnay 2003
Chateau Roumieu “Haut-Placey” Sauternes 2001

Red Wines
Louis Max Mercurey Domaine La Marche 1999
Chateau Vieux Barrail, Puisseguin Saint Emilion 2001

Refreshment
Salad
Romaine Salad with Sauteed Shrimps served with Ume Dressing

Main Course
E-fu noodles with Barbecued Pork, Shrimps, and Preserved Vegetables

Dessert
Tiramisu Tower with Dried Pineapple and Vanilla Sauce

Tea and Coffee
Pralines

The meal was fine one-tray service and I would rather have a plateful of e-fu noodles, other than another Ham and Cheese sandwich, but CX could use a larger portion. I think CX was possibly one of the few airlines that continued to reduce the amount of food served on the casserole dishes in business class. The salad was fresh and the dessert was nice. Parlines did not show up. Wow, I just noted that this menu was only available to CX 565, so other afternoon flight might still have the lame hot sandwich service.

Descent began at 3:42pm and the F/As did the final preparation around 4:05pm. We landed on R/W7L at 4:18pm. We parked at gate 45 a few minutes later, next to CX’s A330-300 B-HLB. The bags came out shortly after and I was off to my home soon.

In general, it was a great set of flights. CO was average and of course, I will really appreciate the full BF service, but looking at the low yield nature of this flight and the load at present, I guess full BF service is not possible. I am already thankful for the Japanese meals’ options. About EG, it was good as usual, apart from the rather dated J seats, but it was okay for a three-hours flight. CX was okay as well. Aloha was the biggest disappointment this time, but it was a good set of transpacific flights.

Happy New Year and I wish you better trips in 2005!

Carfield
Old Jan 2, 2005, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Great trip report... and experience on the Robert's tour. ^

aloha
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:26 pm

Great Report!
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:36 pm

EVery time I read one of your reports I say to myself that I must write a trip report ASAP. As a matter of fact I will be taken the new AA non stops to SJO this weekend in business class ( no first class on this route )....
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:28 pm

Programs: some
Very detailed report, great ^

"I admitted that I was in my best physical condition, as I vomited the night before and barely had four hours of sleep. "

Gosh, I wonder what happens when you feel bad
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Sorry guys, there are a few typos...
I am actually not on my best phsyical condition... the tour was good, but a bit too much for a very sick man...

Carfield
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Photo album

Photo album for AQ meals are posted here
AQ
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...1&sort_order=0

Carfield
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:36 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
^ Glad you had a good transpacific flight experience. As always, thanks for another outstanding report.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome report ^
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Smile More pictures from CO and JAA

Continental and JAA
http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSig...de%3Dtrue&Ux=0

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Feb 10, 2005 at 1:01 pm Reason: Photo link updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.