Wiki Posts
Search

Dl F/j - Las-atl-dub

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Dl F/j - Las-atl-dub

Hi Gang -

I have always enjoyed everyone's trip report contributions, so I will attempt one of my own to show my thanks ! I don'y have a lot of the technical aspects , such as aircraft reg # , but I think you will get the drift . Hope that you enjoy - All flights in August. I am a DL Platinum Medallion
DELTA AIR LINES
LAS-ATL B767-400 F CLASS
This was a very routine LAS-ATL flight. Both cabins were full, as is normally the case on this run. The ON BOARD LEADER loaded all of the video options for the individual in seat players in F on the 767-400. Pre-flight beverages were available with a full bar service offered. I opted for some decaf but saw a number of Bloody Marys being consumed. After leveling off at our cruising altitude, we were offered an additional beverage service followed by lunch. The coach service on this sector is food for sale and beverages. There was no choice of meal offered. A single tray service with a "Mediterranean Sandwich" was handed out to those who wanted to dine. The sandwich was basically a big , hot roll with some veggies and cheese in between. Not very tasty. The sandwich was accompanied by a small side salad and a prepackaged brownie for dessert. Arrival was on time at ATL and I made the trek from the A gates to the E gates.

BIZ ELITE LOUNGE AT ATL
The lounge crowd was fairly sparse. The bar was empty and offered the usual complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. There was a small buffet that was pretty picked over but it had some nice selections. There was carved ham and turkey , vegetable crudite, rolls , and assorted other hot canapes.

ATL-DUB J CLASS B-777-200
My first impression of the DL 777 is WOW - these seats are SOOOOO much more comfortable than those on the 767-300 ER's. I was in the bulkhead row of the second cabin. Had a very nice seat neighbor and we chatted a bit while beong offered champagne or water. After take off, we were offered a full drink service followed by dinner. One note - I love Dewars but that shoulfd not be the only scotch offered in J class - no single malts.
MENU -
APPETIZER
Gravlax accompanied by grilled Shrimp with Rosemary, served with spicy Honey Mustard Dill Sauce. === a nice appetizer but a very small portion.

SALAD- Romaine lettuce and Radicchio with Cherry Tomatoes, julienned Carrots and Jicama, offered with Sour Cream and Herb Dressing or Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Assorted Breads and Butter

ENTREES
Grilled Fillet of Beef accented by Mustard Sauce, served with herbed Mashed Potatoes and a medley of grilled Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Peppers === my choice , very nice and tender.

Roasted Breast of Chicken with Citrus Herb Glaze, offered with roasted Sweet Potatoes, Asparagus and Yellow Squash

Rosemary Pappardelle Pasta complemented by Morel Mushroom Sauce, tossed with Tomatoes, Leeks and Shiitake Mushrooms - Sauteed Scallops may be added to this Entree

Hearty Butternut Squash Soup with Pear and Ginger, topped with Sour Cream and Scallions

FRUIT AND CHEESE

DESSERT
All natural Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae with your choice of Sauces, Whipped Cream and chopped Nuts, garnished with a Pirouline Cookie.

BREAKFAST
Fresh Fruit
Breakfast Breads with Butter, Cream Cheese and Preserves

CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Kellog's Cereal with Milk
Omelet with Gruyere Cheese and fresh Dill accompanied by roasted Gold Potatoes and Chicken Apple Sausage

I am not sure which wines were offered. We arrived a few minutes behind schedule into SNN for the mandatory stop. We were not allowed to disembark and security came on board to check our boarding passes and passports. We departed on time and arrived DUB about 20 minutes early. There is no cabin service between SNN and DUB. Got through immigration in no time - no line at all. Bags came out in a timely fashion - Priority tags seemed to work and I strolled through Customs. Hope you enjoyed !
Old Sep 8, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Why did you have to stop at SNN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.