Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Looks like BA has removed region restrictions on fare purchases!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looks like BA has removed region restrictions on fare purchases!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Has anyone worked out whether this is for EU originating flights only. Does it work for ex USA flights booked from the UK (I'm abroad and havent had time to work through a dummy booking) ?
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Apologies for bumping this. I did a quick search and this thread seems most appropriate.

I am not familiar with BA at all and am trying to book a UK domestic flight but ba.com says must be UK credit card to pay for it. What is the best way around this? I am NZ based if it makes any difference.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Apologies for bumping this.

I am trying to book a UK domestic flight but ba.com says must be UK credit card to pay for it. What is the best way around this? I am NZ based if it makes any difference.
Have you tried just going ahead with the payment? Sometimes a site will SAY one thing, but do the other, perhaps it'll go through?
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:48 pm

Try aa.com - the ticket might be cheaper too!
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:18 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Funny you should mention this ScottC - A friend of mine (!!) might have done just this on a number of occasions without any problems
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Thanks - will let you know if it works.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yup worked - thanks a lot
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup worked - thanks a lot
NP.

BA really need to remove that message, I'm sure that it's costing them a lot of passengers.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 4:15 pm
norodnik

ScottC, yes, I booked a ticket to DME for my US colleague, using her US Credit Card and just put my home address.

Worked fine, and no body even asked for the credit card at the airport ?

Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Okay that seemed to work for purchasing eticket.

Now I have another booking which despite not appearing on the lists of places you cant eticket, comes up wanting a paper ticket. Now of course country is wrong so it wont get mailed to me. Any ideas on how to overcome this?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Phone them. They'll charge an extra 10 for this.

BUT I'm still waiting for a paper ticket said to have been posted from BA Bremen (acting for VIE) on 31 August. Several calls to VIE assure me that the ticket is simply delayed in the post - yes, perhaps, but I need the ticket.

I'll try again tomorrow. If no sense, then I guess I'll have to cancel and book am ore expensive fare elsewhere .

And all because the convenient BA codeshare was unavailable on a HP domestic flight. Spending an extra 6 hours at SFO would have got me a BA flight number for a HP flight and an e-ticket.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 3:52 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Has anyone worked out whether this is for EU originating flights only. Does it work for ex USA flights booked from the UK (I'm abroad and havent had time to work through a dummy booking) ?
whats with departing ex tip ? Does this work too ?
Old Sep 17, 2004, 5:22 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Ex TIP

Hi, I am actively working on the ex TIPs. I have a friend who was working in TIP and it appears to be a nightmare. She had to phone the BA office 36 hours in advance just to confirm that the confirmed ticket was confirmed.

She was not too hopeful that Mrs. X, the BA manager would be able to sort this out. If these fares could be issued in the UK or e-tkt then fine. TIP does not have computers! Everything is manual.

Remember, if you cannot get off the aircraft, what are you going to do? I doubt that BA would let you on the aircraft to pick up the ticket without a visa. Then the visa requires you to stay on an organised tour etc. That requires an invite from the locals as so it goes on.

Perhaps, if the US Embassy is going to be restarted there, you may be able to arrange a visit to the Embassy.

The fares are worth pursuit and I will let you know when I have cracked it.

It's a long way to TIParary, it's a long way to Sydney and back home,
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:19 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Hi, I am actively working on the ex TIPs.............
It's a long way to TIParary, it's a long way to Sydney and back home,
Iam working on this too!
1.) There are some TAs with AMADEUS IATA there !
2.) They can issue all kind of tickets you want ! SITI !
3.) The VISA and invitation is not a real problem, VISA is around 50 USD, invitation around the same! + your Passport must be translated into arabic language with a special print around 30 USD !
4.) Some important rules for these IATA fullfares in "F" are:
--max. 12 segments
--HIP rule, if stops longer than 23h.59m.
--at the moment no creditcards accepted
--all agents I know charge a backshisch around 200USD per issued ticket if you are not there in person to buy it
--lifting the first coupon, or using it not in the right sequence is dangerous ! They may not honor the rest of thr ticket
--But if you hit all this, you travel in first to Australia under 1500 GBP rt. ^
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Okay that seemed to work for purchasing eticket.

Now I have another booking which despite not appearing on the lists of places you cant eticket, comes up wanting a paper ticket. Now of course country is wrong so it wont get mailed to me. Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Frustratingly I can break the trip into 2 RTs and book each of those separately and get e-tickets but not all together

I am reluctant to do this though because the price is substantially higher (and possibly lose the protected connections).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.