Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transpacific On Northwest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Transpacific On Northwest

Just arrived from a two-segment transpacific flight on Northwest. Its been quite a while since I have been on Northwest while both Classic Business Class and New Business Class were experienced on these two flights, they do not match that of SQ or CX. While the service of the crew were spartan compared to that of their Asian counterparts, I would say that the flight was uneventful. Very little food choices but hey, it got me here. I wouldn't rave about the experience but nothing too serious to complain. BTW, Narita was quite different. The lounges of Northwest has also improved but they are still far shot from their Asian counterpart. I guess I need not say more.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by mnlfqtv
Just arrived from a two-segment transpacific flight on Northwest. Its been quite a while since I have been on Northwest while both Classic Business Class and New Business Class were experienced on these two flights, they do not match that of SQ or CX. While the service of the crew were spartan compared to that of their Asian counterparts, I would say that the flight was uneventful. Very little food choices but hey, it got me here. I wouldn't rave about the experience but nothing too serious to complain. BTW, Narita was quite different. The lounges of Northwest has also improved but they are still far shot from their Asian counterpart. I guess I need not say more.
Hello mnlfqtv. I'm guessing you're commenting on a transpacific flight to MNL? Is this correct? I've always wondered what NWA's business class service to MNL is like. If originating from PDX, I've heard this route is soon to receive the new Airbus planes, so that might be something to consider. Any experience with PR's business or first? Thanks .
Old Aug 8, 2004, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Any more info on menus and the overall service?

mnlfqtv, do you by any chance have menus and more comments on the food for these flights?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Pr Business And First

Originally Posted by jef7
Hello mnlfqtv. I'm guessing you're commenting on a transpacific flight to MNL? Is this correct? I've always wondered what NWA's business class service to MNL is like. If originating from PDX, I've heard this route is soon to receive the new Airbus planes, so that might be something to consider. Any experience with PR's business or first? Thanks .
First Class of PR on a 744 except the one acquired from KU is basically like the Classic World Business Class of NW. The F on their 8-9 year old 343's and the KU 744 are like the old F of United 744 or Old CX F (1994 version). Service on PR F from USA is also spartan. The crew is aging but OK I guess.

Mabuhay (Business) Class on the 744 are bad. They are like the Domestic F on 757 of UA and AA. The food service is also spartan and no IFE on the 744 except from KU. On the 343 they have IFE.

The good thing is schedule. It arrives Manila early in the morning where you can beat the traffic if they are on time. However, PAL is known to be Plane Always Late.

For the price, its ok. But CI and KE for their business class prices should be better. Unless serious investment are made on Cabin comfort, PR will only retain its image as Asia's First Airline -- and really OLD!

Menu and gift items are quite good to keep as momentos and they are always full with Filipino expatriates returning home.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Mnl-jpn-west Coast Menu

Originally Posted by puck021
mnlfqtv, do you by any chance have menus and more comments on the food for these flights?
MNL-NRT/NGO

World Business Class

Assorted Juices
Seasonal Fresh Fruit
Yogurt
Selection of Breads

Main Course
Egg and Vegetable Frittata with grilled Chicken

or

Chinese Barbecue Pork with wonton and noodles

or

Cold Cereal

Gourmet Coffee or Tea
Green Tea and Oolong Tea are also available

NRT - SEA/SFO/PDX

TO BEGIN
Cocktail or beverage of choice
served with appetizers and mixed nuts

WESTERN STYLE DINNER

Appetizer Salad
Mixed seasonal fresh greens with garnish of the day
Offered with your choice of of peppercorn ranch or Japanese shiso dressing

Main Course

Beef Tenderloin in Pepper Sauce with baby potatoes and carrots
(NWA uses beef from Australia)

-or-

Roasted Chicken Breast stuffed with Portobello mushroom puree

-or-

Pan-fried Salmon in White Sauce with baby potatoes and asparagus

JAPANESE STYLE DINNER

(To ensure availability, you may reserve the Japanese style finner when you book your next flight)

Sakizuke Tuna, salmon wrapped fish cake, crab meat, and sea urchin

Takiawase Simmered Japanese vegetables

Soba Chasoba

Osuimono Soup

Main Meal Pork, squid and shrimp with grilled shiitake mushrooms, asparagus

Traditional Japanese Desser

Both the Western and Japanese Dinners are accompanied by

Assorted Breads

Dessert A La Carte
Create your own ...

Fresh Fruit (only grapes wrapped in plastic - fancy ribbon)
Chef Selection of Cheeses offered with Port Wine
Ice Cream or Dessert of the Day
Gourmet Cookies
Premium Coffee or Tea
Liqueurs

ON ARRIVAL
A light breakfast with seasonal fresh fruit and warmed bread will be served prior to arrival.

SKY BREAK BASKET
A Selection of light snacks is available in the galley after the first meal service. Please help yourself.

Nothing spectacular. Read about the CX or SQ menu and this would seem cafeteria food. The quality is quite good however. In fact, if it was business to business comparison, the NW quality will be better than CX. The quantity and selection is not comparable though. The snacks of CX are very good selection of soup noodles, sandwiches, pasta, etc. NW has Cup-O-Noodles leftover cheese from dinner and chips, nuts, chocolates, banana and apple.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Thanks

Thanks for the info mnlfqtv

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.