A long journey home via Kingdom of Sakura with Thai F & ANA C

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A long journey home via Kingdom of Sakura with Thai F & ANA C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Time for boarding. On that night's flight, all 8 First Class seats were filled. My seat was 2A, on the left-hand rear part of the First cabin. I did not recognized the aircraft had been changed from B744 to A346, until I looked backward. I found the alignment of the Business Class cabin was unexpected, in 2+2+2 instead of those 2+2 on Thai's B744.

Comparing to those on A388, seats on A346 were less privacy, but definitely acceptable for a 3 hour short-haul flight. Tons of newspapers, in Chinese and English and carefully skipping the ones in Thai, had been offered by the leading stewardess. I wonder, how they got to know I can not read Thai? In flight food menu and the wine list were attached to separated cover. Slipper and all bedding were ready for a rest, even a quick sleep.

Cool towel and the welcome drink, mango juice.

Our aircraft left gate on time, but it took another 15 min before taxing to Runway 07R.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; Jun 14, 2014 at 3:27 am
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:13 am
Original Poster

The meal service began shortly after the fasten seat-belt sign darken. Below is the menu of TG 607.

Hong Kong - Bangkok

Canapés

First Course
Parma Ham (Prosciutto), Mixed Green Salad

Main Course
Braised Grouper with Bean Curd Sheet, Flower Mushroom
Winter Bamboo, Gluten Roll
Steamed Rice, Broccoli, Carrot
or
Roast Chicken, Grainy Mustard Sauce
Gratin Dauphinois, Carrot, Broccoli
or
Thai Beef Curry "Pa-neang" (with Peanuts)
Steamed Rice

Assorted Bread, Crackers, Butter
Cheese and Fresh Fruits Plate

Dessert
Paris-Brest
Opera Cake
Tea, Coffee
Espresso, Cappuccino

The canapés was presented together with the after-take-off drink. marinated salmon mini-tart, chicken and garden greens mini-wrap. Very tasteful. By the way, Thai's flights at Hong Kong Airport, are catering by Cathay Pacific.

Table had been setted for the dinner.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; Jun 14, 2014 at 3:29 am
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Parma Ham (Prosciutto), Mixed Green Salad

My main course was, Lobster Thermidor with mashed potato, grilled bell pepper and asparagus.

Cheese plate with dried apricot, fresh date, strawberry, grapes, carrot and the 'famous' celery.

Dessert, Paris-Brest and Opera Cake, came after the cheese plate.

After the meal, I tried to watch some movies with the entertainment system, but it fell from time to time. As a result, this lovely penguin showed up frequently. Hello Linux!

Last edited by Jian Kuang; Jun 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:14 am
Original Poster

While arrived at the gate, I was greeted by a Thai's ground staff and transported to the Royal First lounge immediately, on a golf car. At the lounge, I was welcomed with hot towel and chilled mineral water. The lounge was completely empty at that time, around 2300. No more than half an hour, I was informed that, it is time for boarding.

The gate for TG 930 was E4, just next to Gate E8 where another A380 was standing for its flight to Osaka as TG 622.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:26 am
Original Poster

I was the first passenger onboard in the First cabin. So I could swifted to pajamas mode and made myself comfortable in my seat, 2K, ahead of all routines before take-off. On that night, 9 out of 12 seated were occupied, not very full anyway.

The Rimowa Ket was distributed by the flight manager companying with the pajamas. I got a purple one, referring the signature colour of Thai Airways. :-:

Food menu, wine list and the champagne, Dom Pérignon Vintage 2004, of course.

Bangkok at night. Looking back, Suvarnabhumi was down there.

Got some refill of champagne before the table was setted for dinner at mid-night. Let's start a quick reading of the menu.

Bangkok - Paris

First Serving
White Sturgeon Caviar with Garnitures

First Course
Marinated Lobster with Thai Herbs in Tomato with Steam
Bed of Smoked Tuna Carpaccio

Main Course
Pork Curry "Pa-naeng" (with Peanuts)
Dried Sweet Pork
Steamed "Thai Hom Mali" Rice
or
Pan-fried Black Cod with Dijon Mustard Sauce
Tossed Turned Potatoes with Parsley
Needle Beans with Shallot, Sautéed Champignon, Carrot
or
Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Tomato Basil Sauce
Grilled Zucchini and Eggplant with Balsamic Vinegar
or
Cream of Boletus Mushroom Soup
Rosemary Croûtons, Crème fraîche

Assorted Bread, Butter
Assorted Cheese, Fresh Fruits

Dessert
Bitter Sweet Chocolate Cake with Orange coulis and Mint Ice Cream
Tea, Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino

Anytime Cuisine
Pistachio Cookies
Potato Chip
Lindt Swiss Thins Dark Chocolate
Yellow Noodles with Roast Pork
Boiled Rice with Abalone

Second Serving
First Course

Fresh Fruits
Plain Yoghurt, Fruit Yoghurt
Cereals
Fruit Juice, Banana and Orange Smoothie

Main Course
Omelette with Paris Ham and Gruyère Cheese
Pan-fried Back Bacon, Grilled Premium Pork Sausage
Potatoes with Mixed Capsicum
Slow Cooked Whole Tomato with Stem
or
Sweet Vanilla Pancake with Yoghurt
Grilled Premium Chicken Sausage, Grilled Ham
Baked Cherry Tomato with Stem
or
Cold Cuts Platter
Bierschinken, Butcher Ham, Salami, Guyère Cheese

Assorted Bread, Croissant, Butter, Jam
Tea, Coffee, Chocolate Malt
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:32 am
Original Poster

As the menu printed, there was on canapés on TG 930, straightforward began the first serving with caviar.

Delightful marinated lobster tail stuffed in the tomato shell. As well as the colourful mini-salad made from chopped red, yellow, green pepper and olive and cheese ball. ^

I chose Fish Maw and Crabmeat Soup as my main course. Because I did not want to be filled up, I want easy sleep just after the meal. Fish maw is the swim bladder of some kind of sea water fish, sun-dried. It providing a unique taste while braised with black mushroom, bamboo fungus (Phallus indusiatus) and crabmeats. It was an excellent snack at night with fragrant aftertaste.

The seat had been layed down after the table was cleaned. I got 8 hour sound sleep. I woke for another bottle of water, and found our aircraft just passed Caucasus and Crimea.

Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Sunglow rising gradually above Poland.

Croissants and chocolate pastries were warmed just prefect, emanating tempting aroma.

Breakfast started with fresh fruits from Thailand: papaya slice, pitaya slice, melon balls, wax apple, pomelo and grapes.

The main course, sweet pancakes with ham and chicken sausage.

Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Bonjour! Paris! While approaching CDG, downtown Paris emerged from the early morning's blue atmosphere.

I had booked a TGV ticket from CDG to Lyon directly, and the train would be departing on 0830. A few days later, the daylight saving time began. As a result, TG 930 could not arrived at CDG on time as scheduled, 0705, but half an hour later, around 0735. This made me extremely worry about the on time performance. But the leading stewardess comforted me, and told me there was "No Problem" to catch the train in one hour. I knew why she would be so confident a few minutes later. There was no one had to queue at the immigration counter, and the luggage came out very quickly, even faster than those at Hong Kong Airport.

Terminal 1 of Aéroport Charles de Gaulle, a journey began here, a journey ended here.

This is the end of my trip report. I hope it won't bored you too much.

Thank you & good bye.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: United Premier, EK Skywards Blue, AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by prolixindec
Good pictures, and I like your Trip Report so far! Don't worry about your English; you make yourself understood quite well.
Well understood, don't worry!!!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA1K
Excellent report. I enjoyed the report and all the wonderful pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.