Search

A long journey home via Kingdom of Sakura with Thai F & ANA C

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wonderful TR and photos. Thank you for sharing ^
Old May 7, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Nice trip report, what TV series is POI? looking for a new one to watch!
Old May 9, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minmaguire
Nice trip report, what TV series is POI? looking for a new one to watch!
Thank you.

POI is short for Person of Interest. But on Thai's flights, only Season 3 was in stock.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Jian Kuang

Two little creatures had been trapped in the window. Where are you from? France? Germany? Or simply local residents of Thailand?
Gotta admit I chuckled out loud to this commentary.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:23 am

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. The food looks fabulous, especially the appetizers, the lobster, and the fruit bowl. Very vibrant colours - just what you need to beat the humdrum of an aircraft cabin!
Old May 30, 2014, 2:54 am
Original Poster

I do my apologize for the delay of the rest part of my trip report. Around half an hour before landing, the flight manager and leading stewardess shown up to said good bye and expressed their sincerely thank you to every guest in First Class cabin. To me, we had a casual talk about the first time I flied with Thai, when Thai's AB6 airplanes were brand new and I was two decades younger. What a lovely memory was.

Oh! Bangkok is raining!

Our aircraft arrived its gate at Suvarnabhumi Airport around 6 in the early morning. The gate were crowded with Thai's staffs, waiting for the First Class passengers. Another 5 guests and me were conveyed to immigration counter on a very fast golf car.

After the passport was stamped, each guest was leaded to the baggage reclaim belt with designated staff. At there, carts were ready to upload the luggages. That was Thai's Royal First services, warmly, friendly and dedicated efficiently.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:02 am
Original Poster

The time I spent at Bangkok, could be said with best air quality in April. In other word, it rained a lot. Atmosphere was full of steam, which make people feel much hotter than the accurate temperature was. Thanks to the covered bridge along the streets, I dit not suffer much from the grilling sunshine.

Shortage on reliable public transport network, Bangkok's metropolitan area filled with motorcycles and tuk-tuks, a kind of third-wheel passenger motorcycles.

There is only one MRT line, Bangkok's precious underground rail transit system, sub-circling the downtown with cool and fast commuting services.

Old May 30, 2014, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Tents of Anti-government protesters, in and around Lumphini Park. At that time, Prime Minister was Yingluck Shinawatra. A month later, everything changed.

Lunch time, crab meat broth and prawn curry rice. It was quite funny that, the fried rice was much more spicy than the red curry.

Old May 30, 2014, 3:18 am
Original Poster

I back to Suvarnabhumi Airport at about 1800. Immediately after check-in, I was leaded to Royal Spa, where a Thai spa was waiting for me. After the spa, Thai herb tea, refreshments and feedback form were presented.

I decided to do some shopping before heading to the lounge. The lovely transfer counters of Bangkok Airways, an umbrella was standing there.

Old May 30, 2014, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Move to the Royal First Lounge, located at the junction of Concourse B, C and D, with a bag of dried mango slices. The ipad menu was very fancy, so as the food.

Fresh pineapple juice.

Chicken wonton soup.

Very tasteful jasmine rice and shrimp tom yum.

Old May 30, 2014, 3:35 am

Very nice photos! Also, your English is entirely clear.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Thai's Japan routes no doubt could match with its European routes. All on board were similar to the long-haul ones: slippers, pajamas, Rimowa ket, and the crew. The leading stewardess, who just flied back from Frankfurt a few days ago, came up and explained why today's First cabin was so 'empty', with 3 seat left. She told me, most Thai's long-haul and Japan routes are full, especially in First Class cabins.

Menu again, two meal services would be provided on TG 622, a 5 hour medium-haul flight.

Bangkok - Osaka

First Serving
Double Boiled Beef Consomme scented with Sherry Wine
Sesame Grissini
Prawn Brochette Marinated with Fresh Herbs
Italian Smoked Speak Stuffed with Green Asparagus

Second Serving
First Course
Fresh Fruits
Yoghurt
Cereals

Main Course
Frittata with Bell Pepper, Gruyere Cheese and Herbs
Grilled Back Bacon, Pan-fired Nuremberg Pork Sausage
Panache of Mushroom in Herb Cream Sauce
or
Braised Duck "Palo" Rice Soup
or
Grilled Salted Salmon
Simmered Dried Radish, Carrot and Fried Bean Curd
Steamed Japanese Rice Roll with Green Tea
Mixed Vegetables

Assorted Bread, Butter, Jam, Honey
Tea, Coffee, Chocolate Malt

Rice Vermicelli Noodle Soup with Pork Balls and Garnitures
(Available upon request)

Last edited by Jian Kuang; May 30, 2014 at 5:10 am
Old May 30, 2014, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dickerso
Very nice photos! Also, your English is entirely clear.
Thank you for your compliment.
Old May 30, 2014, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Beef broth and side dish.

It was unbelievable that, I did have nearly 4 hour sleep on that flight, thanks to the 15 minutes first meal serving and 30 minutes second ones. Table was setted up, water and juice was provided immediately after my wake.

Fresh fruits from Thailand. It was easy to find out the ONLY thing reminding this flight belonged to medium-haul ones, were the tablewares.

Pre-order meal: steamed black cod with grilled vegetable slices.

Old May 30, 2014, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Approaching Kyushu Island, the third largest island of Japan Islands.

The celebrating gifts, playing cards and orchid flower, for the operation of A380 aircraft on Bangkok - Osaka route.

Oh! Osaka Bay is raining! So as the Kansai Airport.

Since there is no three-aerobridge gate at Kansai Airport, all upper deck passengers had to walk down the stair and exit from the main deck. While I down into the main deck, I found the flight manager and other crews were struggling with block up the 'angry' economic class passengers to make sure the First Class passengers could come out first. I was deeply touched at that moment. I could not said any word rather than "Thank you" and "Thank you".^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.