Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A long journey home via Kingdom of Sakura with Thai F & ANA C

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Going home with TG F & NH C & Brand New SA 1st lounge @ CDG T1

Since I am not good at writing with neither French nor English, I have to kept my trip report as simple as possible to avoid tons of grammar mistakes.

(Un Confort Révolutionnaire Nouveau Siège Business)

An Bus stop advertisement near Saône River. Finally, Air France has to introduce lie-flat seats into its Business Class cabins, with the configuration similar to Cathy Pacific's. No bad I hope.

This journey began at Lyon, Rhône-Alpes. Although there are some TGV trains servicing Lyon - CDG routes, I still decided to spent a few times at downtown Paris for the final shopping before heading to CDG Airport.

Sunset at Terminal 2, Aéroport Charles de Gaulle, viewing from SNCF station. I caught this photo because I got down the Route 350 bus a little early. Terminus of 350 is Roissypole, the very location of the hotel I had booked. So, I need to took a few minutes ride on CDGVAL, a driverless rubber-tire transit system linking Terminal 1, 2, 3 and two parking slots between.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; Jun 15, 2014 at 2:46 am Reason: title changing
Old May 3, 2014, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Flyover crossing Terminal 2's terminal buildings from east to west.

Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 1 Station, one station of RER B Line. But this station is close to Terminal 3, not Terminal 1 as its name suggesting.

Check-in area for ibis Airways? No, ibis Hotel. The next day morning, all belts and poles were vanished.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; May 3, 2014 at 12:51 am
Old May 3, 2014, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Three Southeast Asian A380 combo jetliners, from Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways, are sharing the same terminal at Aéroport Charles de Gaulle.

Terminal 1 of Aéroport Charles de Gaulle is, no doubt a masterpiece of modern architecture. ^ But some times it just a nightmare, the terminal flow design requires passengers to walk clockwise or counterclockwise endlessly, which made the urgent ones crazy.

The soft-surface conveyors were scaring too.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; Jun 15, 2014 at 2:48 am
Old May 3, 2014, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Fortunately, The First Class Section of Star Alliance Lounge, was opened two days before my visit. Generally speaking, this lounge was nice designed and well decorated, with a standard up to some Asian carriers' lounges, such as Cathy's the Wing or Thai's Royal Orchid.

A funny thing I found: In the lounge, nearly every Asian customers took a cup noodle from the food counter. Feeling enough with French food? On the other side, the lounge management was quite thoughtful.

Old May 3, 2014, 12:52 am

Good pictures, and I like your Trip Report so far! Don't worry about your English; you make yourself understood quite well.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Entrance of departure express lane, Accès No 1. Not like arrival, at this check point, no invitation cards are needed, just scan the QR code on the boarding pass, gates will open automatically. At the immigration counter, no question was asked, the officer just opened my passport and stamped on it. Entering the Schengen Area in two minute and exiting it in two second, both without queues. It was much more efficient than UKBA, which might keep you queuing up to 3 hour, especially at Heathrow T5.

Made my way through the underground passageway to the boarding gate 55. At Satellite 5, Gate 55, 56 and 57 were occupied by Thai Airways to host its A380-800, which was usually full with 507 passengers. On my flight that day, TG 931, all 12 First seats were filled.

Sorry, there was no photo around the broading gate.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; May 3, 2014 at 2:48 am
Old May 3, 2014, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prolixindec
Good pictures, and I like your Trip Report so far! Don't worry about your English; you make yourself understood quite well.
Thank you! I hope everyone can understand what I writing about.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:59 am
Original Poster

A few minute after seated, hot towel and champagne, Dom Pérignon Vintage 2004, was serviced.

The friendly leading stewardess came up: "Mr Kuang, we are offering the pajama for you. Which size would you prefer?"
"M size, please." I replied.
"Why not?" This stewardess responded heartily and handed out a packed pajama to me.

Two little creatures had been trapped in the window. Where are you from? France? Germany? Or simply local residents of Thailand?
Old May 3, 2014, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Our flight left gate nearly on time, 14 minute behind schedule. We met another A380 while approaching to the runway. Our aircraft entered Runway 09 R some 600 meter from its end.

Queue up for take off!

Old May 3, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

First meal service began shortly after take off. It came with after-take-off drink, sparking water with lemon slice, and warm mixed nuts. It was said that, some American Airlines such as United had drop lime from its in flight beverage service due to high price of this sour citrus. Let's take a closer look into the food menu, which was attached to a nice cover together with the wine list. It took me a few minute to realize that, the food menu and wine list should enveloped in separate covers, not one.

TG 931 F MENU A : APRIL 2014
Paris - Bangkok

First Serving

Canpés

White Sturgeon Caviar with Garnitures

First Course
Marinated Scallops and Prawns with turmeric
Back Salmon with Celery remoulade with soy bean and wasabi Sauce

Main Course
Pan-fried Beef Tournedos, Demi-glace Port Wine Sauce
Lyonnaise Potatoes, Sautéed Pleurotus Mushrooms with Parsley and Garlic Vegetables
or
Shrimps with Hoisin Sauce
Steamed "Thai Hom Mali" Rice, Choy sum
or
Grilled Salmon Fillet
Zucchini and Crest Cream Sauce
Green Peas Subric, Crunchy vegetables
or
Chicken stuffed with Duck Foie Gras
Perigueux Sauce, Duchesse Potatoes, Crunchy vegetables

Assorted Bread, Butter
Assorted Cheese, Fresh Fruits

Dessert
Petits Fours
Tea, Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino

Anytime Cuisine
Chocolate Chips Cookies
Potato Chips
Valhrona Chocolate
Sherbet
Mixed Salad with Sherry Vinegar
Shrimp Won Ton
Yellow Chinese Noodle Soup with Cantonese Pork Char-siew

Second Serving

First Course
Fruit Salad
Fruit Yoghurt, Plain Yoghurt
Cereals, Muesli
Fruit Juice, Strawberry Smoothies

Main Course
Mushroom and Cheese Omelette
Pan-Fried Chicken Sausage, Grilled Bacon
Sautéed Fresh Mushrooms with Parsley
Sautéed Parsley Potatoes
or
Apple Pancake with Maple Syrup and Crème Fraîches
Fresh Raspberry
or
Cold Cuts Platter
Gouda Cheese with cumin, Mimolette Cheese and Pastrami

Assorted Bread, Butter, Jam, Honey
Tea, Coffee, Chocolate Malt

As a native Chinese speaker, I found one kind of vegetable bearing two name here: Choy sum and Pork Char-siew.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:10 am
Original Poster

(Canpés)

Canpés with canopies of: Fresh ham and pineapple slices; Marinated shrimp and radish slices; Cottage cheese with chopped spring onion and red pepper.

After canpés, table was setted for first meal serving, it was lunch in Paris local time.

(White Sturgeon Caviar with Garnitures)

I had no idea what the taste of caviar should be, because I never ate this thing before.

:-Marinated Scallops and Prawns with turmeric Back Salmon with Celery remoulade with soy bean and wasabi Sauce):-:

I did love the presentation of this cold dish, especially the colourful minced pepper. ^

Instead of choosing my main crouse from the menu, I booked mine via Thai's website. Here it was: Lobster thermidor in American sauce, with grilled aubergine slices, glazed carrots and mixed spicy rice. I still wondering whether more than one lobster had been used in cooking this dish, comparing to the ones supplied by Cathay Pacific Catering on the inbound flight.

While I was dawdling with my lobster, nearly all other customers had finished their meal. Fruit slices and dessert came up following the lobster.

(Petits Fours)
Old May 5, 2014, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Recently, Australian red wine, Domain Tournon 2009, was loaded for the long-haul flights depart from Bangkok. After the lunch, I did want to try some white wine on broad. Domain Louis Moreau was recommended, the leading stewardess described it "most popular".

Seats were lied down for "siesta" after the meal service. Everyone got a bottled water before the cabin light had been dimmed. Good night!

De facto, I cannon sleep well that night due to jet lag. I felt exhausted the next day while I was in Bangkok downtown.
Old May 5, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

After 4 hour Tossing and turning, I decided to catch up a few episodes of POI to kill anther 3 hour.

The breakfast service was much more simpler. I chose the omellete, because I had swallowed down a bowl of fruits and a cup of yoghurt.

Last edited by Jian Kuang; May 30, 2014 at 2:48 am
Old May 6, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing them.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Nice photos, would like to see more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.