Wiki Posts
Search

AA First Class 777-300 LHR/DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JHIN
Desserts at the bar look great but SERIOUSLY AA the pizza has to go - its not F class when you serve pizza!
Agreed
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

The pizza was one of two options for the pre-arrival snack. The other option may have been a little more sophisticated. The full menu was as follows:

AMUSE-BOUCHE
Chicken Pakora with mango chutney

STARTERS
Crab cake with coconut curry rice salad
or
Harissa chicken with mango coconut panna cotta

SOUP
Morel Mushroom

SALAD
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, asparagus and pesto bocconcini
With your choice of honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

ENTREES
Grilled fillet of beef in a shallot sauce served with truffled potato gnocchi and vegetable medley
or
Chicken provencal with wild mushroom reduction, wild rice and green beans
or
Seared scallops enhanced by lime champagne sauce, leek rice pilaf and mushroom and asparagus sauce
or
Orecchiette pasta, customized with one of the following options:
Puttanesca or pecorino sauce
Lemon dill shrimp
Squash, zucchini, carrot and red onion
Fresh grated parmesan

DESERT
Mocha sundae with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and coffee topping
or
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans
or
Gourmet cheese plate with garnishes
or
Grand Marnier Fruit Salad with mango sorbet

LIGHT MEAL
Uno's Four Cheese and Pesto Pizza served with a green salad
or
Tandoori Chicken cold plate accompanied by potato salad

DESERT
Fresh seasonal fruit
or
Cookies, freshly baked on board
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:05 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
That's the best you can do? Other than the CR, everything else in AA 77W First is way better than BA.
That AA seat/suite and only 8 pax First make BA First look a poor man's Business Class.
And even the pizza, as pathetic as it is, is better than BA scones, clotted cream and cucumber sandwiches.
I couldn't agree more
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:39 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Is it just me, or did they go with that darn three pronged headphone input??? Why did they have to go with something that isn't compatible with all normal headphones without a converter of some type? It's beyond me.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gwade
Is it just me, or did they go with that darn three pronged headphone input??? Why did they have to go with something that isn't compatible with all normal headphones without a converter of some type? It's beyond me.
I believe that's only for First and Business Class. Bose Quiet Comfort headsets are provided, so a third prong is required to power it.

Thanks for the report , kingdomchris.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Quote:

That's the best you can do? Other than the CR, everything else in AA 77W First is way better than BA.
That AA seat/suite and only 8 pax First make BA First look a poor man's Business Class.
And even the pizza, as pathetic as it is, is better than BA scones, clotted cream and cucumber sandwiches.

I couldn't agree more
Only good thing about BA F is the Concorde Room. The onboard product is inferior.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Excellent TR! Very consistent with my own LAX-LHR AA F trip. Thanks for sharing it.

But how do you really feel, SFO777?

I'd shade my F comparison slightly more toward BA in that I think the F service is a bit more consistent, you run much less of a risk of having a noisy FA crew in the galley chattering away loudly and I like the BA-only Concorde Room a lot. Still, I agree that the AA hard product is definitely superior. And for that matter, the AA screen size and quality and the IFE choices seem fine to me. It's close to a toss-up between AA and BA F, in my view, with both still lagging behind the top international competitors.

If traveling with my wife or if I knew I had to get work done on a flight, I'd lean toward AA due to the swivel seat options being good for the two of us facing each other while dining or my facing the window while working. If my itinerary involved a good amount of time in transit in LHR, I'd lean toward BA for the CR.

Regardless, I give AA it's due for considerably sprucing up its international F option. A job well done and a nice complement to the great job it did with the new international J.

PS: Having said all of the above, the only possible way I'd ever be likely to fly BA in F again would be on an award ticket, which means I'll likely never fly BA F again because the surcharges are ridiculous.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kingdomchris
I believe there were some juices as well as water at the snack bar. I took the photo just as they were completing the setup and didn't go back, so it's possible they may have added other items, but I'm not sure.

The IFE is based on Panasonic's eXport system. You'll need an eXport cable like this one to connect and control your device. I don't think it's compatible with iPhone 5.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/e...ht-video-cable

Also, check out AAdvantage Geek's excellent report on the connectivity options for this aircraft which provides plenty of additional information:

http://boardingarea.com/aadvantagege...inment-system/

This is great! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for directing me to it. Now to decide if I want to spend the money for a cable. Not sure if it' worth it if there is a good deal of entertainment already available to me. Of course, I DO have some of my favorite podcasts I listen to. Would be fun to use the controls from the IFE and the Bose headsets to listen to it.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I love reading these reports because I will never want to pay or use my miles for first international. Closest I came was this summer ORD- AMS in United Business, flat bed. Food was very good and I slept soundly on my lie flat.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Nice report, thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Great report. I flew AA LHR-LAX in F in the new plane last month. I loved it. AA has hit a home run with the new cabin.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Nice report. I think I should give AA 77W a try for my next trip to the UK.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Very nice. Agree about small TV and Pizza comments though. Need to fix that, pronto. Glad to finally have a nice plane on DFW-LHR route.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Agreed
In all fairness, at least AA is serving a pizza that tastes great, while UA is serving disgusting hamburgers in F.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:39 pm

flying the 77W in business in May with me wife from LHR to JFK. It is the first time either of us has been in international business class...so excited!

Thank you flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.