Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss not releasing any seats in F with *miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:24 pm

SFO-ZRH in C?

Originally Posted by killuminati

The LAX-ZRH is a snatch though. Book that up if you can, I never see F available on that route.
How about SFO-ZRH-SFO in C? I was looking for either a *A upgrade award or an award seat. How frequently are either available and how far in advance of the flight?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by killuminati
But was it bookable? Aeroplan is still showing a bunch of phantom LH F availability.

The LAX-ZRH is a snatch though. Book that up if you can, I never see F available on that route.
Yep, it was bookable instantly online, but as I already had lax-zrh-cdg-zrh-lax in C I had to call to make the change. After paying their 90$ PP change fee and an additional 248$ PP in YQ for the LH leg, it's ticketed.

Too bad it's not for me, I'd love to be going.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DonSFO
How about SFO-ZRH-SFO in C? I was looking for either a *A upgrade award or an award seat. How frequently are either available and how far in advance of the flight?
LX still releases C awards very close in time to departure. A friend just scored 3 C awards released two days before the flight. I was trying to find him C seats on UA's 744 flight from SFO-FRA (he was already ticketed on the evening 777 flight but was nervous about playing roulette with the new configuration) and then incredibly 3 C seats opened up on SFO-ZRH. So it is possible.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:08 am

I'm seeing LX F from ZRH to SIN in early december on UA MP now whether that is a phantom availability remains to be seen.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I think it depends very much on the route (and time of year). TATL routes are usually more difficult to get.

I had no problem booking ZRH-NRT using bmi miles but could not get an F award from ORD or anywhere on the east coast. I eventually decided to burn M&M miles.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I think it depends very much on the route (and time of year). TATL routes are usually more difficult to get.

I had no problem booking ZRH-NRT using bmi miles but could not get an F award from ORD or anywhere on the east coast. I eventually decided to burn M&M miles.
did you try YUL-Zrh? I had success a couple of months ago for LX F from YUL for november travel.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I'm seeing LX F from ZRH to SIN in early december on UA MP now whether that is a phantom availability remains to be seen.
It must be phantom, because LX has not had a flight to SIN for a few years. Are you sure it wasn't BKK?
Old May 20, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
It must be phantom, because LX has not had a flight to SIN for a few years. Are you sure it wasn't BKK?
oops, you're right!

I was looking for F from ZRH to SIN, which came back as available but it was ZRH-BKK on LX then connecting on Thai A380 in C to SIN.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

did you try YUL-Zrh? I had success a couple of months ago for LX F from YUL for november travel.
I tried so many variations I might have done, but I had to book about a month before departure and my date was not flexible. Initially I tried to book LH F from ORD to either DUS or FRA but it turned out UA and AC were showing phantom availability in F.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:42 pm

I tried so many variations I might have done, but I had to book about a month before departure and my date was not flexible. Initially I tried to book LH F from ORD to either DUS or FRA but it turned out UA and AC were showing phantom availability in F.
I'm trying to move from C to F for a flight from ORD to FRA on 30 May, and its show F availability on LH431, however when I called UA, I spoke to a service director who explained that its not phantom inventory per se, but rather UA making an assumption of what LH SHOULD make available. HUH? If thats the case, you wonder if UA is just makin' stuff up!
Old May 20, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
HUH? If thats the case, you wonder if UA is just makin' stuff up!
I guess they are following USair suit
Old May 20, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
LX doesn't fly ZRH-SIN and there are no plans to do so.
The only airline that flies ZRH-SIN is SQ.

Edit: didn't refresh and didn't see the post above, sorry...
Old May 20, 2012, 2:08 pm

Talking

... I spoke to a service director who explained that its not phantom inventory per se, but rather UA making an assumption of what LH SHOULD make available.
Wow! Perhaps LH should let UA run their revenue management so no F cabin will fly with fewer than 8 pax.

What's worrying is there have been occasional reports of UA members seemingly booking LH F awards online that M&M members cannot see (or before they manage to find them!).
Old May 20, 2012, 10:03 pm

Wow! Perhaps LH should let UA run their revenue management so no F cabin will fly with fewer than 8 pax.

What's worrying is there have been occasional reports of UA members seemingly booking LH F awards online that M&M members cannot see (or before they manage to find them!).
Yeahhh... I don't know if that is actually happening.

I've found literally 20 LH F seats on ua.com and they were ALL phantom.

I really want to try the FCT in FRA :-:
Old May 21, 2012, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I'm trying to move from C to F for a flight from ORD to FRA on 30 May, and its show F availability on LH431, however when I called UA, I spoke to a service director who explained that its not phantom inventory per se, but rather UA making an assumption of what LH SHOULD make available. HUH? If thats the case, you wonder if UA is just makin' stuff up!
LOL.

My theory is that UA/AC, but not NH, are accessing M&M space, not regular Starnet space. Odd...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.