Flight report: BA294 ORD-LHR Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight report: BA294 ORD-LHR Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Nice. Almost looks nicer in your part of the cabin than it did in mine at the front.

I was a little underwhelmed with my First experience, especially when on boarding I was told "it's down there and to the left" and a finger pointed the way.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by chistery
I was a little underwhelmed with my First experience, especially when on boarding I was told "it's down there and to the left" and a finger pointed the way.
Just goes to show that everyone has a different view of what's important. It would never occur to me to rate a flight based on the manner in which I was directed to my seat. Not even in F.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Just goes to show that everyone has a different view of what's important. It would never occur to me to rate a flight based on the manner in which I was directed to my seat. Not even in F.
Oh it's not important, it's just there was nothing special about the service up front.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:15 am

Oh it's not important, it's just there was nothing special about the service up front.
I think you're looking for something like MarquisJet?

Starts at $119,000 for 25 hours plus government imposed fees and taxes.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:24 am

Super report. Thanks. Whats the nice soothing music on the other YT video BA0177 LHR-JFK G-STBE ?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad

Starts at $119,000 for 25 hours plus government imposed fees and taxes.
And I bet that many of their passengers ask for McDonalds or KFC to eat! Which the carrier will happily provide of course!

That said, if you are carrying 6 people from London to Chicago for lunch and back the fully flexible first class fare on BA would be GBP 67,638.78, or USD 107,499.67. So the jet would not appear to be a huge premium! And you could go through nice private airfields with easy immigration and security at both ends.

Last edited by Sixth Freedom; Mar 23, 2012 at 9:32 am
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree, the mugs and knives served with pastries says it all.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
That said, if you are carrying 6 people from London to Chicago for lunch and back the fully flexible first class fare on BA would be GBP 67,638.78, or USD 107,499.67. So the jet would not appear to be a huge premium! And you could go through nice private airfields with easy immigration and security at both ends.
OK next time I plan to take the family over I'll give it some thought... NOT .
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Great trip report Prospero. I always look forward to them from you.

MAN-FF
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Petrus
Nice report Prospero. Was it not G-STBE that you delivered from Boeing Paine field late last year?
Originally Posted by stewaran
nice TR - looking at your videos looks like your almost a permanent resisdent on board that particular aircraft
I treat this aircraft as if it was my God daughter, so it's such a pleasure to be able to check in on her from time to time. That said, she's a right noisy mare
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dubbin
Pudding AND cheese? Was that offered spontaneously, or did you have to twist arms?
I was absolutely famished by the time we boarded. The dessert arrived with the starter. I requested cheese and port which was delivered with a smile, so no arm twisting on this occasion
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Nice. Almost looks nicer in your part of the cabin than it did in mine at the front.

Did we pass each other in the night? The CSM did seem preoccupied (to put it diplomatically). After the general call out for unwanted headsets, I fetched mine from the overhead locker and walked over to the CW galley. When I handed them to her, this act was acknowledged with a grunt.

The other crew were lovely, most attentive if a little wet behind the ears. Moving Chicago to MF is a bold and I suppose necessary move if MF is to stand up to the pressure of shorter Eastern seaboard routes. I'm mindful the ORD route is also home to many corporate heavyweights so I hope BA is monitoring customer feedback very closely.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
On your Goodnight flight there should have been only been one bar round.
If the cabin wasn’t that busy I would have had the service run by hand with all customers served within an hour.
The 294 is not a Goodnight Express service though from memory, as it departs at about 5 in the late afternoon if it's running to schedule. Am pretty sure, again from memory, that it is only the 296 which leaves about half past 8 which is a Goodnight service. Can't comment on how long the service should take on the -300 as I've not been on it.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

The menu...

HEIGHT CUISINE

We are pleased to present our new "Height Cuisine" menu designed to maximise taste at altitude. We've been taking a long, hard look at dining and drinking in the air, and our team of chefs has set to work to bring you simple, authentic dishes and flavours that work well at 30,000 ft.

We choose the best and freshest products, right in season, and some of our recipes have been specially developed using ingredients that are naturally high in unami* to create the ultimate flavour.

Similarly, our sommeliers and mixologists have been looking for wines that strike the right note, offering you a well-rounded wine list along with some of the world's best spirit brands from the bar.

We do hope you like that you see - but most importantly, we hope you love what you taste.

* Umami is known as the fifth taste after sweet, salty, butter and sour. Identified in Japan, umami offers a pleasant savoury taste and occurs naturally in many foods such as seaweed, mackerel, tomatoes and Parmasan cheese

066, 112, 174, 184, 212, 216, 228, 294 CW

DINNER

Organic heirloom tomatoes with Burrata Mozzarella and lemon most basil dressing

Meaux mustard marinated fillet of beef with Madeira wine jus, glazed root vegetables and fondant potatoes

Organic chicken tikka masala with balsamic rice, dal and toasted nan bread

Spinach and Ricotta lasagnette with tomato vodka sauce and sautéed mushrooms

Flourless Vairhona chocolate cake with strawberry and whipped cream

Rouge Affinee and Idiazabal cheese served with grapes

A selection of fruit

Varda chocolates

Alternatively may we suggest hot chocolate with warm chocolate chip cookies

Flatbread sandwich featuring Berkshire pork loin with cilantro spread and dill pickle served with a seasonal salad

BREAKFAST

Chilled fruit juice

Morning boost drink of mango, pineapple, mint and wheat germ

Fresh seasonal fruit

Fruit yoghurt

Warm bacon roll served with tomato ketchup

A selection of assorted breakfast pastries
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Prospero
The other crew were lovely, most attentive if a little wet behind the ears. Moving Chicago to MF is a bold and I suppose necessary move if MF is to stand up to the pressure of shorter Eastern seaboard routes. I'm mindful the ORD route is also home to many corporate heavyweights so I hope BA is monitoring customer feedback very closely.
I guess they have a bit more time to work with but I also wonder about the wisdom of turning LAX over to MF before it's properly sorted out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.