Search

A few flights to end 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
TOKYO transit #2

It was very cold. Barely above freezing. I was not dressed for the cold, unless you consider 50F (20C) cold. So I hurried off the airbridge as fast as I could.

There was quite a queue at transit, probably longer queue than I've encountered here at Narita in my dozens of times through here. The queue was slow moving too. About half an hour after touching down I arrived at the first class lounge, which in a straight line was only a few metres from our aircraft.

First a shower (hand over boarding pass to get key). Then catch up on some work in the business area. The connection was slow but otherwise I managed to get quite a bit down. I was briefly interrupted by a call to come to reception where an agent handed me a lounge invite card for the next airport - not that you need the card to enter the lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:40 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

TOKYO NARITA to SINGAPORE (NRT-SIN) on Singapore Airlines 777-300ER in first

By the time I wandered down from the lounge to the gate boarding was nearly completed. Another low load in first and great service once again.

Our meal and drink orders were taken while on the ground but we were warned the first couple of hours there may not be any service due to reports of significant turbulence. That is a long time between drinks I can't say I'd noticed any turbulence on the flight into Tokyo a few hours earlier, but maybe the pilots had managed to avoid it or conditions have worsened since?

There was a minor glitch as we taxiied out when first class got the business class short video on how to convert the seat into a bed and vice versa. Oops.

The first part of the flight had almost no turbulence - maybe a (singular) light bump every 20 minutes or so. We had no service initially, and then just drink service - cold drinks only. With announcements every few minutes (in English and Japanese) apologising for the lack of service. It is a shame that they seem to be so risk averse as to cut back on service. Eventually nearly 3 hours into the flight, still no bad bumps yet, and with no indication that seatbelt signs would be switched off any time soon, meal service was started (but no hot drinks).

I ate a little and quicker than normal, before switching to the adjacent empty seat which had been made up into a bed for me. The lack of hot drinks meant I was "forced" to drink some more bubbles while resting until I eventually drifted off about 90 minutes before landing. (The seat belt sign was on the entire time I was awake, and you guessed it - no bumps of any significance.)

I was woken up shortly afterwards to return to my seat because all service is suspended and everyone must prepare for landing, a full hour before expected arrival time, due to anticipated turbulence. Grrr. There were no bumps in that last hour. Perhaps it was all a ruse to hide a massive catering shortage?

We had several circuits before landing and so arrived somewhat late. Our gate was in T2 (rather than the more usual T3) because the next flight with this aircraft is to India. As we taxiied in I saw an Air NZ 767 at a remote stand and an Air NZ 747 at a gate. I wonder what the charters were for?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:40 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines
First Class menu
Tokyo Narita to Singapore
January 2012

Lunch

Kyo Kaiseki

Ichino-Zen

Sakizuke
Cod milt curd with dashi jelly
Marinated yellowtail fillet, turnip tartare, ponzu jelly, wasabi
Marinated squid, bamboo shoot and udo salad

Mukozuke
Alfonsino with carrot, prawn with cucumber, salmon with turnip, mustard-egg yolk dressing

Oshinogi

Chilled udon noodle, spring onion, wasabi, seaweed
Mackerel sushi, chrysanthemum leaf and flower

Futamono

Braised kurobuta pork belly in black vinegar, beetroot puree

Nino-Zen

Yakimono
Miso flavoured Spanish mackerel confit, yuzu miso sauce
Grilled chicken with sansho pepper, shishito pepper

Gohan
Egg white fried rice with mullet roes, sesame seeds
Assorted pickles

Wan
Clear soup with sesame seeds and spring onion

Mizugashi

Lunch

Create your gastronomic experience from our selection of tantalising options.

Canapes

Satay
With onion, cucumber and spicy peanut sauce

Appetisers

Chilled malossol caviar
With melba toast and condiments

Marinated lobster with asparagus and mango salad
Citrus dressing

Soups

Creamy pumpkin soup with hazelnut cream

Wintermelon soup with chicken, mushroom and carrot

Salad

Baby spinach and swiss chard salad garnished with marinated artichoke, capers, roasted capsicum and semi dried tomato
Japanese style soya sesame dressing
Italian dressing

Main Courses

Combination of roasted duck breast and braised duck leg, sauteed vegetables and mashed garlic potatoes

Egg noodles in broth with prawn dumplings and vegetables

Grilled tournedos of beef with mushroom sauce and pasta

Braised beancurd roll with vegetables and fried vegetable rice

Desserts

Nougat mousse with strawberry salad and roasted pistachio

Cheeses

Camembert, gorgonzola, cheddar, pie d'angloys served with grapes, crackers and nuts

Fruits

Fresh fruits in season

Finale

A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas served with pralines

Champagnes and Wines

Champagnes

Dom Pérignon 2000
Named after the monk in charge of the cellars at the Abbey of Hautvillers at the end of the 17th century who is credited with having "invented" Champagne, Cuvee Dom Perignon has an almost mystical reputation. According to the brilliant winemaker-in-chief Richard Geoffroy, quality is based on harmony, a perfect blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes where nothing is lost and everything comes together. The 2000 vintage shows the proof of this to perfection.

Krug Grande Cuvee
Founded in Reims in 1843, the House of Krug is now managed by the 5th and 6th generations of the Krug family. Rigorous selection and care go into every detail of the “multi-vintage” Grand Cuvée, which offers a magical combination of aromatic complexity, power and finesse with a long, lingering finish. Krug is the ultimate experience in champagne.

White Wines

Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Kabinett 2007 Riechsgraf Von Kesselstatt
The steep, rocky Goldtropfchen (meaning "little drops of gold") vineyards are at the centre of this historic estate on Germany's Mosel river that was founded in 1349. Planted exclusively with the Riesling grape, the wines have been described as showing "an exciting fruit and a playful elegance", which summarises the aromas of fresh pears and peaches with a ripeness and racy florality on the palate and a lingering fruit finish. 2007 was an excellent vintage and this wonderful wine is now at its peak. Recommended with white meats and spicy Asian food.

Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2007 William Fevre
The most prestigious vineyards in this famous appellation are all clustered around the historic town of Chablis in northern Burgundy, where only Chardonnay vines may be planted on the chalky clay and limestone soil to produce these wines of pronounced floral fruit, with hints of apple on the palate with a refreshing mineral finish. 2007 was an excellent vintage for Chablis and at three years old this Premier Cru is at its best.

Red Wines

Chateau Cos d'Estournel 2002 Saint-Estephe
The vineyards of Cos d'Estournel, founded in 1811 by Louis-Gaspard d'Estournel, occupy gravelly slopes (Cos means "hill of pebbles") that overlook those of First Growth Chateau Lafite-Rothschild in neighbouring Pauillac. Historically, and still today, the most famous chateau in Saint-Estephe, the Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes ripen to perfection in the temperate micro-climate of the northern Medoc to produce wines with great depth of colour and smooth, supple flavours. The 2002, harvested under magnificent conditions after a rainy summer, shows crushed mulberry fruit and a rounded yet firm finish, a wine of great class.

OR

Chateau Cos d'Estournel 2004 Saint-Estephe, France
With 65 hectares of superbly situated vineyards that adjoin those of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild in neighbouring Pauillac, Cos d'Estournel is recognised as the leading estate in Saint-Estephe. The wine is known for its intense, classic Cabernet Sauvignon fruit blended with carefully selected Merlot to provide a rich roundness on the finish. Deep black cherry red, with aromas of crushed summer berries, the succulent concentration of flavour on the palate is now beginning to open up to show the quality and length of the excellent 2004 vintage.

Chianti Classico 2005 Castello Di Brolio
Barone Francesco Ricasoli manages this most historic Tuscan estate owned by his family almost 900 years and the benchmark for Chianti since his ancestor laid down the wine making rules in the 1870s. The best Sangiovese grapes from old vines bring the dark red colour, the nose of autumnal berry fruits whose richness and depth of flavour is matched by ripe tannins and a very long finish. 2005 was an excellent vintage, now tasting very well indeed.

Griotte-Chambertin 2007 Louis Jadot
The small Grand Cru Griotte-Chambertin is located opposite Chambertin Clos de Beze, the most famous vineyard in Gevrey-Chambertin alongside Le Chambertin itself. Really good deep young colour, liquorice spice and fresh red fruits on the nose, really beautiful aromas of crushed red, leafy fruits, terrific vibrancy and lift, lots of grip, a really classy wine with great purity and vineyard origin, a grand wine with a great future.

Sweet White

Chateau Filhot 2009 Sauternes
With south-west facing vines surrounding one of the most impressive 18th century Bordeaux Chateaux, Filhot was classified a top Second Growth in 1855 and subsequent generations of the Comte de Vaucelles family have maintained the reputation. Bright yellow-gold with floral aromas that contain white summer fruits, honey and a touch of citrus, the rich sweetness on the plate is lifted by natural acidity to give beautiful length and balance.

Port

Graham’s 20 Year Old Tawny Port Portugal
This magnificent port is made from wines of the very highest quality from Graham’s estates in the Douro region of northern Portugal. The black-red of the young wines takes on a light red/tawny colour, while the nose shows raisiny fruit with hints of orange peel and spice. On the palate it is rich and nutty, with a wonderful warmth of flavour and lingering aftertaste.

Cocktails

Mix of the Month

Apple Bliss
A tantalizing refreshing of apple juices and bitter lemon mixed with 7-Up

Singapore Airlines’ Unique Creations

Silver Kris Sling
One of our special touches made with gin, Cointreau and orange and pineapple juice, topped with champagne

Alspritizer
A sparkling mix of vodka shaken with apple juice and 7-Up

Jubilee Lining
A zesty cocktail created with Cointreau, Vodka, pineapple juice, topped with soda

Kris in Love
A delightful concoction of white wine stirred with 7-Up

Rumba
An exotic thirst quencher of rum mixed with pineapple juice and 7-Up

Skyhigh
An invigorating recipe featuring vodka, Cointreau, lemon, topped with 7-Up

Golden Spice
A refreshing, zesty mix with lime cordial, given a spicy relish through equal parts of pineapple juice and ginger ale

Awaiting the Golden Dawn
A healthy, refreshing mix of pineapple, tomato and orange juice

Tropical Fizz
An invigorating concoction of pineapple juice and bitter lemon

All-Time Favourites

Singapore Sling
Synonymous with the Lion City since the early 1900s, this classic cocktail is made with dry gin, Dom Benedictine, cherry brandy, Angostura bitters and grenadine, mixed with lime and pineapple juice

Bloody Mary
A classic blend of vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice with a dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce

Fruit Spritzer
A simple yet delightfully refreshing mix of apple juice and 7-Up

Citrus Royale
A thirst quencher made from orange juice and pineapple juices mixed with lime cordial and 7-Up

Appetising Aperitifs

Campari

Dry Vermouth

Spirits

Spirits

Macallan 12 years old Single Malt Whisky
A time-honoured distillation process and the traditional skills of master craftsmen create a satisfyingly complex single malt characterised by a full-bodied flavour with hints of dried fruit and spice

Cognac XO – Hennessy

Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Belvedere Vodka

Bacardi Superior

Momono Shizuku Sake
A premium Junmai-Daiginjo sake from Kyoto prefecture, named after a haiku by the famous poet Matsuo Basho

Liqueurs

Cointreau

Baileys Original Irish Cream

Aragoshi Umeshu
A refreshing Umeshu derived from fresh plums soaked in sake

Beer

Tiger

Asahi

Beverages

Enjoy the invigorating aroma and rich flavour from our selection of the finest brew.

Gourmet Coffees

Brazil Santos Bourbon
Coffee connoisseurs are sure to appreciate this smooth nutty coffee - the pick of the Brazilian crop.
aroma 4 body 3 acidity 2

Colombian Supremo
Good, all-rounded coffee with light body, balanced acidity and a smooth, rounded flavour that leaves a clean aftertaste.
aroma 3 body 3 acidity 3

Jamaican Blue Mountain
Often called the champagne of coffee, this full bodied classic is rich in aroma and flavour, yet perfectly balanced
aroma 5 body 5 acidity 2

Kenyan AA "Kilimanjaro"
It takes that magical combination of temperate climate and volcanic soil to produce this medium bodied coffee with a sharp, intense flavour and rich aftertaste
aroma 5 body 4 acidity 4

Aroma defines the fragrant scent that the coffee emits when it is just poured.
Body defines the physicality of the coffee when it is in your mouth.
Acidity defines the sharpness of flavour that the coffee has when tasted.

Enjoy a selection of hot and cold beverages, anytime you wish. Simply let us know your preference.

Specialty Coffees

Brewed Coffee
Our exclusive blend of coffee, freshly brewed

Cafe Royal
Lightly sweetened coffee with a touch of XO brandy

Espresso
A single shot of premium coffee, the gourmet's choice

Cappuccino
An all time favourite, espresso enriched with an abundance of foamed milk

Cafe Latte
Mild espresso topped with steamed milk and a dash of foam

Cafe au Lait
A double espresso topped with steamed milk

Decaffeinated Coffee
A full-flavoured alternative without caffeine

Mocha
A delicious combination of coffee, milk and chocolate

Other Beverages

Chocolate
An ideal treat of smooth rich cocoa and milk

Ovaltine
A nutritious chocolate malt drink

Milo
A nutritious drink for that extra energy

International Teas

Royal Darjeeling
An exquisite black tea that develops remarkable overtones of ripe apricots

Nuwara Ellya OP Ceylon
An Orange Pekoe black tea renowned for its light and generous complexity

Earl Grey
A legendary classic blend of black tea richly infused with the finest TWG Tea bergamot

English Breakfast Tea
A timeless classic black tea with an invigorating full bodied and robust flavour

Singapore Breakfast Tea
An exclusive TWG Tea blend of green tea, black tea, vanilla and spices that boasts a sweet, lingering aftertaste

Paris-Singapore Tea
A distinguished green tea blended with fragrant cherry blossoms and red fruits

Alfonso Fruit Tea
A magnificent alliance of black tea, rare mango and a secret combination of TWG Tea fruits and flowers

Moroccan Mint Tea
A perfect blend of delicate green tea and strong Sahara mint

Chamomile
Soft and soothing chamomile flowers yielding a golden, caffeine-free cup

Decaffeinated Earl Grey
A caffeine-free black tea alternative infused with TWG Tea bergamot

In-House Tea Selection

Asian Teas*

Indian Masala Tea
Fragrant traditional Indian herb tea with a hint of spice

Sencha
Japanese Green tea with a delicate aroma and a fresh, clean taste

Hojicha
Gently roasted Japanese green tea with hints of robust, nutty flavours

Genmaicha
Traditional Japanese green tea infused with aromatic, roasted brown rice

Chinese Teas

Jasmine
An aromatic green tea, scented with jasmine flowers

Oolong
A smooth tea featuring a distinctive fragrance of orchids

* Available hot or with ice

Cool Refreshments

Mineral Water

Sparkling

Still

Fruit Juices

Apple

Orange

Pineapple

Tomato

Soft Drinks

Bitter Lemon

Coke

Coke Light / Coke Zero

Ginger Ale

7-Up

Milk

Full Cream

Low Fat

SQ637QC NRT-SIN (LF) 207-1.1 01 FC
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Singapore transit #6

A fast walk from T2 through T1 to T3 and up to the lounge where I'm welcomed back. Enough time for a shower, catch up on some messages, a quick bite and drink, some work and then off for the next flight.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

SINGAPORE to AUCKLAND (SIN-AKL) on Singapore Airlines 777-300ER in first

Walk to the furthest gate from the lounge. Before T3 opened the Auckland flights usually got the furthest gate from the lounge in T2 too. There was no queue at security at the gate, and boarding was underway by the time I arrived inside the gate lounge.

As I settled in to my seat supping some bubbles I noticed the menu had the special Chinese New Year cover and special menu items. We got underway on time but first a long taxi three quarters of the way around the terminal.

Once in the air I meandered through dinner and drinks. At my slow pace the few other passengers in first were asleep before I finished the main course. When I was eventually ready for sleep I moved into the adjacent seat which had already been made up into a bed for me. It was another light load in first.

I awoke over Brisbane, and noticed the flight path showed almost 3 hours to go. That can't be right - normally it only takes about 2 1/2 hours when flying east across the Tasman and that includes the time for initial climb to cruise altitude. It seems the normal strong tailwinds were absent today with just a gentle westerly zephyr.

I drifted back asleep to enjoy some more rest. I awoke for the second time as we descended past the unmistakeable large expansive of Kaipara Harbour on the west coast of Northland. There was enough time for a couple of coffees as we flew past the city, and then turned back to land towards the west. We touched down somewhat late and pulled into pier B as usual.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines
First Class menu
Singapore to Auckland
January 2012

Singapore Airlines invites you to celebrate the Lunar New Year festivities with a lavish spread of delicacies,

Indulge your palate with a delectable menu that's specially crafter by our International Culinary Panel to usher in Spring.

Every dish is a skilful blend of flavours that brings to mind the abundance of the festive season.

Complementing your meal is a premium selection of wines chosen by our international connoisseurs for a fitting toast to another great year of happiness, good health and great fortune.

Happy Lunar New Year & Bon Appetit

Supper

Create your gastronomic experience from our selection of tantalising options.

Appetisers

Fa Cai Yu Sheng
Prosperity New Year Salad with salmon to usher in the "Year of the Dragon"

Warm roasted fig salad with smoked bacon, frisee and lemon oil

Soups

Cauliflower soup with seared diver scallop, leek and lemon oil

Double boiled pork, lotus root, peanuts and red dates soup

Main Courses

Roasted Maine lobster with lobster sauce, fava bea, corn kernel and chanterelle mushrooms

Wok fried beef in Oriental black peppercorn sauce, vegetables and fried rice

Grilled lime flavoured chicken with vegetable medley and mousseline potatoes

Prosperity pork with clam sauce, happy reunion vegetable and three treasures fried rice

Cheeses

Selection of brie, mild cheddar, true blue and smokey pepper cheeses served with garnishes

Fruits

Fresh fruits in season

Finale

A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas

Light Bites

Should you fancy a little snack or something more substantial, simply make your selection known to our crew, during the flight.

Noodles

Instant chicken noodle or flavour of the month

Vegetarian and non vegetarian instant noodles

Sandwiches

Soya chicken with pickled ginger in ciabatta

Smoked salmon with tapenade in focaccia

Roasted vegetable and cheddar cheese in onion ciabatta

Snacks

Cashew nuts, honeyed walnuts or macadamia nuts

Chocolate bar

Potato chips

Savoury snacks

A selection from the fruit basket

Assorted walkers biscuit

Breakfast

Start your day on the right note, with a wholesome breakfast of your choice.

To Start With

A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed orange juice

Fruits

Fresh fruit plate

Starters

Choice of cereals or yoghurt
Kellogg's Special "K" with milk or Birchermuesli
Plain or fruit yoghurt

Wholesome Beginnings

Mee siam
Malay style spiced rice vermicelli in tamarind gravy with prawn, eggs and chives shoot
A popular Singaporean dish

Selection of dim sum
Pork congee, seafood beancurd roll, siew mai, har kow and lotus leaf rice

Breakfast steak
With baked egg, herb jus, roasted tomato and roesti potatoes

Fresh eggs prepared on-board (boiled, baked or scrambled)
With your choice of bacon, smoked salmon, vine ripened tomato and mushrooms

From the Bakery

Assorted breakfast pastries and bread with butter, jam, marmalade or honey

Finale

A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas

Champagnes and Wines

Champagnes

Dom Pérignon 2000
Named after the monk in charge of the cellars at the Abbey of Hautvillers at the end of the 17th century who is credited with having "invented" Champagne, Cuvee Dom Perignon has an almost mystical reputation. According to the brilliant winemaker-in-chief Richard Geoffroy, quality is based on harmony, a perfect blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes where nothing is lost and everything comes together. The 2000 vintage shows the proof of this to perfection.

Krug Grande Cuvee
Founded in Reims in 1843, the House of Krug is now managed by the 5th and 6th generations of the Krug family. Rigorous selection and care go into every detail of the “multi-vintage” Grand Cuvée, which offers a magical combination of aromatic complexity, power and finesse with a long, lingering finish. Krug is the ultimate experience in champagne.

White Wines

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2010 Marlborough
Cloudy Bay is arguably New Zealand's most famous winery. Since its first vintage in 1986, Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc has excited wine drinkers the world over with its racy freshness and zingy flavours and well deserves its cult status. Sauvignon Blanc grown in Marlborough in the South Island is highly distinctive wine style and has played a major role in establishing New Zealand on the international wine stage.

Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2007 William Fevre
The most prestigious vineyards in this famous appellation are all clustered around the historic town of Chablis in northern Burgundy, where only Chardonnay vines may be planted on the chalky clay and limestone soil to produce these wines of pronounced floral fruit, with hints of apple on the palate with a refreshing mineral finish. 2007 was an excellant vintage for Chablis and at three years old this Premier Cru is at its best.

Red Wines

2004 Chateau Leoville-Poyferre Saint-Julien Bordeaux, France
This splendid estate covering 80 hectares of vines in the best part of the Medoc, was names as a Second Growth in the famous classification of the best Bordeaux wines in 1855 and has retained this high status ever since. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot are harvested at their peak of ripeness to make this classic "Bordeaux Blend". Deep carmine-ruby in colour, with fragrantly intense aromas of red and black berries, the rich concentration of fruit on the palate is balanced by an elegantly firm finish. It is eminently suited to white and red meats and of course perfect with cheese.

Mitolo Reiver 2006 Shiraz Barossa, Australia
The Barossa Valley is known internationally for classic "Aussie" Shiraz. These wines are rich and full-bodied with a characteristic soft finish. Mitolo is a partnership between Frank Mitolo and cult winemaker Ben Glaetzer. The grapes come from low yielding single vineyard in Greenock in the northern part of the Barossa - average vine age is 60 years. This vibrant red wine has great concentration and spice. The palate has a wonderful velvety texture and suppleness and successfully combines power with softness. Pairs very well with richly flavoured red meats.

Corton Clos Des Cortons Faiveley 2007 Faiveley
Clear bright ruby, fine aromas of red berry fruit lead to well-extracted cherry fruit on the palate with evidence of oak in the tannic structure, quite robust flavours in the true Corton style, just beginning to open out and with a long life in front of it

Sweet White

Chateau Filhot 2009 Sauternes
With south-west facing vines surrounding one of the most impressive 18th century Bordeaux Chateaux, Filhot was classified a top Second Growth in 1855 and subsequent generations of the Comte de Vaucelles family have maintained the reputation. Bright yellow-gold with floral aromas that contain white summer fruits, honey and a touch of citrus, the rich sweetness on the plate is lifted by natural acidity to give beautiful length and balance.

Port

Graham’s 20 Year Old Tawny Port Portugal
This magnificent port is made from wines of the very highest quality from Graham’s estates in the Douro region of northern Portugal. The black-red of the young wines takes on a light red/tawny colour, while the nose shows raisiny fruit with hints of orange peel and spice. On the palate it is rich and nutty, with a wonderful warmth of flavour and lingering aftertaste.

Cocktails

Mix of the Month

Apple Bliss
A tantalizing refreshing of apple juices and bitter lemon mixed with 7-Up

Singapore Airlines’ Unique Creations

Silver Kris Sling
One of our special touches made with gin, Cointreau and orange and pineapple juice, topped with champagne

Alspritizer
A sparkling mix of vodka shaken with apple juice and 7-Up

Jubilee Lining
A zesty cocktail created with Cointreau, Vodka, pineapple juice, topped with soda

Kris in Love
A delightful concoction of white wine stirred with 7-Up

Rumba
An exotic thirst quencher of rum mixed with pineapple juice and 7-Up

Skyhigh
An invigorating recipe featuring vodka, Cointreau, lemon, topped with 7-Up

Golden Spice
A refreshing, zesty mix with lime cordial, given a spicy relish through equal parts of pineapple juice and ginger ale

Awaiting the Golden Dawn
A healthy, refreshing mix of pineapple, tomato and orange juice

Tropical Fizz
An invigorating concoction of pineapple juice and bitter lemon

All-Time Favourites

Singapore Sling
Synonymous with the Lion City since the early 1900s, this classic cocktail is made with dry gin, Dom Benedictine, cherry brandy, Angostura bitters and grenadine, mixed with lime and pineapple juice

Bloody Mary
A classic blend of vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice with a dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce

Fruit Spritzer
A simple yet delightfully refreshing mix of apple juice and 7-Up

Citrus Royale
A thirst quencher made from orange juice and pineapple juices mixed with lime cordial and 7-Up

Appetising Aperitifs

Campari

Dry Vermouth

Spirits

Spirits

Macallan 12 years old Single Malt Whisky
A time-honoured distillation process and the traditional skills of master craftsmen create a satisfyingly complex single malt characterised by a full-bodied flavour with hints of dried fruit and spice

Cognac XO – Hennessy

Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Belvedere Vodka

Bacardi Superior

Liqueurs

Cointreau

Baileys Original Irish Cream

Beer

Steinlager

Beverages

Enjoy the invigorating aroma and rich flavour from our selection of the finest brew.

Gourmet Coffees

Brazil Santos Bourbon
Coffee connoisseurs are sure to appreciate this smooth nutty coffee - the pick of the Brazilian crop.
aroma 4 body 3 acidity 2

Colombian Supremo
Good, all-rounded coffee with light body, balanced acidity and a smooth, rounded flavour that leaves a clean aftertaste.
aroma 3 body 3 acidity 3

Jamaican Blue Mountain
Often called the champagne of coffee, this full bodied classic is rich in aroma and flavour, yet perfectly balanced
aroma 5 body 5 acidity 2

Kenyan AA "Kilimanjaro"
It takes that magical combination of temperate climate and volcanic soil to produce this medium bodied coffee with a sharp, intense flavour and rich aftertaste
aroma 5 body 4 acidity 4

Aroma defines the fragrant scent that the coffee emits when it is just poured.
Body defines the physicality of the coffee when it is in your mouth.
Acidity defines the sharpness of flavour that the coffee has when tasted.

Enjoy a selection of hot and cold beverages, anytime you wish. Simply let us know your preference.

Specialty Coffees

Brewed Coffee
Our exclusive blend of coffee, freshly brewed

Cafe Royal
Lightly sweetened coffee with a touch of XO brandy

Espresso
A single shot of premium coffee, the gourmet's choice

Cappuccino
An all time favourite, espresso enriched with an abundance of foamed milk

Cafe Latte
Mild espresso topped with steamed milk and a dash of foam

Cafe au Lait
A double espresso topped with steamed milk

Decaffeinated Coffee
A full-flavoured alternative without caffeine

Mocha
A delicious combination of coffee, milk and chocolate

Other Beverages

Chocolate
An ideal treat of smooth rich cocoa and milk

Ovaltine
A nutritious chocolate malt drink

Milo
A nutritious drink for that extra energy

International Teas

Royal Darjeeling
An exquisite black tea that develops remarkable overtones of ripe apricots

Nuwara Ellya OP Ceylon
An Orange Pekoe black tea renowned for its light and generous complexity

Earl Grey
A legendary classic blend of black tea richly infused with the finest TWG Tea bergamot

English Breakfast Tea
A timeless classic black tea with an invigorating full bodied and robust flavour

Singapore Breakfast Tea
An exclusive TWG Tea blend of green tea, black tea, vanilla and spices that boasts a sweet, lingering aftertaste

Paris-Singapore Tea
A distinguished green tea blended with fragrant cherry blossoms and red fruits

Alfonso Fruit Tea
A magnificent alliance of black tea, rare mango and a secret combination of TWG Tea fruits and flowers

Moroccan Mint Tea
A perfect blend of delicate green tea and strong Sahara mint

Chamomile
Soft and soothing chamomile flowers yielding a golden, caffeine-free cup

Decaffeinated Earl Grey
A caffeine-free black tea alternative infused with TWG Tea bergamot

In-House Tea Selection

Asian Teas*

Indian Masala Tea
Fragrant traditional Indian herb tea with a hint of spice

Sencha
Japanese Green tea with a delicate aroma and a fresh, clean taste

Chinese Teas

Jasmine
An aromatic green tea, scented with jasmine flowers

Oolong
A smooth tea featuring a distinctive fragrance of orchids

* Available hot or with ice

Cool Refreshments

Mineral Water

Sparkling

Still

Fruit Juices

Apple

Orange

Pineapple

Tomato

Soft Drinks

Bitter Lemon

Coke

Coke Light / Coke Zero

Ginger Ale

7-Up

Milk

Full Cream

Low Fat

SQ285NA SIN-AKL (S1F) 14-1.1 01-02 FC

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 4, 2012 at 4:39 am
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Auckland transit #4

It took a while for the airbridge to connect. My comfortable connection was now shortish so I rushed to immigration & through smartgate. A bit of a queue at customs but again bypass the x-ray. I don't like the new(ish) landside layout for international arrivals - to get to transfer desk you have to fight way past the drivers who sometimes overspill their dedicated area, and through the throngs of friends and family who think it is their right to block access past for anyone daring to connect.

rant off

I picked up my boarding pass for the onward flight. It was well after cut-off for the domestic transfer desk (transfer desk check in closes 1 hour before departure) but since I have no bags to check it was okay. Rush across to domestic dodging the misty rain drops along the way. I popped into the lounge to grab a newspaper for the flight but !@#$% cost-cutting means there are only 5 newspapers bound with a big stick for reading in the lounge only (if you can find a table big enough).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Auckland transit #4

I popped into the lounge to grab a newspaper for the flight but !@#$% cost-cutting means there are only 5 newspapers bound with a big stick for reading in the lounge only (if you can find a table big enough).
Yes another cost cutting measure and I notice beverages are not the same extensive range as they used to be, of course this could have been holiday cut backs.....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:41 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

AUCKLAND to WELLINGTON (AKL-WLG) on 737-300 in economy space+

A full flight. I fell asleep during the remix safety video incorporating "nothing to hide" & "fit to fly". I awoke when we touched down in Wellington.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Yes another cost cutting measure and I notice beverages are not the same extensive range as they used to be, of course this could have been holiday cut backs.....
Same here. I thought I had missed something. No spirits in domestic Koru or AKL International a week ago, or at least I couldn't find them. No Bloody Marys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.