Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

First time to Tokyo on JAL J, suite at IC ANA Tokyo + CX, BA and JL lounges @ SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time to Tokyo on JAL J, suite at IC ANA Tokyo + CX, BA and JL lounges @ SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:14 pm
aw
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
JAL 2 HND - SFO
EQP- 772 Seat 1A
J/C - Dept. 0005 Arriv. 1630-1

Boarding was announced and I headed to the gate which was conveniently located right by the lounge. As luck would have it I was selected for secondary when my boarding pass was scanned and I was shown to a corner of the gate manned by a male and female agent. The lady asked me to place my carry-on on top of a table and proceeded to swab my hands. Afterwards the swabbed sample was inserted into a machine and I was cleared to go. At the door of the plane the purser welcomed me onboard and I soon settled into seat 1A. The amount of legroom was quite generous and I am sure that these seats are easily the favorites for many frequent flyers. A small plastic kit with basic toiletries and a pair of slippers were already in the seat pockets.

A few minutes later I noticed an inebriated passenger who stumbled on his way while boarding the plane. He then sat across on seat 1H with an empty seat next to him. I was surprised that this gentleman made it past the gate but I guess he was not that drunk to fly. To his credit this passenger behaved rather well going to sleep right after take off without bothering anyone and waking up shortly before touchdown. In the meantime, FA's offered magazines and newspapers.

The door was shut and FA's prepared the cabin for departure. A few minutes after take off beverages and menus were passed. Due to the late nature of our departure there was a short snack service followed by a Japanese or Western breakfast set before arrival. In the meantime, one could order anything from the "anytime you wish to eat" menu if you can't sleep and feel like eating something "substantial". After the quick snack service FA's took orders for breakfast and lights were dimmed to maximize sleep.

MENU

Late Night Snack

Crabmeat salad & smoked salmon on baguette
Dried beef & ratatouille on whole wheat baguette
Marinated vegetables & cherry tomato on ripe olive

ANYTIME YOU WISH

Order in the Sky

Fried egg balls with octopus
Snow crabmeat flakes on steamed rice

Mariage - for the side of your favorite wine -

Assorted cheese

Sky Bistro

Tokyo Curry Lab - Japanese vegetable curry with steamed rice
Fresh seasonal salad with Caesar dressing
Beef stew - specialty created by chef Mamoru Kataoka, Restaurant "Al Porto"

Sora Men Tei

Chinese "ramen" noodles in soy sauce flavored soup
Japanese hot "udon" noodles with edible wild plants

Boulangerie

Sandwich with deep fried breaded shrimp
Panini sandwich with ham & cheese

Dolce

Dean & Deluca super premium vanilla ice cream - exclusive for Japan Airlines
Petit Four

JAPANESE

So-choshoku
Breakfast for refreshing awakening.

Sicilian blood orange juice

Selection of nine seasonal colorful delicacies in "Kobachi" bowls

Perfect with Sake & Wine (top 3 dishes)

Seaweed Jelly & Mackarel flakes w/persimmon sauce - Seared Alfonsino "sashimi" rolled w/turnip - Simmered Prawn w/egg yolk

Cold Seasonal Delicacies (middle 3 dishes)

Simmered dried young sardines w/spicy cod roe and pickled plum - Poached Winter Vegetables - Simmered Radish & Fried Bean Curd

Hot, Savory Delicacies (bottom 3 dishes)

Braised "Kagoshima" Beef w/grated radish - Steamed egg custard w/crabmeat sauce - Steamed Prawn ball rolled with cabbage

Steamed Rice

Miso Soup

Green Tea

Western

Sicilian blood orange juice

Assorted Fresh Fruits

Caspian Sea Yogurt with Honey

Mixed Mushroom Quiche
Accompanied by Grilled Fruit Tomato & Sauteed Japanese Pork Bacon

Bread of MAISON KAYSER

"Hokkaido" Butter Blueberry Jam

Coffee/Tea/Herbal Tea

Amazing legroom from seat 1A

Snack

Octopus balls with vanilla ice cream and petit fours

Blood orange juice

Japanese breakfast

The flight was uneventful and FA's once again provided superb service with a professional and attentive disposition. I even saw them still serving passengers within 30 minutes from landing.

In closing I encourage everyone to visit Tokyo at least once. It is a fascinating metropolis that does not disappoint and one that has truly earned its place as one of the greatest cities in the world.

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting.

Last edited by aw; Feb 1, 2012 at 9:35 pm
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Awesome pics, thanks, I really enjoyed your report

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.