Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX-OGG J/F - AA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2004, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Plat
JFK-LAX-OGG J/F - AA

A very long and tiring day ended happily as we are finally here in Maui. It all started with a call at 1 AM to inform us that our 8 AM flight from LGA to ORD was cancelled and we were rebooked on the 8:30 AM flight. Bad weather in Chicago last night and now fog and rain in NY. Other than the unexpected wake up, all was okay. We arrived at the airport at 6:45 AM, checked in and went to Au Bon Pain for coffee. The monitor now displays flight delayed until 9 AM. Uh Oh. We proceed to our gate and get in line at the desk. The flight now states a 9:30 AM departure; we will have missed our connection in Chicago. Get to the front and state our case, we could be rebooked through LAX, with the bad news that we now have to retrieve our bags and proceed to JFK. Okay, as we are waiting for our checked luggage to appear, I notice on the rebooked tickets that our flight from JFK to LAX is scheduled for 9 AM even though we were told that we were booked on the noon flight. While my husband waits for the bags to appear, back upstairs I go to straighten out the flight. Another 20 minutes and we are correctly booked on the 12 PM flight JFK to LAX. Go back to baggage claim and continue to wait for the final bag containing our snorkel equipment. It arrives 20 minutes later and we get a taxi to JFK. The one nice thing about traveling on a weekend is the traffic on the belt parkway is not bad. We arrive at JFK at a cost of $25 (with tip), very good! \

March 6, 2004
Flight 3
JFK – LAX
Class J
Seats 10DG

The lunch menu today was as follows:

To Start – Warm mixed nuts to accompany your preferred Cocktail or Beverage
Appetizer Salad – Smoked Salmon accompanied by a Cherry Tomato and Green Been Romano Salad, season mixed Greens with Cracked Black Pepper and Romano Cheese Dressing or Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

Bread Basket – Cheese or Sourdough Rolls

Entrées –
Wild Mushroom Fettuccine – Pasta tossed with a creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce and garnished with sun-dried Tomatoes

Cornbread-Crusted Chicken – Tender Chicken Breast with a Cornbread Crust served over Green Beans and Shallots with Garlic Sauce complemented by a Tomato Dipping Sauce

Gourmet Salad (this was a true winner) – Chilled slices of Chateaubriand and Breast of Chicken presented with a Salad of fresh tender Baby Greens, Asparagus Tips and oven-dried Tomatoes, enhanced by Balsamic Vinaigrette. Also a wedge of Brie.

Dessert:
Brownie Cheesecake
Scoop of Blue Bell Premium Ice Cream (mocha almond)

Graham’s Six Grapes Port NV

Water was passed out with dessert and that was the end of the service for the day.

Very disappointing that there are no more “fresh baked” cookies served on this flight.

Flight 161
LAX – OGG
Class F
Seats 2 HJ

We are held at the gate as the logbook has to been retrieved from the maintenance facility. This takes between ½ and ¾ hour. We finally push back.

This was an uneventful flight. The food was exactly the same as Carfield described in his report. As we were the last choice in food, the choices were pasta and the dreaded shrimp/scallop combo. If given the choice, flying J to the west coast and then connecting to Hawaii provides the better meals.

We arrive on time and finally begin our vacation. The moral is in the winter do not fly out of LGA and do not connect through ORD.

Old Mar 13, 2004, 8:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Sounds like the first meal service was pretty good though...Hope you enjoy the islands as much as I always have.

Love & Aloha to you.

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, LMT
volunteer trip reports moderator
Old Mar 15, 2004, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
What a great menu, JFK-LAX! I'll have to remember to upgrade that segment. Looks like AA's really improved their catering!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.