Wiki Posts
Search

CX 101 First Class HKG-SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

CX 101 First Class HKG-SYD

HKG-SYD CX first class.
As part of my Qantas Platinum recertification I decided that this flight looked great. CX 101 leaves at 11:45 PM and since I was coming in from NRT, the connection was excellent.
As many of you know the HKG airport for One World Emerald members is a Mecca. The Pier and Wing are the finest lounges in my opinion in the world. The food and drink not to mention the cabanas and showers and great internet access is not to be believed. I arrived from CX 505 from NRT and quickly went to the Pier for a bite and a diet coke. I had just 50 minutes but HKG airport is so efficient with their transfer protocols, that there was plenty of time to visit the Pier. Food this evening included sushi, leg of lamb, assorted dim sum, chicken Wellington and various salads and desserts. Also full bar of course ……

Boarding
CX101 is operated by an airbus with 3 classes of service. First and Business were packed, as the long line to board showed. I was led to my seat 2A by a really lovely FA. At my seat were Shanghai Tang brown pajamas, an amenity kit, and a wonderful scallop and vegetable appetizer. There were 8 seats in the first class compartment . The seats were the best part of the trip as they were so conducive to sleeping, eating or just watching a video. The video system was AVOD and it was terrific. There were a choice of 20 movies as well as sitcoms and documentaries. I was a bit tired coming in from NRT and felt that after dinner a rest was probably in order. Once again it is incredible to see the difference in service on an Asian airline versus a US carrier. There were 2 FA for 8 passengers, and they were fantastic. They were always asking if there was anything that they could do for us and could they bring us more food…

Menu
Caviar and Balik Salmon Delight
Oscietra Caviar and Balik Salmon “Tsar Nicolaj” served with Warm New Potatoes and Crème Fraiche

SUPPER
Light Option
Fresh Mushroom Soup served with Mini garlic Baguette
Green Salad with Feta Cheese served with Cider Vinegar and Honey Dressing

Main Courses
Grilled Prawn and Scallop Brochette with Lemon Basil Butter served with Dill Potato and Young Vegetables
Garganelli with Olive, Caper and Tomato Sauce

Snack
Asparagus and Artichoke Quiche with Salad served with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Cheese Board

Haagen Dazs Ice Cream

CHINESE FAVOURITES
Stir Fried Chicken and Abalone served with Steamed Rice and Choy Sum
Noodle in Soup with Shrimp Wonton
Seafood Congee accompanied by Spring Onion Pancake
Imperial Fried Lotus Root, Snap Pease, Asparagus, and Ginko Nut served with Stir-fried E-fu Noodles and Vegetables

Black Glutinous rice soup dessert

Bread Basket
Tea and Coffee

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Juice Selection
Fresh Seasonal Fruits
Yoghurt Selection
Cereals including Muesli, Corn Flakes or Rice Crispies

Main Course
Eggs-----Freshly Scrambled, Fried or Boiled served with Lamb Noisette, Back Bacon and Chicken Sausage, Fried Potatoes, Broiled Tomato with Parsley and Fresh Mushrooms

From the Bakery
Croissant, Chocolate Muffin, Swiss Cinnamon Roll, Japanese Soft Roll, Wasa cracker and fresh toast

Tea and Coffee

CHAMPAGNE
Cuvee William Deutz 1995
WHITE WINES
Freycinet Vineyard Chardonnay 2000
Chartron et Trebychet Puligny Montrachet 1999

RED WINES
Chateau Lynch Bages 1997
Willespie Shiraz 1998
Tignanello 1999

After the VERY brief meal, 6 out of 8 of the passenger including myself turned the lights out, and slipped into slumber…. However, the rest was brief, as breakfast was served 90 minutes before landing on this short 8 hour 30 minute flight time. Landing was on time…..next report SYD-LAX QF first class

Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Fully agree with your report. My partner and I flew this segment in September and thought it was one of the best of our 4 CX segments. I think the A340-600 F Cabin is really conducive to the premium cabin experience. 2 FA's for 8 pax, great AVOD, great seats....a super experience! We had actually spent the day in HKG and didn't go to the Pier - just hung out in The Wing.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Super report here...loved it...

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, LMT
volunteer trip reports moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.