Search

LAX-NRT-BKK-PVG-SFO-LAX. NH/TG/UA F/C

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
LAX-NRT-BKK-PVG-SFO-LAX. NH/TG/UA F/C

This was a great *A award. Two tickets for 120K miles, including a destination in BKK and and stopover in PVG. Here we go.

NH # 5 LAX-NRT. First Class (744, old configuration)
We got to LAX two hours before the flight. This being just a few days before Christmas, the airport was a zoo. But check-in was easy and pleasant. I love travel. My partner loves being at the destination. This makes for two M.O.'s when it comes to airports. I wanted to get through secuirty and go lounge hopping. He wanted to get a bite at the grill. He won! About 1 hour before the flight, we headed to security. The line was insane. Took 35 minutes to get to the front. TSA was very busy examining little old ladies. Go figure!

We got to the gate (no lounge hopping) just as they called F. Even though these were the old seats, they were still quite comfy. No pre-departure beverage. F/A told partner he couldn't use cell phone (even though doors were still open).

Once in the air, luzury began. We each got a nice NH sweater, menus, headphones, and large heated towels. In each menu was a personalized note from the chief purser. Nice touch! Very extensive menu, including:

Caviar
Foie Gras
Smoked Salmon

Grilled Tenderloin
Lobster
Lamb Chops (my pick, and they were succulent!)

Ice cream
Cappuccino mouse
Pecan Tart
Fruit and Cheese

Kaiseki course

Throughout the flight, we could order from a menu of about 30 items, ranging from noodles to chicken curry to cheesecake to hot dogs to cornflakes to quiche and on and on. It was a huge eat-fest if we so chose.

AVOD was great. Lots of good movies and shows.

Only bad part of the trip was parking at a remote gate at NRT. But we had a separate bus that whisked us to the terminal. We checked in for our connecting flight to BKK and relaxed in the lounge for a short while.

Now the NH NRT lounge is nothing to write home about. Not much in food offerings. But we were only there 15 minutes before we headed to the gate.

NRT-BKK NH ? Business Class (744, New Configuration)
We pretty much slept this flight. We were on the upper deck. The seats are new style. Didn't love them, but they worked, as we both found it easy to sleep. Then again, we were tired! There was a chicken/ fish/ beef choice, and I chose the chicken, which was fine. Later in the flight, the F/A offered ice cream which really hit the spot. Landing was smoothe, and we got through immigration at BKK in no time at all.

Up next, TG C and UA F.....
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:00 am

Great start to a great report.... Incidentally how did you swing a *A award for TWO for 120K?? Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTW4:
Great start to a great report.... Incidentally how did you swing a *A award for TWO for 120K?? Thanks</font>
120K each.

More to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.