Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-BOS AA first class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 8:07 am
Original Poster

LAX-BOS AA first class

Departure
Our family and I arrived at LAX with three hours to spare. There was absolutely no traffic and we were amazed. We arrived at terminal 4 where we unloaded our baggage and checked in. Now for thoses of our who live in the LA area the new American check in counters are fabulous. Being an EXP there is a separate line for check in for JUST EXP and AAirpass members. It took literally 5 minutes to check in. Also there are separate security lines for first class and business class passengers. It really was a breeze and it was just 10 minutes from check in to past the security lines. LAX however was quite crowded inside.
The ADMIRALS CLUB AT LAX
For many of us the new AC at LAX is a really fantastic place to relax, have a drink, and get ready for our flight. Today however, my entire family and I were given white credit card type passes to enter the new FLAGSHIP LOUNGE inside the AC. We were all in the first class section of the 767-300 to BOS and because of my EXP status the kind agent let us all in. This haven is really excellent. Not only is it quite beautiful, but the food selections are really great. For the breakfast selections they had fresh fruit, great muffins. bagels croissants, and excellent butters, jams and cream cheese. For the lunch hour these selections were changed to mozarella and pesto sandwiches on foccacia bread,chicken salad sandwiches, crudite, smoked salmon and some great cakes and cookies. I was impressed. Sad to say however that the good times ended here, as the flight was a MAJOR disaapointment.

THE FLIGHT
We arrived at gate 49A and quickly boarded. THe new configs of the 767-300 have been discussed before. Briefly there are 30 first class seats in a 2-2-2 config. Gone is the transcon premium service to BOS. I have been travelling so much to JFK that I expected the first class service to to somewhat like business class toe JFK.....NOT SO!
No pre flight water or OJ was served. NO MENUS..unlike the business class service to JFK where both menus and preflight drinks were present.
The flight was typical AA. Great FA, excellent seat pitch, but.... the food was so bad..Here is the menu

WARM NUTS and cocktails

3 shrimp with cocktail sauce
Spinach Salad with choice of peppercorn dressing or vinegarette.
I have never seen shrimp that were ice cold and BLUE. No one in their right mind would even touch these things.... Also the bread was so stale that I saw a passenger actually demonstrate to his seat mate the "hardness" of the rolls by bouncing the roll on his dinner plate.
The spinach salad was a joke. ON a small plate there were literally 4-5 pieces of spinach leaves with brown edges. Enough said ...

THE MAIN COURSE
A choice of
Lobster Salad
Herb chicken
Fettucine with a mushroom sauce.
My wife and I have the lobster salad. Not only did the lobster not cut with a knife but thoses same blue shrimp were on the lobster plate. I am telling all of my FT colleagues..I have flown quite a bit and I have never seen such food. To eat it would be a real challange. I tried the lobster and it was like eating rubber ( have never tried to eat rubber however )

As bad as the main dish was the dessert was the worst part of the menu. Usually I love the ice cream sundae on aa flights.. but for this flight the ice cream was not only frozen, but the entire glass was filled with ice crystals and the ice cream once melter tasted RANCID. The couple across the aisle actually said something to the FA. I hope that this flight was an aberration.....
Movie was PIRATES of THE CARIBBEAN... But I brought my SONY VAIO and watched my own DVD selections....The nice thing about AA is the POWER PORTS which I loved.
Incidentally flight time was 4 hours and 35 minutes.
I guess that I am so disapointed that AA re configured these flights to exclude Premium Services. The service to JFK is so fantastic. I guess the BOS passengers will have to lament the demise of "real" first class on AA forever..How sad. Oh well how about LAX-JFK-BOS next time? HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:33 pm
Suspended

BOS used to fly 763-200 3-Class planes back in the AA profit days, however 763-300's were always 2-Class, which you had. The 757's are worse.

For the catering, airlines have no excuse to do what you claimed. Unfortunately it never changes. Road Warriors know what planes to book, now-a-days.

I hope AA expands their 767-200 and 777 planes and just dump the 757's and 767-300's all together.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.