some Hong Kong basic questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

some Hong Kong basic questions

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
A recommendation for a good 3* hotel is the JJ Hotel in Wan Chai.

The rooms are quite large, immaculately clean, ok sized bathrooms (not small) with a good shower, plenty of clean towels, great storage space and a safe in the room. Air con works well and large king beds (separated for two twins).

There are no amenities such as pool, and the hotel is located on floors 9-12 of a larger building.

I have stayed in many properties around the same price range (HKD700 a night) and this is by far the best... I now only stay elsewhere if I don't book far enough in advance and it's full (which is almost always).

It is easy to get to with airport express followed by taxi. And ding ding (the tram) is a one minute walk away to get into Central.

Only downside is that the bathroom has glass walls. There is a blind which can be lowered, but there are still cracks at the side... so if you were travelling with someone you were not quite on those terms with it might not be so comfortable
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
A recommendation for a good 3* hotel is the JJ Hotel in Wan Chai...I have stayed in many properties around the same price range (HKD700 a night) and this is by far the best...

It is easy to get to with airport express followed by taxi. And ding ding (the tram) is a one minute walk away to get into Central.
Thanks for the suggestion, I have booked my air travel and will have 2 nights and one day in HongKong, arriving fairly late (22:30) after a LONG trip. So ideally I would like to find a place that is fast to get to (i.e. near airport express), has a continental breakfast included, and also is near departures of tourist tours (as this is what I would like to do on my day). Ideally below HKD700/night. I may be asking for too much, but hope you have some suggestions.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by Merlin666
Thanks for the suggestion, I have booked my air travel and will have 2 nights and one day in HongKong, arriving fairly late (22:30) after a LONG trip. So ideally I would like to find a place that is fast to get to (i.e. near airport express), has a continental breakfast included, and also is near departures of tourist tours (as this is what I would like to do on my day). Ideally below HKD700/night. I may be asking for too much, but hope you have some suggestions.
What specific dates?

And if you're thinking about a group tour, please reconsider. Hong Kong is best explored on your own, not with a tour. And breakfast should be way on the list of things to consider when finding a hotel in Hong Kong.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by rkkwan
What specific dates?
The days before x-mas eve ...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Merlin666
pretty easy to get to JJ - airport express train to Central, then taxi from the arrival platform to the hotel - about 10 minutes and 30HKD.

I believe tours may leave from the Charterhouse Hotel which is about 50 metres up the road from the JJ.

JJ doesn't have a continental breakfast included, but I think you can now order for about USD6.

I have stayed in lots of hotels for the 700 range - the JJ is by far the best in terms of room size and quality. Plus a good location, and ding ding just 1 minute walk away. Only downside is no pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.