Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 40 LAX-JFK TRANSCON PREMIUM CLASS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

AA 40 LAX-JFK TRANSCON PREMIUM CLASS

Well I will start this report with telling everyone that AA transcon from LAX-JFK three class service is alive and well and hope you enjoy this report.

ARRIVAL AT LAX
I arrived at LAX at 8AM for the 10AM flight . This flight was part of a BA award ticket from LAX-JFk-LHR-NRT. I will report on other segments later. I checked in in the first class line at LAX. The lines for coach were out the door and were so long that I thought I was in the Southwet terminal. Even the first class line was long. Many people going to DFW and ORD at this time of the morning. I had a very nice check in agent who assigned my seat 2D. For those not familiar with the first class section of the 767-200 this seat is the ONLY solo seat in first or business on the plane. I love this seat because it is very private...
Headed through security which took no time as there was an elite line that I went through. One thing I make sure of now..I always take off my shoes and belt before I go throught the security machine. AA 40 was to depart from gate 42B. AC is near gate 45. Headed on into the AC where I immediately set up my Mac for wireless internet. HOW SWEET IT IS! After approximately 45 minutes I headed down to the gate where the aircraft for our flight was not yet at the gate. However within five minutes our aircraft was at the gate.
Boarding was quick with all first and business class passengers boarding first. For all who are unfamiliar with the LAX-JFK transcons, these are all three class of service flights. I arrived on the aircraft and took my seat . Before I even sat down I was approached by the FA who asked to take my jacket, and offered me either OJ, water, or Domaine Chandon sparkling wine. Boarding took less than five minutes. The first class seats were the brown sheepskin seats. Business class seats were the " blue seats."
The entiire plane was full. Taxi was quick and soon we were airborne. DVD players were given out to eachh first class passenger with an excellent selection of DVDs including present day flicks, James Bond flicks, old thrillers and travel DVD. The selection was varied and excellent. The menu for the flight was then handed out:

Sparkling Wine
Domaine Chandon

White Wines
Raymond California chardonnay
Buena Vista California Sauvignon Blanc

Red Wines
Rodney Strong Alden Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Villa Mt. Eden Old Vines California Zinfadel

Dessert Wine
Graham's Six Grapes Port NV
LUNCH

Appetizers
To Start
Warm Nuts or Fresh vegetables and dip to accompany your preferred Cocktail

The Salad Cart
Seasonal Mixed Greens with Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette or creamy Garlic dill Dressing
Thinly sliced smoked Salmon with Lemon Wedges
Spicy Thai chicken
Oven roasted vegetable salad

Bread Basket

ENTREES
Pumpkin Chipotle Shrimp
Shrimpflavored in a spicy Pumpkin chipotle Sauce complemented bt French Green Beans witn Red Bell Peppers and Corn Rice Pilaf

Wild Mushroom Lasgne
Lasagne Noodles layered with Cremini and Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach and cheese, enhanced by a roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto Sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Grilled Citrus fillet
Grilled Beef accented by a Thyme demi-Glace accompanied by Broccolini with Butter and Horseradish mashed potatoes

Chicken Caesar Salad
Oven roasted chicken served over romaine Lettuce accompanied by creamy Caesar dressing and Parmesan Cheese

THE DESSERT CART
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
or
Blue Bell Homemade vanilla Ice Cream with a choice of Hot fudge, Butterscotch or seasonal Fruit toppings and fresh whipped cream

Cordials

I had the fabulous salad and the shrimp. Excellent food and fantastic service. This was one of the best transcon flights that I have ever had. Fliying time was only 4 hours and forty minutes. By the time that I finished the meal and one DVD, we were at JFK at gate 48. Premium Class is still wonderful on AA even though there are no pre landing chocolate chip cookies....... Until next time
Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Big hug to you RTW4 - this was excellent...

Mahalo,

------------------
Patrick A. Inouye, LMT
volunteer trip reports moderator
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Thanks for the trip report. Glad to see that AA can still take care of their passengers.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Wow - UA Transcon can not hold a candle to AA
Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
"Grilled Citrus fillet
Grilled Beef accented by a Thyme demi-Glace accompanied by Broccolini with Butter and Horseradish mashed potatoes"
I had that entre on AA 133 in Business Class, I think you made a wise choice as I didn't taste any Thyme-Demi Glaze. Great report, I want more!

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:20 pm

Too bad about the cookies, though. I used to really enjoy those -- including seconds, thirds, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.