Part 4: Macau
Part 5: DL HKG-NRT BusinessElite
Part 6: DL NRT-JFK BusinessElite

DELTA AIRLINES 738
Aircraft:777-ER
Seat: 7A
Business Elite
Depart: Hong kong airport(HKG)
Arrive: Tokyo Narita international airport(NRT)
Sched.departure:8:05am Actual Departure: 8:00am
Sched.Arrival:1:15pm Actual arrival: 12:50pm

5am wake up, I woke to my last harbor view of hong kong from the W Hotel. I will miss the W. One of the great advantages of staying at the W hotel, the Kowloon station is located right underneath the hotel in the Elements mall. This is one thing Hong Kong did right. It makes it so easy to do checkin at the station before arriving at the airport.
I check in at 5:30am at the Kowloon station for my flight, another great idea. It makes it so much easier to check your luggage in the city and then board the train to the airport which takes 21 mins. The first train departed at 5:53am and off I went to the airport. Quickly through immigration I headed to the Qantas business class Lounge, Delta uses the lounge for their business elite and diamond/platinum and I am so glad they do. Wonderful lounge.

Kowloon Airline Check-in

Express train to HKG

HKG

Entrance Qantas Business Class Lounge

Qantas Business class lounge

Qantas Business class lounge

Barrister serving excellent coffee

Open seating area

excellent bathroom products

Final call was announced and I headed to the gate which was about a 5 min walk to gate 25. Boarding had almost finished by the time I had arrived and they were security guards doing checks on all passengers carry-on bags. Not sure why as they opened both my bags put a lifted nothing then closed it up for me and sent me on my way.

Champagne served, I was ready for another wonderful flight. I chose seat 7A once more for the privacy. The front cabin of business elite was about 50% full. The flight crew were all Asia based except for the lead flight attend Dawn was based in Detroit. She was absolutely incredible and never let my mimosa go empty. In fact she switched to a larger glass. Woohoo!

777-ER

Seat 7A

View of 6C which I occupied to charge my ipad

Front Cabin

Once air borne I noticed the charger was not working as due to the empty business elite cabin I switched over to 6C to continue writing my report, though I ate breakfast in 7A. It almost felt like my own private little cabin,

FIRST COURSE

SEASON FRUITS

BREAKFAST BREADS WITH PRESERVES

MAIN COURSE
Choice of either;

TOMATO MUSHROOM OMELET
with potatoes and chicken sausage
or
DIM SUM
Of lor Mai Kai Sui Mai and turnpike cake with stir fried pak choy
or
CEREAL
with milk and banana

Breakfast

Loved having bottomless mimosa on the HKG-NRT flight I chatted with Dawn, the awesome Detroit based flight attendant and loved her enthusiasm and vibe. It was a short hop (4hrs) but the service was awesome.

We landed at Tokyo Narita Airport exceptionally early but due to us landing on Runway 31R we had a very long taxi time to the Terminal 1 gate. But nonetheless we still arrived early.

Security clearance for passenger transfer took some time as there were several Delta flights arriving at the same time. The sky priority lane took a few minutes but as do the Japanese, it was orderly and pleasant.

I headed to delta sky club in the 2nd satellite, to freshen up with a shower and most importantly some sushi. I was in Japan in February and visited the delta sky club in satellite 1. I was somewhat impressed with the club though the bathroom were something left to be desired. So I was not expecting much as I headed to the shower, but boy was there a difference. Better water pressure, better everything except for a hair dryer! What bathroom doesn't have a hair dryer?

NRT

Delta Skyclub

Narita

Narita

Narita
As my flight was delayed an hour I took a leisurely shower and ate the awesome sushi and updated my trip report. Once the 2nd boarding announcement was made I headed down to the gate.

Final installment Delta NRT-JFK

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jun 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow!!! Another fabulous TR!!! Unfortunately, the weather is not good condition in HKG. It will get better weather condition during those days. I'm glad you flown on 77L aircraft. Lucky you!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I am loving all of your reports! Thanks for taking the time!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I am loving all of your reports! Thanks for taking the time!
Glad you enjoyed them, thanks for reading them too ^
check out my world trip report when you have a chance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.