My 1st Trip Report: SIN - DXB on SQ for 6 Days in Intercontinental Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member

Hello Fellow Flyertalkers!

Greetings from Sunny/Wet Singapore! I have been reading all of your reports from Home/Work/IPhone Whenever or Wherever i can! It really inspire me to write one and i finally would like to share my 1st ever trip report with you all =)

Background

I have been wanting to travel to Dubai for quite awhile as i am very interested in architectural. Dubai is Modern just like Singapore except well the buildings are more unique compare to here!

My Dubai trip was from 15th April 2011 - 21st April 2011. I actually had booked this trip in June 2010 as this trip is a Solo/MY Job promotion/My Graduate Trip! All 3 into 1 and thus i was quite eager! The reason why i chose Singapore Airlines was because i am a Krisflyer Basic Member! i'm just only 24 yrs old (In June) so traveling is not so often for me due to work! *As you know Singapore life is No work = No money*

This trip was really special for me! I did a lot of research on the places to visit, the hotel i would be staying, learnt about the culture! As the date drew closer, my excitement was well you know! Crazy!

Anyway, i will post my trip reports part by part! Will do it asap! =)

Old May 4, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: IC RA, Qantas Platinum
Hi Jon, would love to hear your experiences in Dubai and at the Intercontinental, we are off there in June !
Old May 4, 2011, 1:14 pm

looking forward to this trip report
Old May 5, 2011, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member
Part 1: From SIN - DXB (15th April 2011)

Woohoo! The moment i have been waiting and planned has finally arrive!

Day 1 - Singapore (SIN) - Dubai (DXB)

Flight: Singapore Airlines
Fleet: Boeing 777-200
Plane Regristration: 9VSQA
Seat: 34K
Economy Occupancy: 80%

Arrival at Changi Airport

Took a cab from my home to the airport. Singapore being rather small and i'm staying in the east ... i reached Changi Airport Terminal 2 within 10 Mins! Being a friday, T2 was rather quiet. My flight time was 1255hrs and i arrived around 10am! Being early for check-in, my family and I decided to have breakfast at Burger King! Ordered my croissants and a hot tea, just chilling by waiting for the time to passby!

It was nearing 10:30 and my check-in was at row 8 ... there wasnt much people at check-in, maybe cause i was early i guess! Anyway, as i had already chosen my seat 34K, it was a Window seat! Check-in was quick and simple and i received my boarding pass

Being too excited, i told my family i just want to go in already! We bid our goodbyes and i was on my way to DUBAI! My plane was parked at Gate F37 ... which means at the end of T2! It was by then 12pm and so i decided to walk to the gate slowly. When i finally reach the gate, most of the passengers were already queuing! Did security check and waited for the announcement to board the plane. As i was waiting, i saw some planes passing by and decided to take a snap at it

Multiple SQ and 1 Silkair

An Air India Plane

Singapore's not so favorite Budget airline ... TIGER AIRWAYS

and My Plane's Nose! hehe

Boarding started and business class, PPS Gold were given priority to board together with family! Soon the back of the plane and then the front! I was one of the last few to board the plane! Sadly, my flight was still the old 777-200 but well it was still ok! The pitch seat area was really sufficient for me thou being 1.78M in height

Hot towels were distributed, together alone with headsets and Menus! (Btw, i stole both Menus on both flights)

Whats for Lunch shall we have a look?

Appetizers

- Barbecued Flavored Roast chicken and Pasta Salad

Main Course

- Panfried Fish Fillet in Herb butter sauce with sauteed vegetables and
potatoes

OR

- Kalimantan Ayan Cincane
(Braised Chix with green tomatoes and Sambal, Stirfried eggplants and Rice)

- Cheese and Crackers
- Ice Cream,
- Roll & Butter

- Coffee/Tea

I had the Fish Fillet and qas quite surprised that the portion had kinda downsize! (well, it's been 3 years since i last took SQ). Anyway, Quality wise, it was still good! Fish was tasty ... actually everything was like how we say it in singapore "SHIOK" = GOOD!

After my meal was finished, i decided to well, play with Krisworld and at the same time take pixs when i can!

As you can tell, i'm writing things down HAHA!

Me being a bit bored

Decided to just take a short nap .. Slept for abt 2 hrs before landing and i have yet to get the Fleet registration!! ... headed down to the back gallery when i caught the crew having their meal! Whoops!! I asked them for the flight reg. and they told me and at the same time asked me why! So i told them i was writing a trip report ! Anyway i took a pix of the crew .. here you go!

indrayani, Hadi & Debbie (Sweet!)

Me with the 2 girls! =P

After that fun little photo-taking, i thanked them and headed back to my seat! But before that, i needed to visit the Loo! and took abit of pixs there! Just me with the mirror!

SQ Toiletries

Once that was done, back to my seat and waited for refreshments! Before refreshments came, Indrayani offered me some orange juice and 2 decks of SQ Cards! "I LIKE"

At the same time, she also asked me to fill in a feedback form for the crew! Which of course i did! =) After writing a long feedback, it was finally refreshment time!

Refreshments

- Croissant with Egg mayo & roasted Chix

OR

- Mult igrain bread with Tuna Salad

I decided to have tuna!

It was simple and tasty! Anyway, it was about 1 hr or less before we land and the SQ girls were keeping our trays and also asking back for the headphones! luckily, i still had my Iphone with me for entertainment!! As we crossed the desert i finally know that Dubai is really close to me now!
Old May 5, 2011, 6:29 am
Original Poster

We landed smoothly and as we were parking, saw a few airlines!

Egyptair

Saudi Arabian Airlines

Sorry, what airline is this?

Anyway, disembarking was fast for me as i was the first few of the front! Decided to walk fast to Immigration and boy was there a LOT OF PEOPLE! It took me abt 30 mins before i finally reached to get my passport CHOPPED!! Once that was done, I WAS OFFICIALLY IN DUBAI!

Wanna win a CAR?

As i had booked a pick-up from the hotel, i went to the IHG desk to inform them i was here and they told me to proceed outside as they were waiting for me!

Soon, i saw my name ... and my starting journey of Dubai is about to begin .... Next up .. Intercontinental Dubai!

Old May 5, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm enjoying this so far and have also been thinking of going to Dubai for a while now. Sounds like you had a really great crew! Hope you're having a good time!
Old May 5, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
excellent!

Excellent report fellow FT'er ; I enjoyed reading.........always fun to pics of the crew and especially when they warm up to the request....TK FA's are the same......love to be on film!

I took a picture near that Porsche in 2008, and I guess I mustve shot the security area cuz a 'shorty' (police) came up to me and told me not to snap pics.....was pretty entertaining.

Old May 5, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by marty74
Hi Jon, would love to hear your experiences in Dubai and at the Intercontinental, we are off there in June !
word of advice for ya Marty...if you are going to DXB....book a desert safari tour by using the entertainment book coupon....2 for 1.....its a great deal at $80 per person + buffet BBQ meal --AFTER -- 4x4ing across the UAE desert in these landcruisers...
Old May 5, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Jon_Heng
Sorry, what airline is this?
That is Transaero Airlines arrived from DME or LED.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Intercontinental Dubai Festival City

First of all! Apologise for this late report been busy over the past 1 week!

Anyway, this part of the report is going to be about my stay at Intercontinental Dubai Festival City!

Intercontinental DFC is located just 10 Mins away from the Dubai International Airport! Although it was just 10 mins away, i still decided to book a Hotel "Limo" to come and pick me up from the airport!. As the driver was driving me to the airport, i was really amazed by Dubai's Buildings! From a Desert, to now a metropolis city it really is amazing!

Took a few photos of some buildings on my way to the hotel! As the car was approaching the hotel, my excitement grew even more! I've finally arrived at IDFC and the Doorman Welcomed me!

In Arab

I was greeted with a Grand marble Lobby being filled with a scent of lavender candles and the HUGE Flowers at the centre of the Lobby!

As being an Ambassador Gold Member under IHG, i had originally booked a Club Room. I was ushered to the club floor being the 26th floor. The decor of the place was very modern contemporary as they played with quite alot of Dark Wood Features which i like actually!

Was greeted by Essy who is a staff at the Club intercontinental. She was really helpful throughout my 6 days in Dubai ... and we are now friends on Facebook! haha! My Room number was 3211. It was a corner room which means ... i was upgraded to a Superior Suite Room! AWESOME! Once i inserted the card key and opened the door ... JAWS DROP! It was F-ing huge for a Superior Suite room! SPACIOUS + HUGE i must say! I mean let the pictures below speak for you!

Some Artsy Stuff on the way to my room

Walkway to the room

My Living Room

Nespresso!

My Sofa

My Bed!

Another view of the bedroom

Welcome Msg!

Bedroom Another View

Last edited by Jon_Heng; May 15, 2011 at 6:10 am
Old May 15, 2011, 6:33 am
Original Poster

The Toilet is really very relaxing to be in! 2 Bathrooms! It's like i could jump up and down to use it haha!

Bathtub with a View!

Sinks!

2nd Toilet

Some views of Dubai Festival City from my room!

In the evening, i also visited the Club Lounge for some happy hour cocktail and snacks!

Anyway, the night view of the hotel is really nice!

Some of the day view shots!

Crowne Plaza

Overall, the hotel is really good! Service was top notch as they really took care of me during my 6 days stay in Dubai! There will be more in my next post of what i did in Dubai! So do look out for it soon!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Last edited by Jon_Heng; May 15, 2011 at 6:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.