Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Just make the announcement already, will ya!
I wanna know what date excatly the promotion starts I hope its the end of March so my 15 Hyatt stays in June will count. I am afraid the points promo will be something worst than the 10K promo last fall.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:44 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would expect it will be something along the lines of the 2,500 bonus points per stay offer they had in 2009, though I know many will not like if they restrict it to a certain credit card (which seems all the more likely now).
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
This is exactly why you DON'T ever go public if you don't have to. There's pressure to run the business in accordance to quarterly expectations. You become a slave to the public and to market expectations and your customers suddenly are legally no longer your most important stakeholders. In every single case - 100% of every company that has ever gone public in the history of the world - you lose some of that magic, those intangibles, that passion, whatever you want to call it, that you had when you were private. You just can't do things on your own terms anymore. Sadly we're seeing it with Hyatt this year. Even though I'm a stockholder and they've made me a decent profit, sad to see how stingy they've become lately.
You've hit the nail on the head here. We have entered into a new era and you probably won't like what you see
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Do we think there will be another buy 2 nights get 1 free promo like last year?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
Do we think there will be another buy 2 nights get 1 free promo like last year?
No! It will be a points promo just read the previous posts.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by dfwflyguy
Why there is no First QTR promos in Hyatt ? All other hotel chains have some kind of promo in the First QTR.
I am waiting for Hyatt to announce their promotion.

What's the 1st quarter promotion for IHG Prioirty Club?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
If Hyatt is abandoning FFNs and decent point promotions, they need to introduce Cash and Points to lower the cost of award stays.
I disagree.

A free night at Hyatt level 6 hotel requires 22,000 points. This equates to $3,385 of spending at a Hyatt property for a diamond.

A free night at SPG level 6 hotel requires points 20,000 points. This equates to $6,666 of spending at a SPG property of a platinum.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
As a non-USA member I hate this new reality. I would like to get the Hyatt credit card but cannot. Now earning by staying will get harder, no FFN .... Sucks for those not able to get the credit card.
+1

The solution: No longer Hyatt There are enough SPG hotels around
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Not a good comparison, as SPG has always some kind of promotion running, unlike Hyatt. SPG simply has to because the earn/burn ratio at regular earning levels is truly truly awful. And that is why I don't stay at Starwood hotels if I can't at least get double points.

Originally Posted by francophile
I disagree.

A free night at Hyatt level 6 hotel requires 22,000 points. This equates to $3,385 of spending at a Hyatt property for a diamond.

A free night at SPG level 6 hotel requires points 20,000 points. This equates to $6,666 of spending at a SPG property of a platinum.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
Not a good comparison, as SPG has always some kind of promotion running, unlike Hyatt. SPG simply has to because the earn/burn ratio at regular earning levels is truly truly awful. And that is why I don't stay at Starwood hotels if I can't at least get double points.
No, I think it's a very good comparison. You see, Hyatt also has lots of promotions:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...-bonus-offers/
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by francophile
I disagree.

I think I could get 22,000 pts with around $730 (plus tax) in spend easily.

Example Grand Hyatt Atlanta:
1,000 pt - Diamond amenity
2,000 pt - G2 bonus until end of Feb.
633 pt - rate $126.75
190 pt - 30% diamond bonus
=3,823 pts
Repeat 6 times = 22,938 pts
I actually had stays there as low as ~$80 last month, which would equal $480 for about 23k points.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Why are we all abandoning hope of an FFN this year?
I believe 2008 and 2009 only had fall FFNs, why can't 2011 be the same?
I think there is a slight chance we see a FFN again in the distant future but i would be happy if we saw 1 more and i think the chances are slim.

As ive said for months the CC is the biggest problem right now for offering a FFN and why i knew we wouldn't get one late in 2010 or early in 2011.

This promo starts in March which is a pretty busy time with spring break at alot of hyatts so the chances its a FFN seems slim to me. I would have to say the best chance for a FFN is Fall when the CC people have had time to redeem their free nights and hopefully its pulled back to bonus points for the CC after a few months.

Something similar to the big 10k but a little more generous wouldn't surprise me. I just hope its valid with the g bonus codes as well. I think Hyatt wants to target which Hyatts you earn the most bonus points for and have more control over where you earn and how overly generous they are being. The g bonus codes and targeted offers allow them to do this.

I know people dont want to hear this but im sure with the flooding of credit card points coming hyatt is planning on increasing point values needed at all hotels in the future i bet late 2011 or early 2012. They will throw more bonus points on us to make it seem like less of a big deal which is exactly why they want more bonus point offers. I am sure that will be coming down the road the CC makes it so that point values have to increase at least at the highest tiers they are too low in reality. The super chargers are mounting up points as we are reading this. 22k points is nothing to them for how high end the park hyatts really are.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
I understand the theory of a relationship between the supply of credit card nights and the lack of an FFN promotion.

But in all seriousness, how many credit card nights are floating around? I deemed the card too crummy in relation to my SPG Amex, and it never occurred to me to get it, even with 2 free nights. It would seem that the number of CC nights would be tiny in relation to the number previously generated by FFN's, where even the most casual Gold Passport member might pick up 2 nights, and the most aggressive ones scoring 10 or more.

It just seems to me that the introduction of the credit card can impact Gols Passport's decisions only so much . . .

Maybe they just don't feel that an FFN is in their commercial interest.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by Tummy
I think I could get 22,000 pts with around $730 (plus tax) in spend easily.

Example Grand Hyatt Atlanta:
2,000 pt - G2 bonus until end of Feb.
633 pt - rate $126.75
190 pt - 30% diamond bonus
=3,823 pts
Repeat 6 times = 22,938 pts
I actually had stays there as low as ~$80 last month, which would equal $480 for about 23k points.
Or the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee,

Fri-Sat Stay -

1,000 pt - G1 bonus until end of Feb.
2,500 pt - RC closed (And I get a nice breakfast in restaurant)
445 pt - rate $89.00
134 pt - 30% diamond bonus
=5,079 pt

5 stays = 25,395 pts for $500 ai.

Give me a 2000-2500pt promo on top of this and 3 stays = cat 6 reward. Not as good as FFN at a HP's but a lot more flexable to use.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
Not a good comparison, as SPG has always some kind of promotion running, unlike Hyatt. ..
It's actually the other way around more often than not. There are numerous Hyatts with some sort of G bonus at any given point in time. UA mileage promo is wrapping up after being active for more than a year in case there are no hyatt point bonuses.
I admit that it may be a bit tougher overseas where Hyatts are much less widespread but the brand standards are much higher there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.