Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton upgrade survey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2002, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LemonThrower:
Perhaps one should pose as a walk up customer and ask if there are any suites available or rooms on the exec level, implying that you will pay rack rate. If they respond affirmatively, then your reply should be, "Great, because I have a reservation, and as a Hilton Gold I would like to be upgraded to that room."</font>
I lOVE THAT ONE!!
Old Oct 16, 2002, 8:09 pm

This year's upgrade experiences so far (as Gold):

Zurich Airport - executive floor plus lounge access (nice lounge, too)
without asking

London Kensington Hilton - executive floor
plus lounge
without asking.

Berlin Hilton - executive floor (when not
full) and always lounge
access without asking.
Really nice lounge.

Waldorf-Astoria N.Y. - no suite, but better
room on high floor.
No lounge access,
but breakfast cpns.

Garden Inn, Philadelphia - nothing.

Hilton Gaithersburg, MD - nothing.

Hilton Brighton Metropole - no suite or ex.
floor but sea-
view room.
Breakfast cpns.

Embassy Suite, San Luis Obispo
Homewood Suites, BWI Airport - they did the
best they can, I guess. Bottle of water.

I agree that the European hotels treat Gold very well (except the downtown Paris one). The U.S. ones are hit or miss.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileageslave:
I agree that the European hotels treat Gold very well (except the downtown Paris one). The U.S. ones are hit or miss.</font>
Hmm. I'm treated very well at the Paris Hilton as a Gold member. I get upgraded to a large suite with fruit and wine each time.

But then again I get upgraded pretty much everywhere as long as there is room. Even in MSP.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 11:44 am

1 for 1 at Hilton Chicago.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
HH Gold. Upgraded 1 of 1, I think. Was at Embassy Suites Austin North, was in a suite (but I think it's all suites in this hotel) on the highest floor (only has 10 floors!). Received a goodies box with one granola bar, a bag of chips, and two bottled water. The breakfast was cook-to-order and complementary to everyone, so I'm not sure if I was upgraded or not.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
So far I'm 100% for the year on upgrades, except for one stay at a HGI. My most recent stays this past weekend were a one night award stay at the Hilton O'Hare Airport and a two night award stay at the Chicago Hilton and Towers. At O'Hare we were put in a room on an HHonors floor, given two continental breakfast coupons (which the waiter let us use for the full buffet) and four coupons for bottled water from the mini-bar. At the Chicago Hilton the executive floors were full but we were upgraded to a very large room on the front of the hotel with a great view of the lake and park. Walking down the hall and looking into other rooms while they were open for housekeeping I could tell ours was quite a bit bigger and nicer. I did notice an interesting note that had been added to my reservation when I checked in--it said "Guest is HHonors Gold. Please offer upgrade to best available room at time of checkin." This was printed on the top of the folio when I signed it at checkin. I don't know if it was added by someone at the hotel or by the HHonors awards desk when I booked the room, but it was nice to see it. We were also given access to the executive lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:03 pm

As Hhonors Gold,I have received the following upgrades from standard rooms during the past year:
-Sedona Hilton Resort - Upgrade to Suite.
-Hilton Phoenix Airport - Executive Floor and Lounge.
-Doubletree Guest Suites Atlanta/Galleria - no upgrade, but did get free breakfast for my party of three.
-Hampton Inn Savannah,GA 95 North - upgraded room and "Hampton Touch".
-Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort - Upgrade to a bi-level casita and breakfast certificates.
-Hilton Bellevue - Executive Floor.
-Hilton Nairobi - Executive Floor Suite, Lamu Suite and Executive Lounge.
-Hilton London Metropole - Executive Floor and Executive Lounge.
-Doubletree Guest Suites Seattle Southcenter - Upgrade to a large corner suite and breakfast.
-Doubletree Hotel Seattle - Executive Floor and breakfast in restaurant.
-Hampton Inn Seattle North - Upgraded to larger room with "Hampton Touch"(I had to compain to get the upgrade.
-Las Vegas Hilton - Upgrade to renovated room in the East Tower with access to Crystal Lounge for Continental Breakfast.
-Flamingo Las Vegas - Upgraded large room on the top floor with a view of the fountains at Bellagio!
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:07 pm

Forgot to add as upgrade:
-Fontainbleau Hilton - Executive Floor and Executive Lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:31 pm

As a gold VIP, i have a GLON award on Hilton Fontainbleau for Dec 24-30. I have indicated that I have requested an upgrade. However it doesn't look good as the executive level are completely sold out for paid stay when I checked on the website. Anyone has experience staying there during Xmas and gotten an upgrade? Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I've gotten executive floor most times I've been in a hotel that had one this year (usually without asking)

Just 2 suite upgrades all year - without asking.

1) DoubleTree Suites in Boston -- ok it is an all suites hotel but I got upgraded to a cool top floor suite that had an upstairs & a downstairs

2) Toronto Airport Hilton - corner suite

Personally I don't really care for the big empty room. Unless I'm going to have a par-tay!

I did stay at my first Hilton Garden Inn where the full breakfast was NOT included! Only the continental! I hope that is not a trend!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
I'd say I'm about 50/50 over the last year as a gold.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I've done around 50 stays this year and am batting 100% for upgrades if you count the exec floor as an upgrade. As far as Jr. and full suites, only 25% and if we're only counting full suites only 10%.

I'm quite happy, the full suite upgrades have happend on the personal/family trips and I've never had a room problem yet.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Dec 14, 2004, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't keep track ,way too many hotels.
I can sy that of 4 stays in November at Hilton properties,
I was 4 of 4 with the suite up-grades.As a Gold with 17 stays this year(I earn my the hard way)I have been very satisfied with Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.