Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin to Buenos Aires and back on AA 22-25/May w/pics

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT
Dublin to Buenos Aires and back on AA 22-25/May w/pics

To take advantage of AA’s DBEQM I booked this MR (along with a week in Boston at the start of June) to qualify for EXP. Based on my calculations, I’ll be making EXP for 2.7 c/p EQM.

See my DUB-DCA MR report w/pics here.

Arrival at DUB

For the 10:35a departure, I left Dundrum (South Dublin) just before 8am and arrived in the long term car park just before 8.30a. Traffic wasn’t that bad. Just like last time, I parked in the long term ‘Red’ car park for €5 a day (available online). They also have an offer for €4.50 a day but it seems you need to book well in advance. I took the complimentary bus to the Terminal and arrived before 9. I went straight to the check-in desk in Area 12. There was nobody in either queue. Straight through the fast-track security line and headed to the lounge for about half an hour.

I left for Pier D around 9:40a. Parked at AA93’s usual gate (D61) was CO25. Not sure what this was doing here, as CO’s passengers usually go from Pier B and pre-clear US customs at Dublin.

You can read more about pre-flight experience in DUB in my last trip report here.

Dublin is a hive for gate lice. As the Agent called for those with PriorityAAcess on their boarding passed to board, everyone started moving toward the line (there aren’t that many elites in Dublin!). The Agent at the end of the line started shouting for everyone to look at their boarding passes and only board if they had PriorityAAcess. A man (about 50) asked if his was PriorityAAcess, the agent said ‘No. You are Group 6’.

After you pass the gate desk, there is security randomly stopping passengers and searching them. You down go down a flight of stairs where there are more agents to ask you security questions (where you bags have been, has anyone given you anything etc) you then walk onto the tarmac and enter the plane by the front doors using stairs.

DUB – ORD | AA93 | B767-300 | Y booked into S, upgraded to J (C)
Scheduled: 10:35a – 12:35p / Actual: 10:27a – 12:19p | Seat: 4H

Business went out with 2 empty seats. I don’t think coach was that full.

The IFE portable devices were already installed at each seat when we boarded and pre-departure drinks were served (water, orange juice or champagne). Menus were distributed before take-off, as were copies of either the Irish Independent or US Today.

We took off to the East and turned to head north and went out over the Atlantic off the coast of Donegal, over the Southern tip of Greenland and in over Quebec.

Meal service began about 45 minutes into the flight. I had a Jack and Coke and warm mixed nuts to start, followed by the appetiser and salad. For my main, I went for the Salmon (no sauce loaded). Small portion, but didn’t feel me up too much, so room for AA’s sundae!

Wines

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin Rully Chardonnay
Groom Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide Hills, Australia

Red Wines
Fontanafredda Barbera Brisccotondo
Wattle Creek Shiraz, Alexander Valley

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port

Dining Service

To Start: Warm mixed nuts or Marinated cheese antipasto.

Appetizer: Grilled scallops, hot-smoked salmon and grilled shrimp with a marinated roasted vegetable salad.

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with roasted red pepper dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d’Arte olive oil.

Main Course
Beef Fillet
Grilled fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes.
(The Wattle Creek Shiraz is a full-bodied red, which pairs well with our tomato almond reduction. Enjoy its surprising finish)

Roasted Chicken
Roasted chicken breast served with bordelaise sauce, sautéed Swiss chard, carrots and truffle celeriac puree.

Fillet of Salmon
Seared fillet of salmon accented by an herb butter sauce, offered with blanched asparagus and spring onion mashed potatoes.

Mushroom Girasole
Sunflower-shaped pasted filled with mushrooms, enhanced by a Portobello mushroom and pesto cream sauce and grated Parmesan cheese

Dine Upon Request®: You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert:

Ice cream sundae
Vanilla ice cream; with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

A selection of gourmet cheeses
Offered with flavourful dried fruit and assorted crackers

To Finish: Assorted chocolates.

I watched Mall Cop and half of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button before falling asleep. I watched the rest of Benjamin Button when I woke up. The IFE had been updated since I last flew J and now has a ‘New Releases’ category in the movies section.

Mid-flight, a cheese plate was offered but many declined (me included).

Mid-Flight Snack

A selection of gourmet cheeses
Offered with flavourful dried fruit and assorted crackers

Or

Assorted snack items are also available.

About an hour before landing a snack was served. It was the usual offering: Ono Pizza with a green salad (much better than the salad served with lunch IMHO) or Thai Chicken with Asian Slaw. And I had a cookie and fruit.

Light Meal
A light meal offered prior to landing.

Select From:

Uno’s Farmer Market Pizza
A Chicago-style deep dish pizza topped with warm vegetables and three cheese blend, served with basil pesto and a fresh green salad.

Uno’s Farmer Market Pizza
Soy seared breast of chicken served chilled over grilled pineapple with Asian slaw and sweet and sour sesame dressing.

Dessert

Fresh fruit or cookies, freshly based on board.

Pre-arrival drink not offered, but it was advertised on the menu.

Pre-Arrival Beverage – NOT OFFERED

For your enjoyment

Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

We approached ORD from the west, but ended up going around and landing from the east and taxied to M3 at T5 (International Arrivals)

Any know why/how this KLM 747 had the fuselage open? (sorry it’s so dark)

2 Hours at ORD

Immigration was smooth, but we landed with the AA Manchester flight and a KLM flight so there was a big queue at immigration. I checked no bags, so cleared customs, went upstairs and took the train to T3 (next stop). The train has been reduced to 2 (from 3) carriages for some reason. We were packed in like sardines and not everyone got in.

My favourite ORD AAngel was at the desk in the AC and gave me two drink chits and we had a short chat; where was I off to this time etc.

I left the AC just before boarding time (2:20p) and went to K9 to board AA2333 to Dallas. Boarding had already started so I joined the F queue.

ORD – DFW | AA2333 | MD-80 | Y booked into S, upgraded to F (A)
Scheduled: 2:50p – 5:20p / Actual: 2:43p – 5:03p | Seat: 4F

This was a full flight. I noticed the standby list had gone into two pages and the upgrade list was almost one page.

The FA was very attentive in F on this flight. She came around to all of us with the passenger manifest, addressed us by our names and took our drink orders – following FEBO I might add! Warm mixed nuts were distributed shortly after and then cookies offered. She kept drinks topped up the whole 2 hours to DFW.

2 Hours at DFW

We arrived in the A Terminal, so I took the sky train to D where the EZE flight would be departing. I went straight to the AC for a few drinks and to have a shower. I meant to have a look at the BA Lounge but it completely slipped my mind.

Boarding was scheduled for 6:50p, but didn’t begin until 7pm or that.

We would be taking a B777 decorated with a pink ribbon in support of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It is one of the 8 planes in AA’s fleet with this livery.

DFW – EZE | AA997 | B777-200| Y booked into S, upgraded to J (C)
Scheduled: 7:35p – 7:50a+1 / Actual: 7:47p – 8:09a+1 | Seat: 9J

I’d been checking the status of this flight for a week before travel, and noticed there are usually mechanical delays with this flight. Thankfully, no major delay but the GA’s did have to board the flight to manually collect the ‘large parts’ of everyone’s boarding passes. Apparently there was some hic-up with the machines and they didn’t know who was on the flight and who wasn’t. Everything matched so we were on our way.

I was sitting beside George from San Antonio. He was off to BA for a week to do some shooting. It was his fifth time going. He had originally booked with Delta into Business but a schedule change meant they would not be flying on the day he booked to return. A quick call to AA, he purchased an upgradable Y fare and upgraded to business using miles and co-pay. He saved himself over $1,500.

It was an enjoyable flight. Our FA was very attentive throughout and ensured everything was OK. Pre departure drinks were offered, menus distributed and our orders taken before we reached the runway. We were also given the custom and immigration forms for EZE along with a health questionnaire relating to swine flu. Can anyone tell me why you have to declare you have a mobile phone?

Wines

Champagne
Heidsieck Monopole Brut

White Wines
Montes Chardonnay, Chile

Red Wines
Kaiken Malbec
Château Mengot Grand Cru St. Emilion

Dessert Wine
Graham’s 20 Years old Tawny Port

Dining Service
Thank you for choosing American Airlines.
It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of doing options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience a new menu item developed in collaboration with Chef Cindy Hutson.

To Start: Warm mixed nuts.

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads.

Main Course

Herb Crusted Beef Fillet
Grilled fillet of beef coasted with herbs, served with rosemary demi-glace, broccoli with basil butter, pan-roasted potato wedges and over-roasted tomatoes.

Shrimp and Scallops
Seared shrimp and scallops accompanied by an Easy Indian curry sauce, served with aromatic jasmine rice and vegetable ratatouille.

Stuffed Lasagne Roll
Tender lasagne pasta stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella.

Mushroom Leek Soup
A creamy soup with shiitake and cremini mushrooms and leeks, garnished with sourdough croutons.

Dine Upon Request®: You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert:

Ice cream
Vanilla ice cream with chocolate cookie dough and caramel swirls, served with a white peach puree and honey nut crunch topping.

A selection of fine cheeses
Offered with grapes and dried apricots

To Finish: Chirardelli chocolates

Once we were airborne the drink service started, accompanied by hot mixed nuts. The BOSE noise cancelling headsets were handed out soon after.

Meal service began then, the salad was good.

The beef fillet was cooked perfectly. It was medium and tasted well with the tomatoes and wedges.

The sundae arrived next. It was frozen solid, but tasted good once it started to melt.

I watched some movies and TV shows and then fell asleep and woke up just before breakfast service started.

Breakfast

Select From:

Fresh seasonal fruit

A zesty omelette prepared with cream cheese and chives, served with a potato timbale and turkey sausage flavoured with sun-dried tomato and basil.

Yoghurt

Cereal

Express Breakfast:
(Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible)

Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage.

Pre-Arrival Beverage – OFFERED!

For your enjoyment

We touched down at five minutes to eight, but held short of the terminal while another aircraft pushed back from our gate for a few minutes.

(continued below)

Last edited by paulmcgrath; May 27, 2009 at 2:48 pm
Old May 26, 2009, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

13 Hours in Buenos Aires

This is my first trip to BA, and I will definitely consider coming back one day.

Upon arriving in BA, we handed the Swine Flu ‘questionnaires’ to the officials and proceeded through immigration. A flight from Atlanta (on Delta, I think) landed at the same time as us. And EVERY SINGLE passenger was wearing a face-mask. Apparently, the FA’s on board the flight handed them out as it was ‘policy’ for all flights entering Argentina. We had no masks!

Immigration took 2 minutes. No questions were asked about me going back to Dallas in the evening.

Next up was customs, which basically entails handing a form to an official and continue walking. A few people had been selected for additional screening and were getting their bags rescanned through an x-ray machine.

In the arrivals halls I was immediately given a leaflet telling me not to accept lifts from anyone that approached me directly.

I changed my Euros to Paso’s in the arrivals halls (immediate right after you exit). The rate on Saturday was AES$5.30 for €1. I was given AES$5.13 per Euro.

I then walked straight out the main doors to the Manuel Tienda León ticket office. AES$40 for a one way into their depot in town, just behind the Sheraton and less than a five minute walk from Plaza San Martin and the Metro station. It took roughly 40 minutes and we passed many cars that had broken down!

I spent a while around Plaza San Martin. There is a man in the Plaza that looks after dogs in an enclosed area. In the centre of the Plaza is the Torre de los Ingleses (British Clock Tower).

Florida Street is just off Plaza San Martin, I went down there next. I was hounded to come in and see the selection of leather jackets in every shop I passed. I went into a few and found a nice jacket. I could pay in Euros because the man’s father was paying a trip over the his bother in Spain soon!

You’ll notice a lot of people on the streets begging for money. These kids were somewhere along Florida street. You can download a video of them here. (13.1MB)

There are a lot of shops on the 8-block street and the famous Galerías Pacífico mall. It’s also a short walk to the 9 de Julio Avenue.

I had several offers from women for sex during the morning and early afternoon around Florida (too early for me!). There seems to be a lot of them on Florida and the surrounding streets.

I went for lunch in El Establo (on the corner of Paraguay and San Martin). It was recommended by FT member ‘WingedWorldExplorer’. I went for the ‘Bife de Lomo’ (medium) accompanied by sautéed spinach with olive oil and garlic and mashed potato. It was delicious! I would definitely recommend the place and it is very reasonably priced.

I struck up conversation with an Italian sitting at a table across from me. After he had finished he moved to my table and we chatted for about half an hour about BA, the recession in Europe and some other bits and pieces. He was over in BA on business for 2 weeks and often eats in El Establo.

There were 3 United employees sitting a few tables away. Apparently, their Business class on the 747’s is the best there is?! And they seem to get discounts in El Establo (one of them loudly explained that he works with United and left his ID in his hotel)

After I settled the bill (ARS$116/€22/US$31 including a glass of Malbec; great value given the size of the steak) I took a 5-minute taxi to La Recoleta Cemetery for just under ARS$8 (link). It was alive with activity. There was some sort of market/fair on and I picked up some crafts.

I was a very hot day, and at this stage I was getting tired so I left La Recoleta at 4pm and took a taxi (ARS$10) back to the Manuel Tienda León depot. Buses leave to EZE every 30 minutes. I made the 4:30p bus and arrived at EZE International Terminal A within 30 minutes.

A mile or two from the Terminal, all the International aircraft were parked in a separate part of the airfield.

In EZE each AA flight has its own check-in area, but it doesn’t seem to matter which one you use. I headed for the Business Class line. As I joined the queue I was informed ‘Sir, this is for Business Class passengers only’ by an agent. I showed him my itinerary and he apologised. He then went through all the security questions (have my bags been with me at all times, who packed them etc) and was amazed at the amount of US stamps (15) I have in my passport for some reason. I think he counted them 2 or 3 times.

When I was checked-in the agent gave me the US immigration and custom forms along with the Argentinean customs form. She then reminded me about the airport taxes. This is located at counter 55 and is AES$18.

After I paid my taxes, the agent placed a sticker on the back on my boarding pass and I went up the escalators opposite and through the first round of security (to check I had paid the tax) then through the x-ray machine. One lane was open but there were only 4 people ahead of me.

Laptop and all electronics need to come out of your bags, but shoes can stay on. The trays are tiny. My 14.5 inch laptop couldn’t fit in them and they were held together with tape. I got a pat down after I went through the x-ray machine, nothing was found. Customs was next. Showed the official my passport and gave him the customs form. Everything was fine so I went to the Admiral’s Club at Gate 9. There is a smoking lounge next to the AC. (Total time from entering the airport to arriving at the AC: 45 minutes, give or take.

I was dying for a shower and asked an AAngel if they had any. They don’t, but ‘la prairie’ opposite the AC offers showers for $40. A bit overpriced, but I needed of one after a day out in the heat. After the shower and a change of clothes I felt much better and ready to hit the booze in the AC!

I set my laptop up in the Business Centre (free WiFi) area went to pour myself a JD and Coke. Some snacks were offered too; selection of chips, celery, carrots, dip, olives and a tray of sandwiches (ham and cheese) appeared every so often.

Boarding for the 9:35pm flight began at 8:50pm (as indicated on my BP, and there was an announcement made in the AC). We departed from Gate 8.

They had just called PriorityAAcess when I arrived, so I joined the queue and went through additional security checks (bag search and security questions).

(continued below)

Last edited by paulmcgrath; May 26, 2009 at 5:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Loved the report as always!
Original Poster

EZE – DFW | AA996 | B777-200 | Y booked into S, upgraded to J (C)
Scheduled: 9:35p – 06:15a+1 / Actual: 9:35pm – 06:31a+1 | Seat 9J

I was in 9J again for this flight. It was on the same 777 we arrived on. A woman sitting beside me moved to row 10 to sit with her friend so I had the 9H and J to myself. Then I heard a familiar voice say ‘Didn’t you fly here with me last week?’ to a passenger sitting further back the cabin. I looked back and there was the same FA we had from Dallas about 12 hours ago. She saw me looking back and said something like ‘Woah, wait a minute didn’t you just arrive this morning?’. I explained to her I was on a mileage run. She had heard about ‘us’ but I was the first one she met. She asked was it OK to call me by my first name, of course I said yes. Let’s call her Mary. She was amazed and genuinely interested in what I was doing, where I'd come from etc.

Pre-departure drinks were served by another FA, she did a double-take when she saw me and welcomed me back! Mary passed out the menus and said ‘Same picture, different choices!’

Just before we pushed back, a lady came back from First Class looking for her seat in 10J. This had been taken by the woman that was originally sitting beside me. She took 9H beside me without any problem. Turned out she was booked into 4F on her next flight, and mistook it for this flight. Mary suggested she move to row 12 D, E, G to give both of us our own space and she moved.

Mary began taking ‘Late Night Supper’ orders just before takeoff. This was an even numbered flight, but FEBO was not followed. She asked me did I have any meal preference. I asked for the beef, and she started taking orders from the back.

Wines

Champagne
Heidsieck Monopole Brut

White Wines
Montes Chardonnay, Chile

Red Wines
Kaiken Malbec
Château Mengot Grand Cru St. Emilion

Dessert Wine
Graham’s 20 Years old Tawny Port

Late Night Supper
Thank you for choosing American Airlines.
It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of doing options on today’s flight. Select from a flexible menu especially designed for our premium Late Night Supper Service.

To Start: Warm mixed nuts

Dining Service
Please customize your meal from the following options

Soup: Leek consommé (garnished with sautéed carrots and leeks)

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens featured with tomatoes, kalamata olives and mozzarella cheese, offered with Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course (please select one of the following options)
Beef Roulade
Beef Roulade garnished with red pepper and carrot accompanied by sautéed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes.

Seafood Curry
Curried seafood medley served over jasmine rice garnished with fresh cilantro.

Gnocchi Bolognese
Potato gnocchi enhanced by a Bolognese meat sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese.

Fruit and Cheese Plate
A gourmet cheese plate featuring brie, Parmesan and provolone presented with fresh strawberries, seasonal grapes and dried apricots.

Dessert: Cream ginger ice cream served over chocolate sauce and garnished with almonds
A selection of fine cheeses offered with grapes and dried apricots.

To Finish: Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Mixed nuts were served with the first drinks service.

The soup, salad and main course were all served together. The beef was a little dry, but the spinach and mashed potato were good.

Dessert was served and I had a mug of tea. Notice my defrosting technique!

I watched some NCIS and fell asleep. We hit some turbulence along the way but I fell back asleep after being thrown around! Mary woke me about 40 minutes before landing to see if I wanted any breakfast. I just had an orange juice.

As we took our decent Mary and I saw our goodbyes as she would be sitting in Y somewhere. As we left the plane I handed an AApplause Cert to another FA to give to Mary.

8 Hours in DFW

We landed at D36 and the Immigration and Custom hall was a 5 minute walk.

There were 6 booths open for Non-US Citizen and just 2 open for US Citizens. I was near the top of the Non-US queue so got through relatively fast. The US queue got really long, but they didn’t open additional booths.

I claimed my bag and dropped it off at the AA desk after I cleared customs.

I was hoping to find something to do during my long layover, but I wasn’t in the mood for anything so went through security and headed for the AC in D. As I was checking in, I decided to try stand-by for the 777 DFW-ORD flight at 1pm (I was booked on the 2:15p MD-80) to experience the 777 F. To my surprise the AAgent was able to confirm me in 2J without the $50 fee.

It was around 8a when I arrived in the AC. During the 4 hours I took a trip around the Terminal, caught up on email, added some more to this report, checked FT and other really boring things!

12:30 (boarding time came) and I checked the screens in the AC to see the status of the flight. It said on-time. I decided I better head to the gate (D33). The AC is located at D23. So not a long walk.

When I arrived at D23 they were calling final boarding.

DFW – ORD | AA2350 | B777-200 | Y booked into S, upgraded to F (A)
Scheduled: 1:00p – 3:20p / Actual: 1:40p – 3:45p | Seat: 2J

Everyone had boarded and was seated well before 1pm. 1:15p came and we were all still sitting there. The Captain then made an announcement that his seat-belt wasn’t working and needed to get the mechanics in to have a look at it. (The plane was continuing to LHR as AA86 once we reached ORD). Once the paperwork was all finished we pushed back at 1:40p and were airborne at 2:01p.

We hit bad turbulence over South Eastern Oklahoma and North Western Arkansas. The pilot made 2 announcements for the crew to suspend service for about 5 minutes each time.

The pilot was very security conscience, and said that under no circumstances was a queue to be formed for the toilets in F.

This was a lunch flight. The offerings were the Cheeseburger or Chicken Club Salad (cold). Both were served with chips and a cookie. Warm mixed nuts were served first.

The burger wasn’t that good, but I like how you get gherkins, lettuce and tomato in a separate bowl to put on the burger as you wish. Mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup were supplied too.

This was my first time in F on the 777. Nice seats but I miss the footrests (unless I missed them?) on the seats. The extra table space is a good feature too. For me though, J has a more private feel.

They had about 12 channels of programmes on a loop throughout the flight (not on-demand as the purser said) on the IFE devices.

We started our decent into ORD and were on the ground within minutes at 3:38p. As Monday is Memorial Day, the Purser made an announcement as we taxied to remember those who died while serving in the military and thank all those current serving for keeping the country safe. Applause followed. We parked at K12 at 3:45p and I headed straight for the AC.

ORD for a while

I was sick of being cooped up inside so went outside for a look around, I took the train back to T5 and all the way back to T1. Not much to see! I took a trip around the Hilton and went back to the AC.

Boarding for the DUB flight was scheduled for 6:30p. At 6:45p, when there had been no announcement in the AC for AA92 boarding and the board still said on-time, I packed up and made my way to K5 (one of the nearest gates to the AC). Boarding had not started yet. A while later I went to the desk to see what the problem was. There was an aircraft change for some reason (still a 767-300) and the cleaners were on board. Departure time was changed to 7:40p and the agent said it would be OK for me to go back to the AC. He said he would make sure it would be called there.

Boarding was called around 7:30p.

ORD – DUB | AA92 | B767-300 | Y booked into S, upgraded to J (C)
Scheduled: 07:15p – 08:35a+1 / Actual: 07:52p – 08:41a+1 | Seat: 2A

This was a completely full flight in Y. In J there were 5 or more free seats (I was the only one sitting in row 2)

Everyone got on board fast and we pushed back 8 minutes before 8. Pre-departure drinks were offered and menus handed out. Within 10 minutes we were airborne.

Flight time was only 6 ½ hours and the pilot was expecting a smooth journey.

Meal choices were taken and service started. This FA team were by far my least favourite on my trip. They didn’t make much small talk and seemed like they just wanted to get the service finished as quickly as possible. I asked the FA taking my dinner order what she would recommend, all she said was ‘They are all good’. The courses were just thrown down on my table and cleared as soon as I dropped my cutlery. There were no offers to top-up drinks either.

Wines

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin Rully Chardonnay

Red Wines
Fontanafredda Barbera Brisccotondo
Wattle Creek Shiraz, Alexander Valley

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham’s Vintage Port

Dining Service

To Start: Warm mixed nuts or Marinated cheese antipasto. (cheese was not loaded)

Appetizer: Smoked salmon and herb marinated shrimp.

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing (not loaded, sour cream and herbs offered) or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d’Arte olive oil.

Main Course
Beef Fillet
Grilled fillet of beef featured with a ratouille sauce, cauliflower gratin and a medley of baby vegetables.

Pork Tenderloin
Tender pork served with a mango mojo sauce, herbed long grain rice and asparagus spears.

Chipotle Shrimp
Orange barbecue chipotle shrimp served with sautéed haricots verts, roasted peppers and basmati rice with corn.

Stuffed Lasagne Roll
Tender lasagne pasta stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella.

Dessert:

Ice cream sundae
Vanilla ice cream; with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Basil caciotta and white cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes

To Finish: Assorted chocolates.

As my main course I choose the pork. It was good but could have done with more sauce.

It was hard, but I declined the sundae! I had eaten enough over the last few days and didn’t need anything more to work off!

The Purser came around after the meal service to see if we wanted to be woken for breakfast. I asked for the Express Breakfast.

After I finished watching Slumdog Millionaire, I feel asleep and was awoken for the Express Breakfast.

Breakfast

Select From:

Fresh seasonal fruit

Pepper jack cheese omelette with a cheddar cheese sour cream potato timbale and turkey sausage flavoured with sun-dried tomato basil.

Yoghurt

Cereal

Express Breakfast:
(Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible)

Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage.

Pre-Arrival Beverage – NOT OFFERED

For your enjoyment

As circled over Dublin to land, we passed over my workplace. Thank god I wasn’t working today! We landed in Dublin 4 minutes before the scheduled time and arrived at D61.

We deplaned by stairs as usual, and made the 5 minute walk to immigration. There was no queue here so I went straight through.

Bags arrived in around 10 minutes. Bags tagged as ‘Premium’ came out first. I took mine and made my way back to the long term car park. As you leave Arrivals, the Aircoach and Dublin Bus pickup area is to the left in front of the short term car park. Aircoach serve 4 routes from the airport to Ballsbridge, Leopardstown, Cork and Belfast. Dublin Bus serve the City Centre and BusAras (747, main bus station) and Heuston Station (748, main train station). All other buses go from the other side of the short term car park, and I headed there to take the bus to the Long Term car park.

I made my way back home. By the time 6.30p came I was wrecked, so though it was time for bed. The minute my head hit the pillow I was asleep and woke up at 7 in plenty of time for work.

New Amenity kits were handed out on DUB-ORD, DFW-EZE and ORD-DUB. EZE still has supplies of the old kit, although I forgot to see when they were manufactured.

After all that, I’ve 30,514 miles left to go for EXP. I’ve 4 days in Boston booked for the start of June to push me over 100,000 EQM for the year once the DBEQM miles post.

I’ve probably rambled on at some points, but I hope you enjoyed reading my report!

Paul.

Last edited by paulmcgrath; May 26, 2009 at 6:18 pm
Old May 26, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Loved the report as always!
Thanks! There's a 3rd part if you didn't see it.
Old May 26, 2009, 5:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
Thanks! There's a 3rd part if you didn't see it.
I did see it...thanks for providing a welcome distraction at work. It's a shame I didn't know you'd be at DFW on the 25th...I was at the C Concourse Club for about 40 minutes from 1030 to 1110 and it would have been nice to have had a chat and maybe steal one of your drink coupons
Old May 26, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
I did see it...thanks for providing a welcome distraction at work. It's a shame I didn't know you'd be at DFW on the 25th...I was at the C Concourse Club for about 40 minutes from 1030 to 1110 and it would have been nice to have had a chat and maybe steal one of your drink coupons
I was actually in DFW on Sunday (24th). I counted the 25th as a day because of the arrival in Dublin.

The bar doesn't start serving alcohol until noon (or so the AAngel told me?). I got one chit, along with another one George from DFW-EZE gave me. I used one after 12 and gave the other one to someone as I was leaving (2 other people declined it BTW)
Old May 26, 2009, 7:32 pm

Wink

Any know why/how this KLM 747 had the fuselage open? (sorry it’s so dark)
It must be a freighter getting ready to load or unload.

Enjoyed your report and I am glad you had a good time in Buenos Aires
Old May 27, 2009, 1:12 am
hmv

Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
It must be a freighter getting ready to load or unload.
It's a 747 Combi(both pax and cargo).
Old May 27, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Cool report. What's going on with that Buenos Aires traffic?
Old May 27, 2009, 6:56 am

Great trip report.

Dublin is a hive for gate lice.
I like the collective term for gate lice. Hive seems to sum it up well on different levels.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:16 am

Thanks for the trip report.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Excellent meal pictures ^
Old May 27, 2009, 11:52 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
^ Thanks for the great report, Paul!
Old May 27, 2009, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Paul: Great report! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.