Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Great TR and great product ^^^
Thxs TEX277!!!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:35 pm

thanks for a great report! I'll have to look up the redemption rates on LH
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think its great trip report and I'm glad you are enjoyable in the F class but, I knows TK is borrowed the aircraft coming from 9W. So TK is acquired more 777-300ER will expected deliveries sometime in between 2010 or 2011. So I'm sure TK will take it back where it belongs to 9W after the lease is expired.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the great trip report - interesting to see how the service has evolved since DELLAS took his trip. I'm certainly looking forward to my 2 TK F sectors LHR-IST-SIN in September. Whilst the service on the ground in IST looks very impressive, I doubt I will be spending too long in the lounge there - it seems a little like a goldfish bowl from what you describe with god knows how many staff to one person just waiting to help you.

How did you generally find the mix of the service between being helpful and just being too much / over kill? I just flew in SQ F last week and was the only person in the F cabin on the 747 and it got quite annoying the number of times the FAs kept coming to my seat to offer me something or help me in some way. They were probably just bored as I assume the TK crew will be as their cabins are probably always going to be empty if nobody can buy a revenue F ticket!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:02 am

Enjoyable trip report! Thanks.:-:
Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the feedback. It is always good to know that others enjoy sharing the experience or will use it as research for their own future travel plans.

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Hi great report. I was wondering what the service level would be when Jet Airways crew had finished training the TK crew. Maybe thats why my flight was 100% perfect, 9W crew were exceptional not taking anything away from the TK crew on my flight who were also very good. There are obviously some things that need more attention to detail. Still over all I am happy to see the service is still good and I personally love the food. Shame you didnt get slippers on the outbound but you got Bvlgari amenity kits which I would have loved. I would have swapped the slippers for that anyday

DELLAS
We were served by TK crew exclusively on both flights but we did see a couple of 9W crew going between galleys. Don't get me wrong, the crew weren't bad but rather more satisfactory. Perhaps it was the first time they had actually had a First passenger onboard and they lacked confidence. Some of it stemmed from the language barrier. Needless to say their English was lightyears ahead of my Turkish but still rather basic and on some occasions I had to rephrase my question/response a few times before I was understood.

Originally Posted by flyingDeeps
hmmm so there is no caviar on the LHR-IST route?

btw great report!
That was something that I noted by its absence from DELLAS' TR. The TK website does state that Caviar is served in First. My assumption is that the statement only applies to long-haul First.

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
How did you generally find the mix of the service between being helpful and just being too much / over kill? I just flew in SQ F last week and was the only person in the F cabin on the 747 and it got quite annoying the number of times the FAs kept coming to my seat to offer me something or help me in some way. They were probably just bored as I assume the TK crew will be as their cabins are probably always going to be empty if nobody can buy a revenue F ticket!
Onboard the attention was no problem as the crew did not particularly seem interested in unnecessary conversation (not sure if that is a good or a bad thing personally) with the exception of the crew member on the return flight that remembered us from the outbound leg.

In the lounge it was overkill. Two staff members would have been enough but I think we had around 5. "Gold fish bowl" sums it up pretty well - I appreciate my privacy. However, this is not just down to the amount of staff in the lounge but also due to the open layout of the lounge itself.
Old May 2, 2009, 4:19 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
TEX277 Very nice TR (as usual ^).

Was there any wine list ?
Old May 2, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
Excellent TR -Thanks Larry
Old May 2, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Nice, interesting report, out of the regular "mainstream".

Thanks! ^
Old May 3, 2009, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G_G
TEX277 Very nice TR (as usual ^).

Was there any wine list ?
Wine List

White Wines

Pouilly Fumé La Ggrande Cuvée 2006

Pinot Grigio Collio 2007

Grüner Veltliner Smaragd "Rotes Tor" 2007

Sarafin Sauvignon Blanc Doluca

Red Wines

Chateau d'Amailhac, 5ième Cru Classé 2005

Brunello di Montalcino 2003

Tignanello 2005

Vina Ardanza 2000

Graham's 2001 Late Bottled Vintage

Karma Cabernet Sauvignon-Öküzgözü

Champagne

Roederer Brut

Aperitifs

Martini Extra Dry

Whiskies
Chivas Regal 18 years
Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 years
Macallan 12 years
The Glenlivet 15 years
Jim Beam
Jack Daniel's

Vodka
Grey Goose
Smirnoff Black

Gin
Gordon's Dry Gin
Bombay Sapphire

Raki
Efe Yaş Üzüm Rakisi

Digestives

Liqueurs
Grand Marnier
Bailey's
Tekel Turkish Liqueur Special Product (Sour Cherry)
Kahlúa

Cognac
Hennessy XO

Beers
Efes Pilsen
Carlsberg
Heineken
Old May 3, 2009, 6:23 pm
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Nice Report! Well done - an enjoyable read.

The female buggy driver looks a bit like Lara Croft
Old May 6, 2009, 1:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x320)

Amazing report !!
Old May 10, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
I agree, great report. Interesting how TK have got rid of the 9W livery. I flew on the ex 9W 330 with Gulf Air the other week DXB-BAH-BKK and it is still in 9W livery, with 9W crew and 9W inflight entertainment.. GF catering though..
Old May 11, 2009, 4:48 am

Brilliant trip report. Enjoyed every word and every mouthful. Great job.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:03 am

Great report... cant wait to try TK F i August ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.