Search

Emirates First Class Lounge, Terminal 3 (The New One!!!) with photo's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Emirates First Class Lounge, Terminal 3 (The New One!!!) with photo's

DUBAI AIRPORT TERMINAL 3
The new terminal is large. When we arrived, there were very few people, and it does seem to lack a soul. Having been so used to the old terminal it took a while to familiarize my self with Terminal 3. The First and Business Class lounges are located on the first floor, and can be accessed via an escalator or lift.

EK FIRST CLASS LOUNGE - TERMINAL 3

There is no sign to say that you have arrived at the First Class lounge. It is huge. There are several bars (no longer self service), showers, a spa, smoking area, restaurant, business center, and tonnes of seating areas. The lounge is open, and none-F passengers can see inside. It would be at least 15 times larger then the F lounge in terminal 1.

Once again being new to the lounge, you do not know where to go. I asked the lady at the front desk, and she showed me to the restaurant. The has an open show kitchen and several counters for buffets that were serving fresh fruits, juices, cereals, and pastries. I was shown to a booth, and given a menu for a la carte dining. I will transcribe it soon.

I asked for an espresso and then a cappuccino which were brought very efficiently. It would have been nice to actually have a proper espresso machine and not the automated ones. Water was also poured at the table. I ordered the herbed crepes, and American pancakes. They took a while to come, and both were brought together. The crepes were cold inside, so I sent them back. The pancakes were ok, but had a bit of a metallic taste to them. When the crepes came back, they were hot, and delicious. Service was very good, and attentive.

I walked around the lounge, and saw that they had a connoisseur wine shop.

I then walked past the Timeless spa, and was asked if I wanted a treatment, I opted for the 15 minute de-stress back massage. I had to sign a disclaimer showing if I had any medical conditions, etc., and was shown to a treatment room. The massage was great, and helped me to relax. Other treatments available include Reflex Therapy – Leg and Feet (15 minutes), Refresh Manicure (15 minutes), Hair Shaping (30-40 minute hair trim), and Professional Blow Dry (20-30 minutes). There is no music in the treatment rooms, so you can hear noise from outside.

Next it was time for a shower. There are around 10 shower rooms in the Men’s area. 4 were out of order. The shower rooms are very small. There is one hook, 2 hangers and no where to sit, or put your luggage. The attendant gave me a towel. There is no floor mat. The shower was average, and they use Timeless Spa Hair and Body Wash, and a conditioner. There are no shelves in the shower, or the shower room. I did not find the shower rooms a pleasure to use at all. The attendant was very helpful.

There seem to be no bedrooms, or rest areas for passengers with long connections.

Overall it does seem to be a nice lounge. It does lack soul. I think once the fountains are working, it will be better. Service was excellent. They need to give passengers a map of the lounge at least for the first few months. Is it better then the old lounge – definitely. I would say once it is more lived in, it will feel cosier.

As my flight was departing from Terminal 1, I went to the old lounge where it was nice to be back in familiar territory.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:52 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Great review! Would you recommend going to T1 for slumber rooms and showers?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
"There seem to be no bedrooms, or rest areas for passengers with long connections".

When you enter the lounge you go over the walkway and turn right and all the way to the end. There is a closed off area with approx 10 couchettes. Not really closed off all the walls are glass and the lighting is no different to the rest of the lounge . It gave the impression it had been added as an afterthought. At least some of the showers are working now, dissaponted to hear they are not very good. I think soulless is a good description. Hopefully it will improve given time.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Loung A La Carte Menu

Emirates First Class Lounge Menu
Dubai Airport – Terminal 3

A la Carte Breakfast

Continental

Your choice of fresh juices, smoothies and our daily healthy drink

Natural or fruit yoghurts

Selected cereals to include Fruit’n’Fibre, cornflakes and granola offered with soya, low fat or full cream milk

Home-made Swiss Bircher muesli with apple, hazelnuts, oats, raisins honey and fresh cream

Tropical fresh fruit skewers

Florida cocktail of fresh orange and oink grapefruit segments

Warm Scottish porridge, with warm milk or cream, served with brown sugar or heather honey

Hot Breakfast

Your choice of fresh eggs cooked to order
Scrambled and finished with cream and herbs
Poached
Boiled to your liking and served with “Vegemite soldiers”
Omelet’s with a daily choice of filings

Accompaniments
Veal and chicken grilled sausages
Buttered field mushrooms
Roesti potatoes
Grilled tomatoes
Baked beans

Poached Scottish kipper fillets with roesti potatoes and cherry tomatoes

Salmon and potato fishcakes

Herb crepes rolled and filled with woodland mushrooms a la crème, with fresh asparagus and grilled tomato

Sweeter Options

Waffles freshly made to order, served with fruit compote and whipped cream

American pancake stack with maple syrup, powder sugar and strawberries

Breakfast Snacks

Grilled cherry tomatoes on toast

Delicatessen choice of cold meats and cheeses

Bakery Basket

Fresh toast rack of wholemeal, multi grain or white breads
French butter croissants
Almond croissants
Pain au chocolat
Chocolate, blueberry or banana and walnut muffins
Parisian butter brioche

Roll selection
Butter and strawberry, apricot, cherry preserves and marmalade
Vegetarian or unsalted butter

Lunch and Dinner

Starters

Light prawn, avocado and grapefruit cocktail

Australian seared loin of lamb, micro cress salad and wasabi cream

Tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad, with a fried quail egg and rocket pesto

Warm tomato and goat cheese tartlet with caramelized onions

Foie gras with truffle, warm brioche and fig chutney

Soups

Beef consommé with a veal and wild mushroom ravioli

Arabic lentil soup with a selection of toppings (smoked chicken breast, grilled prawns)

Main Course

Grilled Chilean sea bass, served with a cherry tomato ragout and coriander-infused basmati rice

Free-range chicken supreme with a truffle honey flavored jus, Mediterranean vegetables and oven-baked fingerling potatoes

American prime fillet of beef, sauce Béarnaise, caramelized green asparagus and grilled polenta

Spaghetti “Mammarosa” with sun-dried tomatoes (Vegetarian Choice)

Mushrooms a la Provencal (Vegetarian Choice)

Tandoori chicken served with biriyani, laccha salad and mint chutney

Sweet and sour prawns and jasmine egg fried rice

International Cheese Selection

Specially selected international cheeses, served with crudités, crackers and dried fruits

Dessert

White chocolate raspberry trifle

Trio of crème brulee: chocolate, pistachio, vanilla

Classic Peach Melba

Rhubarb crumble fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Chocolates and petit fours

Mini Arabic sweets, mini Florentines, white and dark fig truffles

Hot Beverages

Selection of premium teas & Choice of Coffees
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxmin
Great review! Would you recommend going to T1 for slumber rooms and showers?
It is a bit of a trek for a shower. I would ask for several towels.

The slumber rooms in T1, were not that great - I have used them at least 4 times, and they always felt stuffy and hot.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:55 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Nice report ^
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:32 am

impressive report. I'm sure this lounge is not fully operational yet (e.g. the fountains not working) but seems very promising. Good job again roadwarriorafrica ^ !
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Thanks for a great report! ^

Pity about the small showers and a lack of sleep rooms, though. The rooms in T1 may be stuffy but they are a godsend for a long layover.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice report.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Nice photos - thanks for sharing. ^
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the report and pics. What a menu!^
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Great report^^. May it be the first of many!
Did you take any snaps of the shower area?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've never been to Dubai. Other than shopping, what is there to do there as a tourist?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I've never been to Dubai. Other than shopping, what is there to do there as a tourist?
The "What Should I do in Dubai?" Master Thread
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
thanks!

Originally Posted by jakesterUK
Perfect. this is great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.