Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick Hotel & Parking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Gatwick Hotel & Parking

Having problems with searching forum so apologies.......

Need hotel and parking (one night hotel, 14 nights parking). Any cost-effective suggestions would be welcomed. 2 adults, 2 kids en-route to Dinsey

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is the hilton at the South Terminal ( connected by a regular train to the North terminal where the BA flight to MCO departs from.

There is also the Sofitel connected to the north terminal by a walkway.

Other hotels further away that might offer parking could be;

Renaissance
Holiday Inn

Enjoy Disney!

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:55 pm

Hi

Depends what "cost effective" is... (can vary from person to person).

We really like the Sofitel - connected directly to the North Terminal (great for BA flights and only a short mono-rail ride away from the South Terminal - if you are flying VS instead). The rooms at the Sofitel are pretty nice and the hotel has quite a nice buzz too (I like the rooms that overlook the hotel atrium - I like to people watch ).

Last year we booked (a stay and park package) directly through the Sofitel's website. I contacted the hotel directly (via email) and asked if I could pay extra to change to "meet & greet" parking and they said yes, for an extra £7! Great value (to not have to take the car to the main North Terminal Car Park): we just dropped the keys at reception when we checked in and met the chauffeur at the terminal when we returned. You can also book the hotel via sites like holidayextras.

Boo
Old Sep 20, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
I'd second the recommendation for the Sofitel. It's a great hotel in it's own right and it's location is ideal for BA.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
In the summer, we stayed at the Ramada Plaza for 1 night and that included parking at Summer parking, for about £110 inclusive. The hotel was very good and the parking facility was also top notch.

Strangely, summer special parking is also available in winter, as we have booked it for our Christmas holiday week, for £39. We are staying at the Gatwick Travelodge for £19 plus a fiver for overnight parking. Travelodge quality can be variable, with no frills. but it is a family room for 1 night's kip!

Try the holiday extras website.

A note of caution for OLCI users. My accountant used OLCI and then took a shared taxi transfer from his LGW guest house, deciding to arrive at the airport about 60 minutes prior to take-off. The taxi was delayed by some late pax and they used FBD 41 minutes before departure and were told they were too late. There was only one flight that day, so they had to buy single tickets, at high prices, from Easy Jet! So allow a little extra time!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by botham
A note of caution for OLCI users. My accountant used OLCI and then took a shared taxi transfer from his LGW guest house, deciding to arrive at the airport about 60 minutes prior to take-off. The taxi was delayed by some late pax and they used FBD 41 minutes before departure and were told they were too late. There was only one flight that day, so they had to buy single tickets, at high prices, from Easy Jet! So allow a little extra time!
I thought that FBD closed at 60 minutes prior to departure (or is that just long haul?)?

Aren't most accountants the "belt & braces" types? I hope that he has more sense as an accountant than as a traveller...

Boo
Old Sep 21, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Boo Boo
I thought that FBD closed at 60 minutes prior to departure (or is that just long haul?)?

Aren't most accountants the "belt & braces" types? I hope that he has more sense as an accountant than as a traveller...

Boo
So do I!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.