Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Wonton Soup @ Midway

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Great Wonton Soup @ Midway

What the heck, lets start a thread on this.

Whenever I fly Southwest into Midway, I try to make it to the food court and stop at the Chinese food counter there. The wonton soup is wonderful!

Anybody else have a suggestion for us hungry travelers?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: WN CP
Wreck from Potbelly, soda from said Chinese counter. That's my routine.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Giant, juicy burger and fries at Harry Caray's.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Wreck from Potbelly...
Yep, on wheat with mushrooms. And a huge pickle for 99 cents. Always, unless I'm desperately late. The wife always gets gyros.

I'll have to try that wonton soup.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: HHSilver;SWACompanion;AA;CO
The Greek place used to have the most wonderful baked chicken dish, but they've gone to mostly gyros & souvlaki.

My current favorite is the Chicken Salad Salad at Potbelly's with Potbelly's vinegarette on the side and a cup of the garden vegetable soup. The chicken salad is all white meat and it has cranberries on it, too.

They also often have nice, yellow bananas, so I get one of those and a large hot tea.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Guinness from the Irish pub, in a to-go cup, so I can find a spot with a decent wifi signal. It's the only airport that I know of that allows alcoholic drinks to be carried about freely.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by djk7
Guinness from the Irish pub, in a to-go cup, so I can find a spot with a decent wifi signal. It's the only airport that I know of that allows alcoholic drinks to be carried about freely.
DAL is another, if I recall correctly.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
DAL is another, if I recall correctly.
Thanks for the info. I don't think that I've ever been to DAL (at least within the last 20 years or so), but I will remember that if I do. In fact, my interest is piqued on this, I will start a thread on Travelbuzz to see if anyone can name any others.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djk7
Not MSY?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:53 pm

Hobby is the same as Love Field.

In Austin, we used to have a Tex Mex place that served great To-Go Margaritas at their drive-in window until someone ratted them out on a radio show.

Then again, when I first moved to Austin from Pittsburgh, it was legal to drink and drive at the same time.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Jumbo Char-Dog at Gold Coast Hotdogs, Chicago style, of course. Their Italian Beef sandwich is pretty good, too.

Haven't tried the burger at Harry Carry's yet. Sounds good!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:31 pm

Programs: wn-cp,
Manny's in the A concourse has a decent corned beef sandwich and Superdawg in the B concourse (near McDonalds) has an excellent hot dog, fries, and pickled tomato but unfortunately poor, disinterested servers. These non airport original restaurants are Chicago institutions but the MDW outposts come close.

Finally just past Potbellys (which is also very good and is the only Starbucks at MDW) is Nuts On Clark that has fresh popcorn that goes great on the plane with your free beer (with drink coupon). Also try their "Chicago Combo" of cheese corn and carmelcorn. Messy but good. Bring napkins and/or wetnaps. Enjoy.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 9:35 am

Here is a link to the concession maps at MDW

I have had good breakfast omelets at the Illinois Bar and Grill
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
Giant, juicy burger and fries at Harry Caray's.
Definitely second this one as a routine favorite, but my burger last week was overcooked (asked for medium rare) and didn't have time to send it back. Steak fries great. Missed A boarding as it was.

I was also somewhat shocked at paying $6.50 for a simple waffle cone at Ben & Jerry's.

Omelets are good at the IL bar and grill, burger isn't bad either.

Disappointed by the Gold Coast Hot Dog thing after a friend raved about the Chicago style. Probably just old, mass produced in their tiny spot.

Nuts on Clark has a great selection of nuts, etc but pricey.

Surprised there is no Auntie's Pretzels in the airport.

Last edited by joshua362; Sep 19, 2008 at 7:08 pm
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: WN RR
In MDW we used to always go to Miller's Pub, but I think we're tired of it by now. I don't like the Mexican place in the food court but my wife does so we eat there now. There is a good bakery place that has great coffee, but I can't remember the name.

Anyone got any ideas for BWI, I think we'll have more layovers there now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.