Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz #1 Gold as SEN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Hertz #1 Gold as SEN

Hi all,

I am "forced" to switch from Avis to Hertz when renting cars. AFAIK as a SEN you can get the #1 Gold card. Anybody know how to sign-up for that?

Thanks!
Andreas

=> Sorry if this has been posted before... I didn't find anything
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:07 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Hi all,

I am "forced" to switch from Avis to Hertz when renting cars. AFAIK as a SEN you can get the #1 Gold card. Anybody know how to sign-up for that?

Thanks!
Andreas

=> Sorry if this has been posted before... I didn't find anything
I don't know if there is a form or sth. on their web-page, but you can just call.
OTOH, this is not such a great offer: you get #1 Gold after 3 rentals per year, hence the perks are minimal... Sixt has the better offer for SENs: you get their Platinum card which gets you substantial upgrades and rebates. The link on their web-page has gone so it might no longer be available. But since the perks for FTLs are still there I'm assuming they still honor SENs.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
In some other countries, you receive a few "free day" vouchers upon initial enrolment into #1 Gold. Is this also the case in Germany?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by connex2me
In some other countries, you receive a few "free day" vouchers upon initial enrolment into #1 Gold. Is this also the case in Germany?
These free rental day vouchers are less worth than the paper they are printed on. Generally it will force you to use a specific CDP, and then using the SEN CDP or other CDP of choice the total price for a weekend will be the same, with or without voucher. (Or even, the voucher offer will be more expensive in total.)
Old Jul 12, 2007, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I get that voucher every 10 rentals and so far have not been able to use it. The LH CC CDP is far too good. I should trade it on coupon connection.... maybe against SWUs?

As far as the OP goes, AFAIK you can sign up for free in germany if you provide a Hertz CDP number at sign up. The CDP number for LH can be found here by searching a bit:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=hertz
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I have found Hertz to be absolutely useless. I have never rented a single car with them anywhere as they were always much more expensive than their competition. (in US I mainly use AVIS and in Europe SIXT).

I have the Hertz Gold card through AMEX and I think this thread is a good reminder for me to finally stop carrying the Hertz card around with me ...

RANT OVER
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I have found Hertz to be absolutely useless. I have never rented a single car with them anywhere as they were always much more expensive than their competition. (in US I mainly use AVIS and in Europe SIXT).

I have the Hertz Gold card through AMEX and I think this thread is a good reminder for me to finally stop carrying the Hertz card around with me ...

RANT OVER
Does anyone know the details of the levels that are above Hertz Gold (Pres. Circle and 5 Star, for example) for Europe? What are the differences b/w the rewards/requirements in Europe vs. the States? It seems like you don't earn gold points in Europe, but perchance I am wrong about that. Are there any explanatory websites? Also, wondering along similar lines for Avis in Europe. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by car-rentaholic
Does anyone know the details of the levels that are above Hertz Gold (Pres. Circle and 5 Star, for example) for Europe? What are the differences b/w the rewards/requirements in Europe vs. the States? It seems like you don't earn gold points in Europe, but perchance I am wrong about that. Are there any explanatory websites? Also, wondering along similar lines for Avis in Europe. Thanks!
First of all, there is a dedicated Hertz forum, which has plenty of info. I made 5* after 10, PCircle after 30 rental in Germany. I've maintained PCircle since even though I changed my address to the US. Sweden and Austrian Hertz had no clue I had status with Hertz. You don't earn any points with Hertz in Europe. It all goes to the FFP you choose.

@Rambuster: In Germany Hertz is good in Summer (winter bad as tyres are no bookable or very expensive) Europcar is great when you have F status (always get a good upgrade that way). I dumped Avis because I don't like GM group cars anymore. In the US Hertz has cool cars, which I always get.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:18 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by oliver2002
First of all, there is a dedicated Hertz forum, which has plenty of info. I made 5* after 10, PCircle after 30 rental in Germany. I've maintained PCircle since even though I changed my address to the US. Sweden and Austrian Hertz had no clue I had status with Hertz. You don't earn any points with Hertz in Europe. It all goes to the FFP you choose.
I also made 5* after 10. The card doesn't come until the year after in April, but the profile should show it, and you will start to see more frequent upgrades. President Circle (guaranteed upgrade on booking -- works most places) I got after 22-23 rentals that year. Apparently the limit to get PC is somewhere between 20 and 30, depending a bit on which country you are registered with. This year I got a PC card without expiry...
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by larsll
I also made 5* after 10. The card doesn't come until the year after in April, but the profile should show it, and you will start to see more frequent upgrades. President Circle (guaranteed upgrade on booking -- works most places) I got after 22-23 rentals that year. Apparently the limit to get PC is somewhere between 20 and 30, depending a bit on which country you are registered with. This year I got a PC card without expiry...
[emphasis added]

I wonder if there are any resources out there explaining the differences b/w the countries...
Old Jul 17, 2007, 3:29 am

[emphasis added]

I wonder if there are any resources out there explaining the differences b/w the countries...
Look for threads like this in the hertz forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446104
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Look for threads like this in the hertz forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446104
This is not a useful thread b/c:
1) it requires trying to filter through 7 pages of posts
2) there are few references to other countries
3) any insight that this gives to the question at hand is very indirect.

but thank you for your effort oliver2002, perchance there is a different thread within the hertz forum
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
This is not a useful thread b/c:
1) it requires trying to filter through 7 pages of posts
2) there are few references to other countries
3) any insight that this gives to the question at hand is very indirect.

but thank you for your effort oliver2002, perchance there is a different thread within the hertz forum
hm, I think Oliver2002 is doing a great job pointing you in the right direction, which is the search function (if you didn't get his subtle hint)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.