Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guarantee and asiaroom.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Guarantee and asiaroom.com

I'm seeing a rate on hilton's web site that is nearly $100 more than the rate for a hotel on asiaroom.com

any reason asia room's rates shouldn't qualify for the rate guarantee?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:23 pm

I'm guessing it will be considered a bulk rate. I have a similar question with Hotwire's rate and Hilton's guarantee.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

hotwire is specifically barred as an "opaque" site. asia rooms, i'm not sure about.

here is the language from hilton for sites outside the us, canada and p.r.

If you find a lower publicly available rate on a non-Hilton Family booking channel (except for "opaque" websites) for the same accommodations at the same hotel, same dates of stay, same length of stay, same number of guests and same room type, same booking conditions and available for purchase, within twenty-four (24) hours of booking your reservation, then fill out and submit a completed Claim Form within twenty-four (24) hours of booking the reservation
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Only immediate bookings are ellible. Asiarooms.com rates must be booked first.

Originally Posted by MrAOK
I'm seeing a rate on hilton's web site that is nearly $100 more than the rate for a hotel on asiaroom.com

any reason asia room's rates shouldn't qualify for the rate guarantee?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

i was going to book on hilton, then show the rate on asia hotels.

but the asia hotels asks for the information and says it will confirm if the rooms are available or some such.

the question is whether that qualifies for a rate guarantee
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:21 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Typically asiarooms rate includes breakfast while hilton rate does not - so they get out of the guarantee b/c it "is not the same" or

the asiarooms is a prepaid non-refundable rate and the hilton rate is not

They have many loop holes
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=19
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Gold (current Platinum), Hilton Diamond
I'm really torn about this. I'll be in London for a week and a half in September. It's an expensive city, and I'm on a budget, but am willing to pay extra to earn points and stay credit. So, I search for Hiltons and Starwoods so at least if I am spending money, I'm getting something in return (other than a place to sleep). I am bewildered by the policy of HHonors to not grants points or any preferred treatment to a Gold or Plat if booked on sites such as Asia Rooms (since I am CHOOSING Hilton - it is not an opaque site).

The savings on AsiaRooms are significant, but if I don't get acknowledgement in any way from Hilton if I book this way, why should I choose Hilton? Why not Millienium or Jurys or any of the boutique hotels?

I HATE the idea of spending money on hotels where I won't be earning points, but at a difference of over $100 a night (and taxes and breakfast included), I'd feel foolish booking through the Hilton or SPG site. So, I guess I'll stay at a Millenium or something.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by javachik2004
I'm really torn about this. I'll be in London for a week and a half in September. It's an expensive city, and I'm on a budget, but am willing to pay extra to earn points and stay credit. So, I search for Hiltons and Starwoods so at least if I am spending money, I'm getting something in return (other than a place to sleep). I am bewildered by the policy of HHonors to not grants points or any preferred treatment to a Gold or Plat if booked on sites such as Asia Rooms (since I am CHOOSING Hilton - it is not an opaque site).

The savings on AsiaRooms are significant, but if I don't get acknowledgement in any way from Hilton if I book this way, why should I choose Hilton? Why not Millienium or Jurys or any of the boutique hotels?

I HATE the idea of spending money on hotels where I won't be earning points, but at a difference of over $100 a night (and taxes and breakfast included), I'd feel foolish booking through the Hilton or SPG site. So, I guess I'll stay at a Millenium or something.
As was pointed out earlier, asiarooms.com does not provide immediate bookings, so the site does not qualify. You put in a request to them and they get back to you later. The rates you see on their website may or may not be available for the dates you want. Asiarooms.com acts as more of a hotel broker/consolidator site, not as an agent of the hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Morrissey
As was pointed out earlier, asiarooms.com does not provide immediate bookings, so the site does not qualify. You put in a request to them and they get back to you later. The rates you see on their website may or may not be available for the dates you want. Asiarooms.com acts as more of a hotel broker/consolidator site, not as an agent of the hotels.
And, as my post stated, my point isn't about the guarantee, it's about non-opaque channels and not getting stay/night/points/preferential treatment.

If, through any of these third party websites, I can knowingly CHOOSE a Hilton, but I don't receive any preferential treatment when doing so, Hilton is dissuading me from choosing them. Hilton loses my business and I lose the ability to earn points. It's a lose-lose situation which disappoints me.

ETA: By the way, I've never been turned down by Asia Rooms for a booking. It might not be immediate, but when I've used them for rooms, I've never had it come back as unbookable for any reason.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Exclamation

Originally Posted by javachik2004
And, as my post stated, my point isn't about the guarantee, it's about non-opaque channels and not getting stay/night/points/preferential treatment.

If, through any of these third party websites, I can knowingly CHOOSE a Hilton, but I don't receive any preferential treatment when doing so, Hilton is dissuading me from choosing them. Hilton loses my business and I lose the ability to earn points. It's a lose-lose situation which disappoints me.

ETA: By the way, I've never been turned down by Asia Rooms for a booking. It might not be immediate, but when I've used them for rooms, I've never had it come back as unbookable for any reason.
In addition to the "opaque channel" rule, Hilton also says: "Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status."

With regard to the rate guarantee, your room has to be "for the same accommodations at the same hotel, same dates of stay, same length of stay, same number of guests and same room type, same booking conditions and available for purchase, within twenty-four (24) hours of booking your reservation." Take a look at the FAQ for asiarooms.com. Most of their rates include tax and breakfast. Therefore, your rate you purchased from Hilton would have to include the same. Asiarooms.com also has its own cancellation policy which differs from that of Hilton's. Rooms booked through asiarooms are only available for "overseas guests" so the Hilton rate would have to have the same restriction. You get the picture...

http://www.asiarooms.com/faq/

Last edited by Morrissey; Aug 2, 2006 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:49 pm

I don't think anyone's arguing the rules or T&Cs.

I personally am expressing disappointment with their system. And of course it's not uncommon; I know of no hotel chains that offer points/status/preferential treatment for any stays booked via third party agents.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:02 pm

Be careful with Asiarooms.

They have a very bad repuation for dishonest practices (eg. charging credit cards before rooms are confirmed, taking a long time to refund).

I hear some hotels are now starting to refuse checkin of guests with Asiaroom bookings.

Do a search on google to find out more.

Last edited by mileagemax; Aug 2, 2006 at 10:19 pm
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by mileagemax
Be careful with Asiarooms.

They have a very bad repuation for dishonest practices (eg. charging credit cards before rooms are confirmed, taking a long time to refund).

I hear some hotels are now starting to refuse checkin of guests with Asiaroom bookings.

Do a search on google to find out more.

Really? Wow. Thanks for the warning!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:48 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
I am currently confronted with a problem with asiarooms.com. Booked a resort in Asia through them but had to cancel it 20 days ahead of check-in. According to their cancellation policy this costs 15 USD admin fee. It can be higher if the hotel has a different policy. Now they claim a full one night fee as this would be the hotel's policy in my case (cancellation within 30 day of check-in). They claim that this was mentioned in the voucher link they send me as booking confirmation. I cannot open the voucher link as the voucher has already been deleted after my cancellation. And even if the voucher stated that specific hotel policy its details were never communicated BEFORE I made the booking. So it is my understanding that this hotel policy has never become part of my contract. Seems like a scam by asiarooms.com...Anyone wth similiar experiences and what to do...? Disputing the one night fee with my cc company ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.