Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

No Breakfast or Executive Floor upgrades at the Waldorf=Astoria Collection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Those considering a reward stay at any of the Waldorf=Astoria Collection should be aware that there is a "special" regime of benefits for all members of Hilton Honors (Blue, Silver, Gold and Diamon). Here is the link:

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/processLanding.aspx?lp=wac

Note that with the exception of The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel in New York, the lack of mention of "Breakfast" (any type) and the specific exculusion of the EXECUTIVE FLOOR (or the Napua Club) in the Napua Tower, at Wailea.

In summary, the new benefits at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa , La Quinta Resort & Club and Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa are:

BLUE TIER
* Two bottles of water per stay

Silver VIP
* Welcome amenity on night of arrival

Gold VIP
* PLUS, choose ONE of the following:
* One category room upgrade (excluding suites and the Napua Tower at Grand Wailea). If upgrade is not available, member may choose one of the remaining either: (a) 1,000 HHonors bonus points; or (b) Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.)

Diamond VIP
* PLUS, choose TWO of the following (a) One category room upgrade (excluding suites and the Napua Tower at Grand Wailea). If upgrade is not available, member will receive both of the remaining two options; and/or (b) 1,000 HHonors bonus points; and/or (c) Discount at selected resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurants, etc.)

There is a somewhat different package of benefits for the Waldorf=Astoria Hotel in New York

I sincerely hope that this is not the start of a trend.

Last edited by Bondiboy; Aug 10, 2006 at 2:32 pm
Old Aug 10, 2006, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
From Inside Flyer magazine.

Adam Burke is quoted...

"The addition of the Grand Wailea to The Waldorf-Astoria Collection is the perfect complement to our collection. Members staying there will enjoy all the generous upgrades and amenities they have come to appreciate through the HHonors program." More here...

http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/...e.php?key=3097
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR CP, Hertz 5*
Recent stay at Arizona Biltmore

After booking a Villa Suite at the Biltmore, I inquired as to Diamond VIP benefits upon checkin and was informed that the Biltmore is a Hilton "affiliate," not a Hilton "property," thus I received no Hhonors benefits. I did receive an amenity on the evening of checkin (small cookie plate was delivered to my villa), but nothing else. I later logged onto the Hhonors website and discovered the amenities that VIPs are supposed to receive (should have also received 2 bottles of water, spa/restaurant discount, and 1000 bonus points - upgrade not an option since already in a suite). A conversation with the hotel manager upon checkout got me a $25 discount off my room for the missed amenities and a promise that my 1000 bonus points would be posted to my account as a Diamond VIP - which they never did. The Biltmore is truly a spectacular property but it really doesn't seem to be making much of an effort to welcome Hhonors VIPs.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by pmgood
After booking a Villa Suite at the Biltmore, I inquired as to Diamond VIP benefits upon checkin and was informed that the Biltmore is a Hilton "affiliate," not a Hilton "property," thus I received no Hhonors benefits. I did receive an amenity on the evening of checkin (small cookie plate was delivered to my villa), but nothing else. I later logged onto the Hhonors website and discovered the amenities that VIPs are supposed to receive (should have also received 2 bottles of water, spa/restaurant discount, and 1000 bonus points - upgrade not an option since already in a suite). A conversation with the hotel manager upon checkout got me a $25 discount off my room for the missed amenities and a promise that my 1000 bonus points would be posted to my account as a Diamond VIP - which they never did. The Biltmore is truly a spectacular property but it really doesn't seem to be making much of an effort to welcome Hhonors VIPs.

I would report this information and copy the hotel's GM (since you had a conversation with him) to [email protected] and [email protected].

Hopefully doing the above will prevent another VIP from suffering the same fate. In addition, you should always carry a printed copy of your reservation and the diamond (or whatever you elite level is) benefits.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
La Quinta...

I'll be staying at the Waldorf Astoria in La Quinta on business next week. I got a great government rate so I thought I would give it a try.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I do appreciate a cont breakfast, which as a Diamond, I have been spoiled by getting this perk for no charge. I do realize that I will forgo that perk and what I don't understand is if a property is going to carry the Hilton name, how can it opt out of what Gold/Diamond's get at every other property. I don't like this because it seems like any of the properties can do this if they choose (the old foot in the door).

Does anyone know what the exercise room is like? I hope it is nice. I hope it has weights and an eliptical.

Dawn
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have a paid stay at the Biltmore this coming weekend. I never eat breakfast on business stays, but do on personal stays so this is a dissappointment. I'd cancel if I could and rebook elsewhere, but this was net direct.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I'll be staying at the Waldorf Astoria in La Quinta on business next week. I got a great government rate so I thought I would give it a try.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I do appreciate a cont breakfast, which as a Diamond, I have been spoiled by getting this perk for no charge. I do realize that I will forgo that perk and what I don't understand is if a property is going to carry the Hilton name, how can it opt out of what Gold/Diamond's get at every other property. I don't like this because it seems like any of the properties can do this if they choose (the old foot in the door).

Does anyone know what the exercise room is like? I hope it is nice. I hope it has weights and an eliptical.

Dawn
Don't expect anything from this property.I stayed there in June,NO BREAKFAST,NO UPGRADE,NO WELCOME AMENITY.NO POINTS,No BOTTLED WATER...when I questioned the front desk,they acted like they din't know what I was talking about.When I printed out what was due me,per the HH website,they said they would check,and still got NOTHING.BTW,after 6 weeks of waiting for points from this visit to post to my HH account,I had to call HH to get them posted.It's a nice resort,yet rooms are a bit worn,and...I would never stay at this property again.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:30 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by sjk616
Don't expect anything from this property.I stayed there in June,NO BREAKFAST,NO UPGRADE,NO WELCOME AMENITY.NO POINTS,No BOTTLED WATER...when I questioned the front desk,they acted like they din't know what I was talking about.
Wow, beginning to sound like a lot of the UK Hiltons It's a shame that they can get away with treating their elites like this.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
It looks like the Diamond benefits for there have changed somewhat.

The Waldorf=Astoria Collection*
Includes Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, La Quinta Resort & Club and Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa:

Diamond VIP members will receive two bottles of water, welcome amenity on night of arrival AND may choose TWO of the following benefits:

One category room upgrade (excludes suites and the Napua Tower at Grand Wailea). If room upgrade is not available, member will receive both of the remaining options.
1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points
Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.) - At Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, Gold VIP members will receive a $25 Dining Credit (food only) or 20% off Spa Treatment
and for the Waldorf in NYC

Diamond VIP members will receive all Silver VIP benefits and their choice of one of the following benefits:
One category room upgrade (subject to availability)
1,000 HHonors bonus points
A choice of either a full American breakfast at Oscar's American Brasserie each morning or two complimentary beverages each night of the stay
it looks like you can get breakfast in NYC, and a $25 credit in Wailea, zip elsewhere. Doesn't seem right for the highest end properties.

(I know the quote for the Grand Wailea says Gold, but that is what the website says under Diamond and Gold)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

There must be two different web sites stating to different things,

trm2 - will toy please post your link.

The link that I have found is:

Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
There must be two different web sites stating to different things,

trm2 - will toy please post your link.

The link that I have found is:

Sure, it is under the benefits by level link:

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...vip_membership

You just need to scroll down a little.

I think I need to print this page to take with me next month, just in case.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the link.

It is interesting to note the subtle differences between the two statements of benefits. I am not sure if it is some sort of screw-up or just a work-in-progress.

Perhaps we should ask Hilton to clarify
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Just got back from a weekend at the Biltmore and here is what I found...

Upon check-in I was given the option of an upgrade, free breakfast for one morning, or 1000 points. I chose the breakfast, which was actually a $32 voucher for either one of two restaurants.

The nice desk clerk decided to upgrade me anyways without asking and I was upgraded to one of the villas which was a nice touch.

Overall it was a very nice stay. The summer rates are fantastic (Net direct was $109), so don't waste your points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.