Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opening hours for ORD lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by henry999
Erm ... sorry ... What The Fun is hbogo?

cheers,

Henry
It's an app for watching HBO television. It's restricted based on geographical IP address. So the network setup in the lounge places a Scandanvian IP. None of the American based entertainment works (such as NBC either).

FDW
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
SAS Lounge - ORD Terminal 5 - Flying Asiana

Hello all,

My wife and I are flying Asiana Airlines, Business Class (I). Will we be able to access the SAS lounge flying business?

Thank you.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold / Star Alliance Gold
Yes, you are welcome at the SAS Lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
It's a ...... lounge and really not worth the effort. SK should be ashamed, the only one worse I can think of is at CDG.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
ORD Lounge

I have a 5 hr layover in ORD on UAGlobalFirst, and am just wondering if it's worth it to walk over to Terminal 5 and check out the SAS lounge? Are the offerings better than the UA First lounge?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I have a 5 hr layover in ORD on UAGlobalFirst, and am just wondering if it's worth it to walk over to Terminal 5 and check out the SAS lounge? Are the offerings better than the UA First lounge?
SK flies out of a different terminal than UA. It's not worth the effort, even if you were to manage to get airside in that terminal with the SK lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Definitely not worth visiting. Even the wifi is better in the UA lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The UA IFL in T1C is decent enough, but the T5 SK lounge beats any UA club in T1/T2. But as someone posted above, you can't get into T5 with a T1 boarding pass. Enjoy the IFL!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Are people positive they won't allow you into T5 with a United boarding pass?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Are people positive they won't allow you into T5 with a United boarding pass?
The lounge may allow you in with some UA boarding pass, but getting access to the lounge is another story if your UA boarding pass isn't for a flight from T5. Doing an airside connection between terminals to get to T5 is more or less limited historically to AA to BA customers.

The SK lounge isn't anything special -- often enough I've had more trouble finding a comfortable seat in the SK ORD lounge than I've had in the UA lounges at ORD.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:10 pm

Purchase lounge access in ORD

I am taking a UA flight connecting at ORD on the way to CPH in September and would like to buy access at the SAS lounge in ORD with points. In checking the SAS online eligibility matrix it states that if the first flight is not with SAS, one must contact the first operating carrier to check in.So with all that said, is there a way purchase lounge access besides the SAS online check in?
Thanks so much for the help.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Danemark1
I am taking a UA flight connecting at ORD on the way to CPH in September and would like to buy access at the SAS lounge in ORD with points. In checking the SAS online eligibility matrix it states that if the first flight is not with SAS, one must contact the first operating carrier to check in.So with all that said, is there a way purchase lounge access besides the SAS online check in?
Thanks so much for the help.
You can also pay at the entrance. However looking at the Danish website, it does not mention the ORD lounge as an option. For points, only Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The ORD lounge is terrible, I wouldn't not recommend spending money on access if it doesn't come from your ticket or status. Its small, cramped, poor selection of food, unusable wifi, to few seats and no bathrooms.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:12 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The ORD lounge is terrible, I wouldn't not recommend spending money on access if it doesn't come from your ticket or status. Its small, cramped, poor selection of food, unusable wifi, to few seats and no bathrooms.
Which probably are among the reasons it is not listed as one where one can buy access with points
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:24 am

ORD lounge

Any experience from crowd levels at the ORD lounge after the change in timing of the ARN flights?

Or or the departure times of the CPH and ARN flights still too far apart to really matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.