Wiki Posts
Search

What does Hertz CDP mean?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club/TG*Sliver
What does Hertz CDP mean?

Hi, this might be smiple but I have no idea about CDP mean at all. I received my Eurobonus card not long ago, on the back of my card there are AVIS AWD N070001 and HERTZ cdp 855400. I know these are Rental car companies, why their names are listed on my card. As well as Radisson SAS hotel&Resorts. Because I've never received any membership guide and I'm lost here.

Another thing that I don't understand, what is the difference between the Radisson SAS and the Radisson? Do I get points by staying at any Radisson hotels or what?

p.s I really need a membership guide I think.

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:54 am

For Hertz and Avis you can sometimes get discounts, at least for EBG, you will need that code on the card when booking.
Radisson SAS is owned by SAS and EB used to be their official guest programme, but they have their own now as well. And yes, you will earn extra points (no status points) at all Radissons worldwide.
Some of this info is available on the SK web.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:15 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I would recommend visiting the Hertz/AVIS forums here at FT for excellent AWD:s and discount codes for Hertz.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:27 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Not 100% sure but I think CDP is short for Customer Discount Program. @:-)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
It means "Counter Discount Program".

Here is their description:
"A counter discount program, or "CDP", is a contract or program that has been established in cooperation with a company or organization under which individuals with specified characteristics are entitled to rent on rental terms that differ from those generally offered to the public. Examples of CDP’s include corporate rate plans and credit card and travel club discount programs. CDP’s are identified by using unique numbers ("CDP Numbers"), and require those who wish to rent under the terms of a CDP to furnish Hertz with the appropriate CDP Number. A CDP Number consists of numerical values and is between 1 and 10 digits long. This number can also be used in conjunction with a PC (Promotion Code), RQ (Rate Code) or CV (Convention Number) if the special offer or promotion requires additional information is included in the reservation."
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
For Hertz and Avis you can sometimes get discounts, at least for EBG, you will need that code on the card when booking.
Radisson SAS is owned by SAS and EB used to be their official guest programme, but they have their own now as well. And yes, you will earn extra points (no status points) at all Radissons worldwide.
Some of this info is available on the SK web.
Radisson SAS is long gone. The name is Radisson Blu, part of Radisson Rezidor Hotel Group. (Which is something different from Radisson).

The sellout meant, that when it was once basic points (and upgrade on EBG), it is now extra points.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Radisson SAS is long gone. The name is Radisson Blu, part of Radisson Rezidor Hotel Group. (Which is something different from Radisson).
Right, but the post you are commenting on was from 2006
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by wazow
Right, but the post you are commenting on was from 2006
Arghhh!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Arghhh!
My fault for commenting on an old thread and moving it to the top.

In my defense, I was googling what CDP stands for, and this old thread is like #1 or #2 in the results. Once I found the answer, I came back and posted it so at least the info on FT is correct.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just a quick update to this. Hertz is currently offering a promo with a 5000 extra points so I compared rates for renting a V60 for a week ex LLA:

EBG (CDP 824824) 2500SEK
https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/partne...on=globNav_8_1
5k points promo: 2700 SEK
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/renta...us-anniversary

The rate with my Amex CDP is 2350 SEK, so I'll pass on this promo
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just a quick update to this. Hertz is currently offering a promo with a 5000 extra points so I compared rates for renting a V60 for a week ex LLA:

EBG (CDP 824824) 2500SEK
https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/partne...on=globNav_8_1
5k points promo: 2700 SEK
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/renta...us-anniversary

The rate with my Amex CDP is 2350 SEK, so I'll pass on this promo
5000 SK points aren't worth 350 SEK?

The deal is better for one day rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.