Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

D class available for seat guarantee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Just managed to squeeze myself on to a sold out CPH-WAW on tuesday morning using only D class. Previously the demand for the 48h seat guarantee was C. So, this saved me a few bucks. This perk seems not to be very well documented, different agents handles it differently I think. So, if you need to use the guarantee, ask for D and tell them C should not be necessary! ^
Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Oh, and I have not posted any flights to EB in December so I guess i will get some 21000 points for ARN-CPH-WAW-CPH-ARN with the December 1 promo travelling in D? (I do not care about basic points in this case as I have requalified a long time ago).
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:11 am

Programs: SK*G
I had to use the guarantee on a OSL-CPH leg a couple of months ago and while initially being told that any business class ticket would be good the SAS rep could not get the booking system to give me a confirmed seat when he booked D-class. After talking to his manager it was confirmed that C was necessary and the seat immideatly opened up.

Are the rules different between intra-Scandinavia and Europe, or were you just really lucky with the agent's skills at the booking system? Hmmm....
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:27 am

According to the rules for the 48/24hr guarantee for EBGs, intra-Scandinavian and domestic trips are C and other destinations are C or D.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

What goes around...

So I had my seat guarantee flight this morning... The 8.15 CPH-WAW was overbooked (of course ) so the GA called for passengers able to travel at 14.10. A girl apparently got a VDB voucher.
So, you guys thought ARN-ZRH 3h+ was bad on the Q400?
This was my first 5h flight... Snowy in WAW so we entered a holding pattern (got a good breakfast as I was in C - always something). After a while pilots says we have to divert due to fuel shortage and the auto pilot was not functioning so we had to find a airport with visual. Nearest was Bornholm (?) and we had to fly slowly (?) due to the fuel issue. OK, in short, toilet broke down, we continued back to CPH due to the plane being tech.
So, I ended up with the 14.10 flight... Together with the VDB girl I kicked out...
(BTW The 14.10 was delayed too, another story...)
Old Dec 20, 2005, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
So I had my seat guarantee flight this morning... The 8.15 CPH-WAW was overbooked (of course ) so the GA called for passengers able to travel at 14.10. A girl apparently got a VDB voucher.
This was my first 5h flight... Snowy in WAW so we entered a holding pattern (got a good breakfast as I was in C - always something). After a while pilots says we have to divert due to fuel shortage and the auto pilot was not functioning so we had to find a airport with visual. Nearest was Bornholm (?) and we had to fly slowly (?) due to the fuel issue. OK, in short, toilet broke down, we continued back to CPH due to the plane being tech.
So, I ended up with the 14.10 flight... Together with the VDB girl I kicked out...
Holy smokes! What a day that must have been. Was the girl good looking at least??
Old Dec 20, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
What a flight, funny!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:12 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
It is nice to know that others are having problems with their flying-Karma these days too. I don't think I have been on-time since October... And the list includes diversions due to weather, diversions due to engine failure + repetitive funny weather conditions in MUC and AMS. Can someone tell me why we like it so much up there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.