Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

?? re booking ticket with different start and end points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I keep getting ads for SAS's fall sale, so decided to check it out for a November trip.

My home airport is PHL, but SAS doesn't fly from there, so first looked at EWR-AMS rt, then EWR-AMS, CPH-EWR, but I'd really prefer not to have 2 train trips after a TATL flight. Found I actually can fly from/to PHL codeshare connecting in Chicago for a much higher price, but that's easier on me than getting home from EWR.

What I'd like to do is fly EWR-AMS and CPH-PHL which is more reasonably priced and not too challenging but as far as I can tell, that can't be booked via the SAS website. Does anyone have a backdoor secret way to do that?

I did look at 2 one way tickets, but the one way fare is 11x half of a rt. I thought that pricing model died out years ago.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
SK's webpage capabilities are quite limited. I don't know if you can book your double open jaw on phone but OTAs like Expedia work.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
It is possible to book these A->B, C->D tickets (A and D as well as B and C on the same continent) for the price published on their website when calling a (competent) phone agent.

I do this quite often and it is ok when you hold status and can skip the waiting queue. If you have a good agent, you just tell him the exact timings (flight numbers) and the booking will be fast. Just be prepared and research the price for both legs (A->B and C->D) beforehand. If you get astronomic prices (e.g. 4000 € for a GO ticket) then either complain or - better - call in again and get a better agent. I used to get exactly the same prices as I had researched before and good agents get it done in less than 10 minutes.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You even get the agent to waive the rather high boking fee for making the reservation by phone?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

I don't have status with SAS, never flown them before, so it sounds like an OTA is the best option.

Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Make sure to complain in every survey about their lack of a multi-city search engine on their website as one of the few non-LLC airlines. Or the lack of being able to fly A->B->C tickets where A and C are both European/Nordic cities while B could be anything.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:20 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Use www.wf.no

Widerĝes webpage works very well for booking SK tickets, and they have a very good chat service. There are fewer airlines loaded than in previous years, but for a SK United multi city booking it works well. I found fares in November EWR-AMS/CPH-PHL for around USD 700 R/T
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ksu
Use www.wf.no

Widerĝes webpage works very well for booking SK tickets, and they have a very good chat service.
Unfortunately that is only true for standard revenue bookings. Even that is not entirely true because the engine doesn't understand Plus. While it solves web-based multi-city SAS bookings, it doesn't present all options that you would otherwise get for a regular round-trip on the SK website.

Nevertheless, if WF can do this mostly right, why can't SK?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:50 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Unfortunately that is only true for standard revenue bookings. Even that is not entirely true because the engine doesn't understand Plus. While it solves web-based multi-city SAS bookings, it doesn't present all options that you would otherwise get for a regular round-trip on the SK website.

Nevertheless, if WF can do this mostly right, why can't SK?
True, only SAS does bonus bookings. And WF (happily) does not list the SK/AA connections that the SAS webpage insists on offer to certain destinations (instead of the more logical UA-connections - who in their right mind would connect AA to SK when UA has similarly timed/priced connections?).

The lack of "premium economy" booking on WF is a nuisance. And their booking motor was much better and gave more choices/flexibility ten years ago than today, so WF is certainly not perfect,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.