Wiki Posts
Search

SAS A320 seat pitch?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
SAS A320 seat pitch?

Both SeatGuru and SeatMaestro quote the seat pitch of SAS A320s as 31-32" (and width 18"). This seems relatively generous in comparison to many European shorthaul aircraft (e.g. BA A319 with 29" pitch and 17" width).

However, I can't find anything "official" on the SAS website to back this up (as far as I can tell, there's almost nothing about the shorthaul aircraft on there). In addition, I believe there's still some difference between business/"plus" & economy/"go" - given that's no reflected on the third party seat plans I'm wary as to its accuracy.

For reference, I'm looking at the LHR-CPH route - on the dates I'm flying BA and SAS are similar prices. I'm trying to decide which carrier give the best deal in economy. I'm a Star Alliance gold, so will probably go with SAS all things being equal.

If anyone has any experience with SAS A320 seats and/or can point me to something official, it'd be great to hear about it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I just stepped out of a SAS A320. The seat pitch is overall good on SAS planes, so I felt comfortable (compared to other European airlines I have been flying with). So I consider the 31-32 inch is correct.

I haven't flown on their A320neo though. There seatguru states 30-31 inch as they seemingly added one additional row.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have not seen an official number from SK But there is definitely more legroom than the new BA birds.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by herwig
I haven't flown on their A320neo though. There seatguru states 30-31 inch as they seemingly added one additional row.
The extra row on SAS Neo is due to Space Flex (removal/relocation of aft lavatories.)
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Yesterday I flew an older A320 from MXP to CPH, then a neo from CPH to ARN (seat 2C on both flights). No meaningful difference in seat pitch or width that I could discern. The neos have the newer interior with USB power ports in the seats. They also have big winglets and the engines sound a bit different. If you are already Gold and have FastTrack and Lounge access, Plus and Go are only differentiated by service level (including free food and drink) and mileage awarded, with no center-seat blockage or physical changes in the cabin. Additionally, Plus is always the forward-most rows in the cabin, so it effectively blocks the chance to book an exit row seat for additional legroom.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Daner
Plus is always the forward-most rows in the cabin, so it effectively blocks the chance to book an exit row seat for additional legroom.
I booked a "Go Light" ticket today and was able to choose from all the seats on the plane. I chose 10A which I believe to be an exit row. Has something changed re: the Plus/Go split, or possibly was it a perk of Gold membership?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by itfcfan
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback.

I booked a "Go Light" ticket today and was able to choose from all the seats on the plane. I chose 10A which I believe to be an exit row. Has something changed re: the Plus/Go split, or possibly was it a perk of Gold membership?
Plus is not a benefit of *G. It is a separate booking class. If for some reason the Go cabin stretched to row 1, it would be adjusted later and Go passengers would unceremoniously be bumped from those seats.

Please note that the SK seat selection screen does not show the Plus section when in Go. So while it may look like you can chose the first row, this is merely the first row of the Go cabin. I know that some airlines show the whole plane with just some seats unavailability for selection.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Plus is not a benefit of *G. It is a separate booking class. If for some reason the Go cabin stretched to row 1, it would be adjusted later and Go passengers would unceremoniously be bumped from those seats.

Please note that the SK seat selection screen does not show the Plus section when in Go. So while it may look like you can chose the first row, this is merely the first row of the Go cabin. I know that some airlines show the whole plane with just some seats unavailability for selection.
I wasn't suggesting plus to be a *G benefit, just that universal seat selection might be. Thanks for correcting me.

For reference, I could select any seat from 1A backwards. This was when booking from the flysas.com website. The flight I choose was very empty (only 8-10 seats showing as occupied for a flight occurring in ~2 weeks time). I hope I don't get bumped from the exit row!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't suggesting plus to be a *G benefit, just that universal seat selection might be. Thanks for correcting me.

For reference, I could select any seat from 1A backwards. This was when booking from the flysas.com website. The flight I choose was very empty (only 8-10 seats showing as occupied for a flight occurring in ~2 weeks time). I hope I don't get bumped from the exit row!
People often think that Plus is like UA E+ or AA MCE. So just pointing out that difference.

It is very rare that Plus stretches all the way to the exit row. Maybe on the Monday morning flight from CPH to LHR in the busy season for business travellers. But usually not even then.

*G does get advance seat selection anywhere within the cabin.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The flight I choose was very empty (only 8-10 seats showing as occupied for a flight occurring in ~2 weeks time). I hope I don't get bumped from the exit row!
There is no connection between seat reservations and the load level since most people have to pay for the reservation. And even if you have it included there can be many reasons why you don't use it.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
People often think that Plus is like UA E+ or AA MCE. So just pointing out that difference.

It is very rare that Plus stretches all the way to the exit row. Maybe on the Monday morning flight from CPH to LHR in the busy season for business travellers. But usually not even then.

*G does get advance seat selection anywhere within the cabin.
Domestic and instra Scandinavian morning flights often sees Plus stretch into the exit rows. SK238 tomorrow has 12 rows of Plus. 11 for the OSL-SVG flight on a 737-700.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisljo
Domestic and instra Scandinavian morning flights often sees Plus stretch into the exit rows. SK238 tomorrow has 12 rows of Plus. 11 for the OSL-SVG flight on a 737-700.
Yeah, I forgot about those. It has been a while since my regular commute on CPH<>ARN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.